Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaupload + Bitcoins  (Read 13985 times)
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:25:24 PM

So he tweeted this 4 hours ago:
"Stay tuned for some big news about Megaupload 2.0 and Bitcache in about 90 minutes."
And then 2 hours ago this:
"Sorry but there has been an expected hiccup. Will tell you all about it later today. Let this play out and give me some time to update you 😎"
and this:
"Nothing to worry about. Just more of the same. It's actually entertaining. Hold the line please 😜"

So, yes i am very anxious to see what will happen next.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 03:52:02 PM

Wasnt that spactacular till now  Smiley
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:21:27 PM

Well, in 2016, I read the news that megaupload predict the price will reach $ 2,000 bitcoin indicator at the beginning of 2017. Well, I believe that until the beginning of the year. see the current price, it may be very difficult for bitcoin to rise to $ 2,000. if it is really going to happen, may require halving, and purchase bitcoin massively this year.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:34:02 PM

Wasnt that spactacular till now  Smiley

His attorney may have advised him that it's bad to become an international criminal while you're on trial for being an international criminal. LOL

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 07:38:28 PM

Seems like we'll have to wait another day or two before he makes another announcement.
Here's an article from Torrentfreak about the subject:

https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-2-0-news-delayed-by-expected-roadblock-170120

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:53:48 PM

Seems like we'll have to wait another day or two before he makes another announcement.

https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-2-0-news-delayed-by-expected-roadblock-170120

His problem is that he is too loud about his project. It's basically the same as what happened with the Winklevoss brothers. They were very loud at the start as well, and look where they stand right now with their exchange. Basically the same goes up for their ETF that people have been waiting for so long. Kim is trying to create a hype around his project, but it's having no effect so far.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:09:59 PM

His problem is that he is too loud about his project. It's basically the same as what happened with the Winklevoss brothers. They were very loud at the start as well, and look where they stand right now with their exchange. Basically the same goes up for their ETF that people have been waiting for so long. Kim is trying to create a hype around his project, but it's having no effect so far.

its better to try and create hype than sit on your hands and be afraid to fail
I'm only for Kim to be successful,there is nothing to lose for a general bitcoin user,just possible gains
so why not?
and his "roadblock" and the ensued wait could be simply some marketing plot to thicken suspense

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
BOSA.io

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:26:50 PM

"Megaupload 2.0 Will Link File Transfers to Bitcoin Transactions"

Would this really come out like how he want's it to? So.. I think pretty much files would need btc payments i think.

Additional info: https://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-2-0-will-link-file-transfers-bitcoin-transactions-160805/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpZ3-d9UAAECc8k.jpg

I have been waiting for Kim to finally do something BTC related..
vindicare

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:20:06 PM

I think that any service that will advertise bitcoin should be supported. MegaUpload may have made a bad reputation in the past. I think Kim will get away with this negative reputation. The more bitcoin use increases, the higher the value will increase.
they are not in a bad reputation for people who are using MU for long , those oligarchs who control government want to squeeze some money to ordinary people who cant afford to pay for entertainment .

hope megaupload will sync to bitcoin now when they launch and be more anonymous so that pirates will be happy  Cool
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16618

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 07:43:28 PM

Interesting, looking forward to seeing what it's all about.
I hope this will also have a positive effect on the price, not that we really need it... Smiley
What happened to the "embargoed early Media access"? If any media had access, wouldn't they publish whatever the hype was all about now that Kim Dotcom decided to delay?
I expected it to by not much more than a hype, but this is just disappointing.

Senor.Bla

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:03:58 PM

Interesting, looking forward to seeing what it's all about.
I hope this will also have a positive effect on the price, not that we really need it... Smiley
What happened to the "embargoed early Media access"? If any media had access, wouldn't they publish whatever the hype was all about now that Kim Dotcom decided to delay?
I expected it to by not much more than a hype, but this is just disappointing.
Normally i would say that things can happen and issues are to be expected with big projects and i would wait patiently. But he hyped it so much and now has nothing to show us. If you have a big mouth and do not deliver, then expect laughter.

sartorpc

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:23:12 PM

Someone people have doubts about his solutions at the moment (I have some doubts myself as well) but I trust the guy so let's just wait and see.
What solutions are you talking about ? He is not solving shit.From what I know,he will solve bitcoin scaling problem by inventing a system called Bitcache.Yes,the file uploads will be charged with micro payments which according to him enforce the use of bitcoins and thereby sky rocket the bitcoin prices.Apparently,they would go up 2k+ after the launch of Bitcache.

Only thing I'm afraid of here is Bitcoin gaining a bad reputation from this whole deal , If Megaupload 2.0 will be successfull like Megaupload 1.0 used to be and then goes down... then a lot of people will point to Bitcoin (mostly the Media)
He is supporting the operation by solving the scalability issues as he puts it!Don't think its bad for bitcoin in any possible way that I'm aware of.You can have a look his tweet,its quite hypothical.

I am really hyped after reading that tweet, I hope it becomes real.
Senor.Bla

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:30:57 PM

Someone people have doubts about his solutions at the moment (I have some doubts myself as well) but I trust the guy so let's just wait and see.
What solutions are you talking about ? He is not solving shit.From what I know,he will solve bitcoin scaling problem by inventing a system called Bitcache.Yes,the file uploads will be charged with micro payments which according to him enforce the use of bitcoins and thereby sky rocket the bitcoin prices.Apparently,they would go up 2k+ after the launch of Bitcache.

Only thing I'm afraid of here is Bitcoin gaining a bad reputation from this whole deal , If Megaupload 2.0 will be successfull like Megaupload 1.0 used to be and then goes down... then a lot of people will point to Bitcoin (mostly the Media)
He is supporting the operation by solving the scalability issues as he puts it!Don't think its bad for bitcoin in any possible way that I'm aware of.You can have a look his tweet,its quite hypothical.

I am really hyped after reading that tweet, I hope it becomes real.
Are you for real or a re you just kidding? Because right now we are laughing at Kim as he is not able to deliver. It is not live because of some "issues" (i wonder if it will be launched at all) and even if it would be, 100 million wallets do not grow overnight.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:32:55 PM

its better to try and create hype than sit on your hands and be afraid to fail
I'm only for Kim to be successful,there is nothing to lose for a general bitcoin user,just possible gains
so why not?
and his "roadblock" and the ensued wait could be simply some marketing plot to thicken suspense

Nothing wrong with creating a hype around your project, but when you're working on something that you plan to get marketed properly, then it's utterly important to deliver afterwards. If you promise something that you can't guarantee, then the obvious thing is that you wait till you can guarantee it. That's why I also pointed at the Winklevoss example as it's basically the same situation. But you have a point as well ~ there is indeed nothing to lose for us.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:40:23 PM

Maybe he was just trolling. House arrest must get really boring.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:09:24 PM

I was looking at his tweeter and now he's talking about how he is engaged with this girl that looks like a model, im definitely jealous of this guy. He also said he will update us on the bitcache situation in tuesday... let's see if he keeps delaying it or gives us something worth anyones time.
chmod777

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:29:19 PM

Dotcom is trying a new job again. I hope it does not get you in trouble again Smiley
kumax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

🚀 🌏

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:31:59 PM

I wonder if a bitcoin price increase from the last days could be caused by expectations about this project.
It has increased around +100 USD within last 7 days..
Coincidence, or do you think it could be somehow connected and the hype really did its job? Smiley
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:05:56 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 05:28:50 AM by Clement Kaliyar

Really funny to see his tweet saying that the price of bitcoin would touch $2000 in 2017, the possibility of reaching that price are a reality but that does not mean that it is because of Kim's service and megauploads launch.Let him come up with the product as he is hyping things up for a really long time. Let me see the product and then i will make a comment regarding this.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:22:31 PM

I guess we had to see this coming and by "later this year" , I'm sure he means Q4 and nothing before that. I'm however having my doubts about the reason before the late progress. His tweet

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████