Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *** New Fastest & Most Efficient ETH Miner Available ***  (Read 1221 times)
Avalanche_Hosting (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 12:52:45 PM

What are your thoughts???

* Brand new FUEL160 ETH/EXP/ETC mining rig
* Rack Mountable & Built inside a durable 4U server Chassis.
* 160 Mhs+
* 980W at the wall
* Single PSU
* The first actual plug and mine ETH miner!

Priced at $3,299/unit is there any other rig to even consider??

www.facebook.com/AvalancheHosting

MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:20:34 PM

So RX480's do about 30MH/s+ at $240, 6x of them gives you 180MH at ~ $1500, GreyMatter rackmount GPU case $500 and CPU/MEM/SSD/PSU another $300, so let's say $2300.  Power consumption on the modded firmware for it is ~120w a card, plus let's say 60w for system overhead, so a total of ~800w consumption - toss in another 66w for fans.

So on the pluses for what I described:

#1: it costs 30% less
    #2: it consumes 12% less power
    #3: almost all components can trivially be resold
    #4: 12% more hash rate

The pluses on what you describe:

#1: runs out of the box (no assembly required)
    #2: maybe has a warranty?

But looking at your page, you're not really selling some sort of custom mining machine, you're selling a preconfigured system, so #3 really isn't as much of a benefit although you're using older cards since you're packing in 8 of them in the case (and I do mean packing them in).  It's a nice looking build though, IMO - I like the case color, very distinctive.

So then it's just a question of how much it's worth to you to have someone else preconfigure and troubleshoot the system.  For the novice, I think it's probably a pretty big plus, as it can be tricky, especially once you get past 5 cards.  But for anyone who builds more than one or two rigs I can't see it - I literally have zero issues bringing up new machines unless there's a hardware issue and that's pretty uncommon.  I think eBay is probably a better marketplace than the forums, but who knows... Of course the thing probably weights a ton, so shipping would be pretty costly.

Oh, and your per/kW/Month price is pretty good - you should consider putting up more pictures of your facility and total capacity.
Avalanche_Hosting (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 03:07:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  We are working on a new build with the 480.  We are estimating around 240 mhs.  Not ready for sales yet on it though. In quantity the 480 units are hard to come by plus we have to get the modded firmware stable before we offer to end users. 

Thanks for comments on our facility!  We've put a lot of hard work in getting it expanded.  As far as the details of the facility go -

*  1.5 MW of total capacity (Up from 750 kW)
*  240 rack spaces added.
*  We have recently expanded our capacity and have hosting spaces open and dedicated for Bitcoin mining.
*  In addition to traditional clients we already host for several Bitcoin mining clients so we have experience in your field.
*  Our facility has dedicated fiber lines with redundancy to ensure your rigs stay connected and mining!
*  Our facility also has an 80 ton chiller dedicated to our space to make sure the rigs stay cool.
*  Currently we boast 98%+ up-time!!

Our rates are tiered in structure based upon your power demands, and start at 10.5 cents per kW all in ($75.60 per month / per kW).  No rack fee, no set up fees, none of the nickel and dime stuff that most data centers hit you with.  If you are interested in hosting please PM us for details and we will provide you with all necessary information. 

Thanks again!
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:25:18 PM

US$75/kW is expensive.  C$65/kW (=US$50) can easily be found:
http://cryptoboreas.com/pricing.html

There are now several utilities in the US with residential power prices around 5c/kWh (across the US, not just Chelan, WA), so hosting on your own is the best option.  If you are city with high power prices, hosting at a facility that charges ~10c/kWh is a bad idea, since it is only a matter of time before it becomes unprofitable like bitcoin.  The break-even point for mining with a Antminer S7 is now 9c/kWh.
Avalanche_Hosting (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:01:51 PM

There are now several utilities in the US with residential power prices around 5c/kWh (across the US, not just Chelan, WA), so hosting on your own is the best option.  If you are city with high power prices, hosting at a facility that charges ~10c/kWh is a bad idea, since it is only a matter of time before it becomes unprofitable like bitcoin.  The break-even point for mining with a Antminer S7 is now 9c/kWh.

Unfortunately that information is totally incorrect.  .05 US kWh for residential is virtually unheard of.  In the US our residential rates vary from .10 - .18 +
.05 cents per kWh is lower than we pay for industrial/commercial rates. 

With that being said - You also have to factor in service size (480V 1.5 mW), transformers (480V to 208V), Air conditioning to keep the rigs cold, PDU's on server racks, racks them selves, the list goes on and on.  So comparing a rate (residential US or Canada) to a data center is apples to oranges.  No comparison at all.  Also you have to factor the cost of asymetircal fiber to your home connection as well plus all of the networking gear....  Again - no comparison from a home user to a professional environment.
Avalanche_Hosting (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:22:23 PM

Just in case anyone wants to see the factual information...

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.cfm?t=epmt_5_6_a
nerdralph

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:24:55 PM

Unfortunately that information is totally incorrect.  .05 US kWh for residential is virtually unheard of.  In the US our residential rates vary from .10 - .18 +
.05 cents per kWh is lower than we pay for industrial/commercial rates. 

Seems like you are out of touch with the power market.  Even in states like NY with high electricity prices, some smaller municipalities charge reasonable rates for power.
http://www.electricitylocal.com/states/new-york/solvay/

Wholesale electricity rates in many parts of the country are usually 2-3c/kWh ($20-$30/MWh).
http://pjm.com/
nerdralph

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:29:04 PM

Just in case anyone wants to see the factual information...

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.cfm?t=epmt_5_6_a

Nice straw man argument.  Where did I say that AVERAGE power rates are 5c/kWh?
Chelan county residential rates are only 2.7c/kWh:
https://www.chelanpud.org/my-pud-services/rates-and-policies

And note that is only "one of the lowest rates".  i.e. there are places with even lower rates.
Avalanche_Hosting (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 04:40:39 PM

Straw Man? Ahhh I see who we're having a discussion with now.  Thanks for your time.  Enjoy your day.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:59:51 PM

Unfortunately that information is totally incorrect.  .05 US kWh for residential is virtually unheard of.rison from a home user to a professional environment.

Chelan, Grant, and Douglas counties in Washington State are ALL well under 5c/KWH for residential - 2 of the 3 are more like *3* cents/kwh, Grant is 4.1
 As I recall Douglas is a HAIR lower than Chelan right now for residential, but they are very very close and seem to trade off on that every so often.

I do concede that there aren't a lot of places with 5c/kwh or less in the US, but "virtually unheard of" is stating that rather on the excessively STRONG side.

With all factors involved, I was paying about 7.5 the last couple months I lived in Iowa - and MOST of that was bloody "extra fees" not the actual base rate from Alliant.
 Your .10 for your LOW end on residential is actually a bit on the high side - the AVERAGE for the US last time I checked was 12.something

The 3 counties mentioned above, the base rate + meter fee is usually the ENTIRE rate (they did have a "drought" surcharge a couple years back, but that was fractional penny and STILL left them with the lowest rates in the country) for residential service.

If you're factoring in "service size", you are no longer dealing with residential rates - and as a GENERAL rule, large business and industrial rates are LOWER than residential, abet often with more up-front cost if you end up in a facility that doesn't already HAVE the work done or build a facility from scratch.
 For example, Grant is ballpark 2.4c/KWH all up rate for a 24/7 type mining setup that draws in the 200-500KW range and a hair LESS for larger (which to my knowlage are THE lowest rates anywhere in the USA by a very thin hair over Douglas and Chelan).

Finding hosting in the under 8c/KWH range ALL UP isn't hard, in fact your facility is the ONLY one I've ever seen advertising on Bitcointalk that was HIGHER than 8c/KWH.

Showing averages by state is bloody near worthless - even WITHIN a state, and often from one county to the next, the rate can vary a LOT. Sometimes WITHIN a county it can vary a lot depending on how the breakdown of what areas are served by what utility company works out. Yes, that chart you posted IS in fact a straw man argument.

Even breaking down by avaerage for a utility company doesn't mean a lot, as many such companies cross state lines (Alliant, for example, serves NON-CONTIGUOUS pieces of Iowa. Illinois, and Minnesota as I recall).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
nerdralph

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:50:29 PM

Unfortunately that information is totally incorrect.  .05 US kWh for residential is virtually unheard of.rison from a home user to a professional environment.

Chelan, Grant, and Douglas counties in Washington State are ALL well under 5c/KWH for residential - 2 of the 3 are more like *3* cents/kwh, Grant is 4.1
 As I recall Douglas is a HAIR lower than Chelan right now for residential, but they are very very close and seem to trade off on that every so often.

Holy shit, Douglas is only 2.33c/kWh for residential service!
http://www.douglaspud.org/Documents/Current%20Rates.pdf

That's even cheaper than Labrador(CAD3.28c = USD2.5c), and you don't even have to move to BFN.
http://nalcorenergy.com/uploads/file/Rates%20Info%20Sheet.pdf

Maybe it's time for me to look at real estate in Douglas Co.  Or maybe I should wait to make sure you merkans don't vote in crazy D...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: