Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Voxelus Investors Unite To Ask For A Refund  (Read 2237 times)
durrrrdwan

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:36:55 AM

"That's a quite big failure..."  ok i laughed

-----------
"Halsey Minor's $20 Million Mansion Sells for $4 Million Less"
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2016/07/halsey-minors-20-million-mansion-finally-sells-for-a-4-million-loss.html

and that turdpin guy too!

this looks like a case of VC guys trying to flip a fast buck, and with little creative efforts.

Hoho, if he is so wealthy why he created those sites(uphold) for ico, hardly to understand, and he never helped this project if the price is so low.
wtman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:37:57 AM

Hi gentlemen please go through this. I think this may be something serious worth looking into. They made this promise, which turned out to be a lie as we can see now. It obviously affected Vox price because they supported more than just Vox and Bitcoin unlike what was promsied to us during ICO. Anyone with more legal knowledge can tell how serious this is?

Did anyone notice that the following is no longer true. Uphold has Litecoin and Ethereum too.

Voxels will be the only cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin supported by Uphold.

They also claimed that Voxels will be the only way for buying and selling stuff on Voxelus platform. I'm pretty sure they will back out of that promise too, as it has happened in case of Uphold already.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 11:42:54 AM

Hoho, if he is so wealthy why he created those sites(uphold) for ico, hardly to understand, and he never helped this project if the price is so low.

Wealthy? According to some (old) sources he's at least $50 million in debt...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-30/cnet-founder-minor-files-for-bankruptcy-after-selling-art
http://celebritynetworths.org/halsey-minor-net-worth/
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1893457-cnet-founder-halsey-minor-i-had-no-ability-to-manage-my-life/

wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:21:27 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-30/cnet-founder-minor-files-for-bankruptcy-after-selling-art
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1893457-cnet-founder-halsey-minor-i-had-no-ability-to-manage-my-life/

Yeah, I think Voxelus and Uphold are his two biggest companies currently. Uphold boasts of honesty and transparency while Voxelus is a scam
gfwdown

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:27:17 PM

Yeah, I think Voxelus and Uphold are his two biggest companies currently. Uphold boasts of honesty and transparency while Voxelus is a scam

Wow, he is -50M now, no wonder he created a scam ico to make money. Maybe he can get high commission of this project.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 06:05:34 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 06:19:24 AM by freequant

How is Voxelus a scam? They built a VR market place, a 3D engine and a 3D modeler, didn't they?
Hasley Minor has a track record of building legit businesses, doesn't he?
Businesses fail all the time, that's the thing. Time is of the essence. Voxelus made its ICOs at the wrong time when there wasn't much hot money to get in. They raised 300k USD, that's too little to get anywhere, they had to take from the remaining premined funds to get going, and that obviously affected the price.
They also went for VR too early, a typical killer for businesses. Too early is as bad as too late. Timing is key. VR still very much is a fringe technology, and although it starts to pick up steam, it's still a very long way before mainstream, and together with the failed fundraiser, Voxelus didn't have enough funds to survive until the VR really takes off.

Investors are also responsible for doing due diligence. Although Hasley Minor has been doing well during the Dotcom bubble, this was a long time ago, and recent history show that he has managed to blow 200M USD of personal wealth and make 50M USD of debts since then. So obviously this was a risky bet.

From my perspective, there is very little that can be reproached to Voxelus. And it's fair game for Uphold to try to diversify with ETH and other currencies even though they initially promised to give exclusivity to VOX. VOX has failed. Should Uphold fail too? If Uphold can survive by diversifying, power to them.

OP, you should be happy that VOX still has a price at all on the market. You can still get out now and recoup at least some of your initial investments while you still can. Crypto businesses fail slowly by becoming irrelevant while the equity is still liquid enough to be traded, that's still a very sweet deal compared to real life businesses that fail brutally letting investors with no way out and a 100% loss. Making libelious threads against Minor and his projects doesn't help the price. Ultimately, you are shooting yourself in the foot by doing that. At the very least, be rational and keep your vitriol for after you sold your position. And remember that although failing a business isn't illegal, slander is, so please remain factual in your accusations.
wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:55:55 PM

How is Voxelus a scam? They built a VR market place, a 3D engine and a 3D modeler, didn't they?
Hasley Minor has a track record of building legit businesses, doesn't he?
Businesses fail all the time, that's the thing. Time is of the essence. Voxelus made its ICOs at the wrong time when there wasn't much hot money to get in. They raised 300k USD, that's too little to get anywhere, they had to take from the remaining premined funds to get going, and that obviously affected the price.
They also went for VR too early, a typical killer for businesses. Too early is as bad as too late. Timing is key. VR still very much is a fringe technology, and although it starts to pick up steam, it's still a very long way before mainstream, and together with the failed fundraiser, Voxelus didn't have enough funds to survive until the VR really takes off.

Investors are also responsible for doing due diligence. Although Hasley Minor has been doing well during the Dotcom bubble, this was a long time ago, and recent history show that he has managed to blow 200M USD of personal wealth and make 50M USD of debts since then. So obviously this was a risky bet.

From my perspective, there is very little that can be reproached to Voxelus. And it's fair game for Uphold to try to diversify with ETH and other currencies even though they initially promised to give exclusivity to VOX. VOX has failed. Should Uphold fail too? If Uphold can survive by diversifying, power to them.

OP, you should be happy that VOX still has a price at all on the market. You can still get out now and recoup at least some of your initial investments while you still can. Crypto businesses fail slowly by becoming irrelevant while the equity is still liquid enough to be traded, that's still a very sweet deal compared to real life businesses that fail brutally letting investors with no way out and a 100% loss. Making libelious threads against Minor and his projects doesn't help the price. Ultimately, you are shooting yourself in the foot by doing that. At the very least, be rational and keep your vitriol for after you sold your position. And remember that although failing a business isn't illegal, slander is, so please remain factual in your accusations.

If they are scamming me, I care more about telling everyone about the scam than my own diminishing investment so what you said is unimportant to me. They obviously lied to raise the ico funds. This project is getting stale because of quiet devs not bothered about the investors.  If everyone knows Halsey Minor is a scammer, it is good because it will be harder to raise phase 2 of the ico as they have only sold 15% of the premined coins so far. How are they going to get people excited about buying the rest of premined coins? I do feel the rest of the premine is getting dumped anyway, I would like to see the address with 85% unsold coins (can't find it on block explorer)

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:18:14 PM

damn. I was already turned off uphold by the founder telling us bitcoin was gonna die plus their reserves being made up of some private coin i'd never heard of. I really didn't think they'd reduce themselves to participating in some bullshit crowdsale.

they are quite clearly nowhere near being a legit business of any type .
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:27:46 PM

Secondlife should start with Sansar , what is code name for Second Life 2 that base on VR. , in first half of 2016. But was no news about it so far. So yes it is way to early. people are just not equipped enough with it to make it a huge success.
wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:57:53 PM

although it starts to pick up steam, it's still a very long way before mainstream

I believe its spelled "steem"

The following is no longer true. Uphold has Litecoin and Ethereum too.

Voxels will be the only cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin supported by Uphold.

Let's clear this one up. Back in November, Uphold themselves stated that Voxels would be the only other crypto besides Bitcoin used on the site. When I stated it here at the end of last year, it was true . It was originally stated by Anthony the CEO of uphold in a letter they sent out to all their investors. 5 months later Uphold decided to add ETH and LTC. I'm not sure why that's a problem because it allows you to trade LTC and ETH for VOX.

See, VOX holders should be happy that Uphold is supporting more and more different coins every day!

No. If supporting more and more currencies was a better idea, why would they sell Uphold's plan of supporting only Bitcion and Vox to us as a positive during ico?
freequant

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:50:54 AM

No. If supporting more and more currencies was a better idea, why would they sell Uphold's plan of supporting only Bitcion and Vox to us as a positive during ico?
Uphold never commited to support only VOX and BTC ever, that would make no business sense, and actually suck for everyone including VOX holders because nobody would be using Uphold and VOX would have much less exposure.
What they said is that by the time of VOX launch, Uphold was only going to be supporting VOX and BTC.
You seem to have a personal axe to grind with Minor. Please get that offline, or state your true reasons instead of making a mountain out of a molehill.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1456

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:01:43 AM

If you get a refund then this will be a first in the cryptosphere. But it is very doubtful that you will. If VOX is a scam then say goodbye to your BTC. There will be know way scammer will return the BTC to the scammee. It does not work that way.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:36:50 AM

Uphold never commited to support only VOX and BTC ever, that would make no business sense, and actually suck for everyone including VOX holders because nobody would be using Uphold and VOX would have much less exposure.
What they said is that by the time of VOX launch, Uphold was only going to be supporting VOX and BTC.
You seem to have a personal axe to grind with Minor. Please get that offline, or state your true reasons instead of making a mountain out of a molehill.

You are wrong but feel free to keep repeating

I have quoted the actual words from original ICO topic. Premines getting slowly dumped and fake promises have been made. Price is down over 1/14th. Devs are silent, no open slack, private blockchain, no actual progress reports, just look around what it is like.
The scam is obvious, unless you are part of the ico team

freequant

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 04:16:33 PM

I have quoted the actual words from original ICO topic
Yes, and these words don't say "never". They said back then when there was only BTC that it would be only BTC and VOX and back then it was true. But they didn't say that this would be only BTC and VOX ever. Again, that would make no sense to make that kind of promise. Interpreting correctly ambiguous sentences requires common sense and good faith. I for one never assumed that Uphold would have only BTC and VOX forever. But probably you won't see it that way because you have a bias. You haven't even explained why it's such a big deal anyway. Do you think listing other coins have had any negative impact on VOX? Get real...

Price is down over 1/14th
Oh, it's a scam because price went down?

Devs are silent
They aren't silent at all. They are posting everyday on twitter, getting featured on VR websites, speaking at conferences, posting new videos on Vimeo... Took me a 10mn Google search to find updates... You must not be searching very hard. Too busy whining on Bitcointalk I guess...

no open slack
I don't see how that's a problem so long as you can request for an invite, and get one. You are completely making up problems where there are none. Obviously you have an axe to grind.

no actual progress reports
That's the only point that you have that's not complete hot air. They should be making more progress reports, that I agree, and if you focused on that point instead of jumping at their throat like an angry pitbull, maybe they'd listen to you...

The scam is obvious
How is that a scam? They built the software, didn't they? They issued a crypto currency and distributed it, didn't they? They created a market place didn't they? They haven't pulled a runner at all, they are still running the blockchain, they are still working on the project albeit apparently with limited resources and slow progress. How is that a scam? A struggling project, certainly. A scam, absolutely not. What kind of scammers actually do what they say they would and spend hundreds of hours developing all the software and are still around one year later?

Or is it that you are salty because you made a bad investment decision and instead of blaming yourself, you blame others because you lack the depth of character to suck it up like a man?
wtman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:21:03 PM

I have quoted the actual words from original ICO topic
Yes, and these words don't say "never". They said back then when there was only BTC that it would be only BTC and VOX and back then it was true. But they didn't say that this would be only BTC and VOX ever. Again, that would make no sense to make that kind of promise. Interpreting correctly ambiguous sentences requires common sense and good faith. I for one never assumed that Uphold would have only BTC and VOX forever. But probably you won't see it that way because you have a bias. You haven't even explained why it's such a big deal anyway. Do you think listing other coins have had any negative impact on VOX? Get real...

Price is down over 1/14th
Oh, it's a scam because price went down?

Devs are silent
They aren't silent at all. They are posting everyday on twitter, getting featured on VR websites, speaking at conferences, posting new videos on Vimeo... Took me a 10mn Google search to find updates... You must not be searching very hard. Too busy whining on Bitcointalk I guess...

no open slack
I don't see how that's a problem so long as you can request for an invite, and get one. You are completely making up problems where there are none. Obviously you have an axe to grind.

no actual progress reports
That's the only point that you have that's not complete hot air. They should be making more progress reports, that I agree, and if you focused on that point instead of jumping at their throat like an angry pitbull, maybe they'd listen to you...

The scam is obvious
How is that a scam? They built the software, didn't they? They issued a crypto currency and distributed it, didn't they? They created a market place didn't they? They haven't pulled a runner at all, they are still running the blockchain, they are still working on the project albeit apparently with limited resources and slow progress. How is that a scam? A struggling project, certainly. A scam, absolutely not. What kind of scammers actually do what they say they would and spend hundreds of hours developing all the software and are still around one year later?

Or is it that you are salty because you made a bad investment decision and instead of blaming yourself, you blame others because you lack the depth of character to suck it up like a man?

They did lie that Uphold will only support Vox and Btc. I'm pretty sure someone will sue them for this. It may not matter to you (we don't care) but it matters to me because they lied. Uphold supporting just bitcoin and Vox was a huge statement of trust, but Vox just ended up being a tier 4 currency there - not in line with the others.

An year later you will say that they never claimed Voxels will be the only mode of payment on Voxelus.com Don't fool investors. I wouldn't be surprised if they get sued any day now

Price is down because they have been dumping the premine quietly when it was supposed to be released slowly as the platform progresses. They are just scamming initial investors shamelessly. No one was told how it was being dumped. They know it is a scam and no one will buy their premine again, therefore there have been (and there won't be) any more 15% releases, they are just dumping it on poor people quietly instead. What a scam

No updates because they don't have much to show. Its the same stuff they are rehashing / making videos of.

No open Slack because again its a scam. Nobody wants scrutiny, hence all this pain when questions are being asked. Every legit coin has an open Slack

Their forum is dead.

This is a million dollar scam.

It was a scam by design from the start I think. Halsey Minor is a scamster for this reason.
hcbfs

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:38:39 PM

For now, it is a joke,lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: