Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S9 with SD Card Slot,, but NO SD Drive  (Read 825 times)
wmabern (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:20:42 AM

Anyone else try to use the SD Card on their S9 only to discover it's just an empty hole?

There is no drive located behind the slot. The Micro SD just falls through.

What a pathetic way to cut corners.

Am I the ONLY one, or has anyone else even checked?
I would be interested in knowing.
Thanks.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2544

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:45:25 AM

Actually, never checked. Ja there is a slot there. Aside from the few cents a SD socket would cost only other reason to not actually have a socket would be possible alignment issues between the BB and case.

But still...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:13:25 AM

The miner that isn't working is a 12.93 batch. It doesn't have the SD drive behind the slot. I just looked with a flashlight.

There appears to be no SD drive on another 12.93 and no drive on an 11.85.

Only one of the S9's 12.93 has a drive behind the slot.

It is either so far out of alignment that it can't be seen or it just isn't there.

I would be interested if others would take a look at their miners and see what's there.

Thanks!!

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:58:24 PM

And the plot thickens... ref about my s9 batch 11's https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1493601.msg15977044#msg15977044

Looks like Bitmain is locking down the hardware perhaps?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:17:36 AM

Yeah, must be getting rid of anything they can and consolidating parts. Hopefully that also means less things that can go wrong.

The S9 that isn't working has a bad BB Black board. I switched another BB from a working S9 (one that does have an SD drive, BTW) and put it on the green controller card and the miner works.

So I'm in contact with someone named "Barbara" from Bitmain and making arrangements to send the BB Black board and a non-working hash board from the same S9 back to Bitmain.

I hope it is still covered by warranty and they will replace. She said to assume that it was. Hope she's right!! Smiley

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:25:24 AM

Yeah, must be getting rid of anything they can and consolidating parts. Hopefully that also means less things that can go wrong.

The S9 that isn't working has a bad BB Black board. I switched another BB from a working S9 (one that does have an SD drive, BTW) and put it on the green controller card and the miner works.

So I'm in contact with someone named "Barbara" from Bitmain and making arrangements to send the BB Black board and a non-working hash board from the same S9 back to Bitmain.

I hope it is still covered by warranty and they will replace. She said to assume that it was. Hope she's right!! Smiley
Just be sure to follow the rather lengthy parts about where to ship the RMA's parts to and the assload of Special Instructions to be noted on the shipping label... Things like no-weekend deliveries, specific brokerage/customs warehouse number, etc. Go to Bitmains site and under Support look for the returns/RMA instructions.

wmabern (OP)

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:27:41 AM

Just be sure to follow the rather lengthy parts about where to ship the RMA's parts to and the assload of Special Instructions to be noted on the shipping label... Things like no-weekend deliveries, specific warehouse, etc.

Yes, I printed everything out to take to UPS with me and make sure all of that is noted on the package. Thanks! Wish me luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: