Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:10:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS] - P2Pool.org - P2Pool Litecoin Mining Pool  (Read 8244 times)
Ltcfaucet (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 07:10:14 AM

Hello.

Come mine for LTC at www.p2pool.org

2% fee, %1 to the pool, and 1% to Forrestv, the creator of P2Pool.

Currently P2Pool.org has almost 5Mhs in total mining power from miners.

There is NO SIGN UP and NO REGISTRATION.

No email address required.

Just use your Litecoin address as the username and any password.

All shares will be paid out to the address you provide.

Check it out: http://www.p2pool.org

Please leave your comments, suggestions, etc here or via PM!

Thanks for looking!

FatMagic

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:51:15 PM

Has anyone tried mining here? I may begin mining here with all the DDOSing happening to the the popular LTC pools.

Can you also please post the setup/installation instructions. I know it's different from standard pools because it's P2P and requires a bit more setup.

Thank you!

gnarcoinguy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:18:25 PM

yeah how does this work?  anyone else use it?  I'm connecting now wondering when i'll see the 'instant payout' it speaks of...
Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:18:52 PM

Has anyone tried mining here? I may begin mining here with all the DDOSing happening to the the popular LTC pools.

Can you also please post the setup/installation instructions. I know it's different from standard pools because it's P2P and requires a bit more setup.

Thank you!

It actually requires a bit less setup.

Very simple actually.

Just point your miners to the address: http://p2pool.org

Use your Litecoin address as the username and any password will do.

Try to use the Litecoin address from a client and not from an exchange.

Any shares you earn will be paid directly to your address that you use as the username.

If you need help let me know.

Thanks for looking!
Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:24:53 PM

yeah how does this work?  anyone else use it?  I'm connecting now wondering when i'll see the 'instant payout' it speaks of...

I should probably change the wording on that.

Here is a little more information the payout system.

http://p2pool.me/payment-system/

By instant, I mean't to say automated, like you don't have to do anything like cash out or meet a balance.

Sorry for the confusion I will change that now.

gnarcoinguy

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:25:36 PM

Thank you!

Very simple actually.

Any shares you earn will be paid directly to your address that you use as the username.

Thanks for looking!

How do we see share stats?  How do we know you're not just stealing mining power? Any 'share' we earn is paid would indicate many low value payments.  I'm not seeing that, so please clarify.
Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:29:40 PM

Thank you!

Very simple actually.

Thanks for looking!

How do we see share stats?  How do we know you're not just stealing mining power? Any 'share' we earn is paid would indicate many low value payments.  I'm not seeing that, so please clarify.

P2Pool.org is not a PPS system.

It is PPLNS.

I do NOT get a whole blocked paid to me then I disperse to my miners.

The P2Pool network itself acts as the main receiver of an entire block and disperses the funds based on the last number of shares submitted per round per address.
gnarcoinguy

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:38:15 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll give it a whirl  Smiley
Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:05:08 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll give it a whirl  Smiley

No problem.

Enjoy.
FatMagic

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:37:17 PM

Very simple actually.

Thanks for looking!

I know I might sound stupid for asking - but it's just not fully clear. Does it require doing the proxy thing that they have to do with p2p pool on BTC? Or can I literally take my miners from notroll.in pool, as is, no changes -and point to P2Pool.org? Wouldn't that just be another standard pool?

Sorry for being ignorant - so much to take in and learn with the crypto coin stuff (which I thoroughly enjoy learning about).

Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:06:16 PM

Don't feel sorry at all.

You don't need a proxy.

All you have to change in your config or settings is the URL to p2pool.org and change your username to your Litecoin client adddress.

If you are unsure of anything else let me know.

rob1313

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:12:36 AM

When are the auto payouts?

tip if i help you. doge: D7zzbMR9mxmtDQWWNfrRGY5fFNUnrwexSQ or BTC: 1Fot8CrsuxcZUw6qYX3sVpNo5MDtaf7ZS2
leave rep here for any transaction. 
BTC mining contracts for only 0.0058 BTC / GHs
serraz

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:13:51 AM

When are the auto payouts?

It work the same as PPLNS does. You will get paid once the p2pool network finds a block
Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:50:11 AM

Currently up to 8Mhs!

Keep on mining guys!

I love seeing people using the pool!

This Friday I will be sending a bonus to all miners on the pool.

To show my appreciation to all that use my service.

Best Wishes
FatMagic

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:27:09 PM

Question for you LTCFaucet

According to your site the expected LTC after 24 hours is almost 4 LTC. What is the based on? An average hash rate? I make about 8 LTC / day on notroll.in - which is double this value. I'm guessing that i don't understand what the stat actually means... can you help me understand better? Thanks!

Deslock Darkstar

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 06:27:38 PM

LTCFaucet, a question regarding the automated payouts... I was logged in mining yesterday from about 2pm until around 11am this morning. During that time, I had 9 accepted shares (yes, I'm guessing that sounds low to most people... I'm currently using a 9 year old computer, so an old processor. Also, I would imagine I don't have the most efficient settings plugged into the miner and client).

About 5 of those shares were accepted between 2pm and 10pm last night. However, no payout has occurred yet. Is there a minimum threshold to reach before the auto payout kicks in? I also thought I read somewhere that shares go "stale" or something if they are not credited within 24 hours (might have totally misread that part.... trying to take in a lot of information on Litecoin in a short amount of time).

Any details on the auto payout, and suggestions regarding the slow mining (other than the ancient computer), are greatly appreciated!

http://christopherleedavis.com · https://www.facebook.com/IllicitUnderground
BTC: 1MeAZefdSQNX3soHUx4iSjAtERvvrxGCVj - LTC: LLpEVtvTZ3g9nqM7CK7EdT6ydAL6RhkRy3
Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:51:20 PM

LTCFaucet, a question regarding the automated payouts... I was logged in mining yesterday from about 2pm until around 11am this morning. During that time, I had 9 accepted shares (yes, I'm guessing that sounds low to most people... I'm currently using a 9 year old computer, so an old processor. Also, I would imagine I don't have the most efficient settings plugged into the miner and client).

About 5 of those shares were accepted between 2pm and 10pm last night. However, no payout has occurred yet. Is there a minimum threshold to reach before the auto payout kicks in? I also thought I read somewhere that shares go "stale" or something if they are not credited within 24 hours (might have totally misread that part.... trying to take in a lot of information on Litecoin in a short amount of time).

Any details on the auto payout, and suggestions regarding the slow mining (other than the ancient computer), are greatly appreciated!

Payouts will be made once a block is solved.

That's one thing about P2Pool nodes you have to be patient.

Looks like you need some mining equipment  Grin

Have a good one.
FatMagic

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:08:02 PM

Trying this pool out to see how the payouts are compared to notroll.in ! I'm making 8 LTC / day on notroll so I'm curious.
Share difficulty seems low, I'm cranking through the shares very quickly.

Ltcfaucet (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:13:17 PM

Trying this pool out to see how the payouts are compared to notroll.in ! I'm making 8 LTC / day on notroll so I'm curious.
Share difficulty seems low, I'm cranking through the shares very quickly.

Glad to have you aboard.

Be patient with payouts as it takes a full block before they are sent out.

Happy mining!
FatMagic

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

LTCFaucet - question for you:

I'm looking on your site, and I can see the graphs, and find my workers, with the average LTC and all that.... but I still can't figure out if the graph means average LTC per min/hour/day. Can you make it a bit more clear? Is that how much LTC I would earn per hour?

These are not my workers below, just some random graph I pulled from your site. Help me understand it better Wink

I would be happy to mine more with your P2Pool (I like the P2P part of it), but I want to know what my returns will be. It's easy to figure out my returns for other pools with up front stats, and trackable stats over time... I want to do the same for your pool.

Thank you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: