Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think I should rely on altcoin GPU mining?  (Read 1689 times)
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:46:32 PM

I'm thinking of spending all my current saved money on nVidia GTX 1070's (get 10-20 of the pieces) and start some good GPU mining.

Do you guys think that it's still temporary?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:50:23 PM

it was not temporary, 6 months ago, i doubt it can fall now, there is a well built infrastructure now, big investments all over the place, it will not collapse any time soon

when bitcoin will reocover from the last hack and okcoin shit, things will be very interesting, this is just another dead time...
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:55:01 PM

it was not temporary, 6 months ago, i doubt it can fall now, there is a well built infrastructure now, big investments all over the place, it will not collapse any time soon

when bitcoin will reocover from the last hack and okcoin shit, things will be very interesting, this is just another dead time...

May I ask that what exactly you mean by "any time soon"? A month, year or what?

According to whattomine.com, currently if I buy 10 of those GPU's, I'll be making $20 profit every day right now.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:02:17 PM

According to whattomine.com, currently if I buy 10 of those GPU's, I'll be making $20 profit every day right now.

no one know but if bitcoin increase everything else will follow and everything will be very profitable again, with a big margin

should be more than $20, anyway lately all the profit went down a bit, but it happen all the time, the profit is never stable here...
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:14:21 PM

no one know but if bitcoin increase everything else will follow and everything will be very profitable again, with a big margin

should be more than $20, anyway lately all the profit went down a bit, but it happen all the time, the profit is never stable here...

Well I'm pretty much aware of the ups and downs in crypto-currencies, as I'm involved in altcoin trading as well and currently mining ETC with my single R9 390. Though IMO along with a few hopes, the value of bitcoin is gonna increase.
klondike_bar_recovery

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:24:01 PM

i think its worth it, but IMO start by building a single rig with 5-6 cards so you can figure out what hardware works best, get the OS/driver setup properly, etc.

then its fairly easy to copy your HDD 1:1 onto the next machine you build and it should be faster and cleaner to assemble.

I see gpu mining as an investment. Theres a good chance that the GTX 1070 cards can mine thier cost within ~6 months, and would still have 50-70% resale value. The 1070 is nice because there are at least 2-3 algorithms that it can make more mining than with ethereum, and it works better on a wider variety of algorithms than what the rx480 can do
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:03:49 PM

the good thing about mining is the resale value, which is very high for a brand new gpu, so in the remote case that everything went wrong, you can reselle asily your gpu
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:47:02 PM

the good thing about mining is the resale value, which is very high for a brand new gpu, so in the remote case that everything went wrong, you can reselle asily your gpu

You seem to be very active in altcoin mining, may I ask a few questions from you? How much and which GPU's have you currently been running on your CPU? Do you think any new/old GPU is better than the one which you are currently running? Do you use SLi bridge? Which CPU do you own? How much hashrate are you getting overall and at what power? How much and which coin are you generating these days? Which PSU are you using?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:54:14 PM

You seem to be very active in altcoin mining, may I ask a few questions from you? How much and which GPU's have you currently been running on your CPU? Do you think any new/old GPU is better than the one which you are currently running? Do you use SLi bridge? Which CPU do you own? How much hashrate are you getting overall and at what power? How much and which coin are you generating these days? Which PSU are you using?

i have just one rig full of 1070, i can not expand farther right now, the cost of electricity here in 2018 will be reduced greatly so i'm waiting for that to have my little farm

no i don't think old gpu are better, 1070 currently is the best thing for mining not just ethereum and on etheruem has also the best hash/watt ratio

sli is useless in mining, for the cpu the 1840 is the one that everyone use, with six 1070 on lbry you can make 1800MH for just around 1000w
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:24:23 PM

i have just one rig full of 1070, i can not expand farther right now, the cost of electricity here in 2018 will be reduced greatly so i'm waiting for that to have my little farm

no i don't think old gpu are better, 1070 currently is the best thing for mining not just ethereum and on etheruem has also the best hash/watt ratio

sli is useless in mining, for the cpu the 1840 is the one that everyone use, with six 1070 on lbry you can make 1800MH for just around 1000w

Still a few questions in my mind... Tongue

How many 1070 in your one full rig? Which editions of 1070 do you own? Which PSU do you use? Which CPU do you use along with which configuration?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:44:39 PM

Still a few questions in my mind... Tongue

How many 1070 in your one full rig? Which editions of 1070 do you own? Which PSU do you use? Which CPU do you use along with which configuration?

full of 1070 mean six usually, i have six gpu in that rig, g1 gaming, rm1000i, cpu is the g1840 like i said above
_javi_

Activity: 968
Merit: 624

Still a manic miner

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:07:41 PM

6x 1070 on a 1000w psu Amph??? Shocked

i put 5x on a 1000w EVGA G2   Cheesy like a boss
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:39:55 PM

6x 1070 on a 1000w psu Amph??? Shocked

i put 5x on a 1000w EVGA G2   Cheesy like a boss

i limited them a bit yes, 150w each no more, i do 80% tdp +125 on core but depend on the algo
klondike_bar_recovery

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:49:47 PM

+1 on the 1840. it does the job fine.

how are you getting 300MH/GTX1070 though?   Im getting 280MH on one card (at 66C and 111% power limit) and 265MH on the other (at 72C and 104% power limit).  they are Strix cards
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:34:41 AM

+1 on the 1840. it does the job fine.

how are you getting 300MH/GTX1070 though?   Im getting 280MH on one card (at 66C and 111% power limit) and 265MH on the other (at 72C and 104% power limit).  they are Strix cards

ah not me, was another user getting nearly 300(293) so i reported that, also it consume much more at that rate, i prefer 260MH with 145w than 280+ at 180w+
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:40:37 PM

300 you can't, even 290 it's too much. reasonable with a farm, 260MH/1070 on lbry

a 6x platform can achieve these results:

Hi all

I wrote this article, for now in Italian, where you can check some very interesting values for these VGA's

GTX 970 Zotac Reference, with a custom heatsink from Arctic, Hybrid III 140mm (photos and details in the second article)
GTX 1070 PNY Founders Edition
GTX 1070 Inno3D TwinX2
GTX 1070 Inno3D Ichill X4
GTX 1070 Zotac AMP Extreme
GTX 1070 MSI AERO
GTX 1080 Inno3D TwinX2

I've added these data, in the charts:
http://www.xtremehardware.com/recensioni/schede-video/roundup-gtx-1070-e-gtx-1080-analisi-e-confronto-dei-piu-recenti-modelli-custom-nvidia-pascal-parte-1-2016080211648/?start=16

In the tabs, from left to right, you'll be able to find a lot of interesting datas, like power consumption, reference/overclock/underclock, hashing speed, temperatures, frequency settings and RAM usage with the single ALGO.

http://www.xtremehardware.com/recensioni/schede-video/roundup-gtx-1070-e-gtx-1080-analisi-e-confronto-dei-piu-recenti-modelli-custom-nvidia-pascal-parte-1-2016080211648/?start=16

There you will find the power consumption and the speed on lbry, with the 1.7.8 miner. With 1.8.1, the current one, you can expect 4% more (so multiply that value for 1.04). Keep in mind that the frequency on pascal VGA's is also dependent from the temperature, so the better the dissipation and ambient temperature, the more the hashrate (with a fixed frequency, voltage, intensity and miner version).

the 1070 is capable of working at 202MH with 81W on lbry, and 69W if the driver, due a bug, forces the VGA to cut-off the boost, forcing the default frequency with, surprisingly, the same performance. Interestingly the 1080 with the same power consumption have got a similar performance ! You can find these results in the second tab.
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:13:11 PM

Guys, I've 5000 AED budget for the graphics cards, which of these should I get and how much?

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-black-edition--8gb-gddr5--dvi--hdmi--3x-displayport---rx-480p8dba6/

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-oc--8gb-gddr5--dvi--hdmi--3x-displayport---rx-480p8dfa6/

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/xfx-radeon-black-edition-rx-480-8gb-ddr5-series-graphics-card---rx-480m8bba6/

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/xfx-radeon-core-editionrx-480-8gb-ddr5-3xdp-hdm-graphics-cards---rx480m8bfa6/

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/radeon-rx-470-rs-4gb-d5-1256m-black-led-hs-bp--3xdp-hdmi-dvi----rx-470p4lda6/

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/xfx-radeon-rx-460-4-gb-double-dissipation---rx-460p4dfg5/

Looking out for 4 GPU's right now from above (can buy 6 if someone advises to buy RX 460 ones). I'm heck of confused with the black editions and over-clocked editions. I'll be using Windows 10 64-bit by the way along with Corsair CX750M Bronze. For two of the graphics cards plugged into the same system, PCI-E x1 to x16 risers will be used.

Any suggestion would definitely by appreciated, as I'm pretty confused right now!
Mzie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 03:01:16 PM

If i were u , i would go for AMD cards not Nvidia.
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:21:32 PM

If i were u , i would go for AMD cards not Nvidia.

Read my last reply here in the thread, I'm looking for RX 480's/others... If you've any experience with any of the graphics cards shown in the above URL's, please lemme know.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 10:38:34 PM

I'm thinking of spending all my current saved money on nVidia GTX 1070's (get 10-20 of the pieces) and start some good GPU mining.

Do you guys think that it's still temporary?

I don't think it's ever a good idea to put all your money into anyone thing.

How profitable can GPU mining be ? If I buy best bang for my buck best $$$ per hashrate is it worth it ?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print