Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:26:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaupload + Bitcoins  (Read 13985 times)
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:03:23 PM

Do you guys think its a good investement? I dont really trust this.

well, it is kim dotcom... seems reasonable.
i'll put some money and definitely will use when launched.
i would too but he hasnt really explained how the system is going to work. all he said is that each upload is going to be linked to a transaction id.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:11:05 PM

i would too but he hasnt really explained how the system is going to work. all he said is that each upload is going to be linked to a transaction id.
So far the only thing he seems to be focusing on is to make people believe his project will cause the price of Bitcoin to go up to yet unseen levels.

That's something he shouldn't be doing, really. If his project doesn't live up to what he is vocally making of it, then it will be as (not) successful as the much anticipated for Gemini exchange from the Winklevoss twins.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:20:47 PM

that is a really great idea in my opinion, besides that it would make bitcoins way more popular among people

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:02:10 PM

Hasn't kimdotcom been talking about this for months now? it really doesnt look like its coming anytime soon and it just sounds like hes over hyping it way too much.
As i had read he said the project will be ready at 2017 at the begining, besides that i dont believe he wanna put it live before, and i do believe he his really bringing something new that might affect bitcoin value a bit, atleast his last project had huge community.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:40:02 PM

that is a really great idea in my opinion, besides that it would make bitcoins way more popular among people
well if this project really launched it will create, pro and cons, the good things is bitcoin is going to be more popular, when its launch more people will wonder what is bitcoin and there will be more people using bitcoin as transaction, the cons is the one we are going to download is the illegal content which in some case has the copyright

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
dharkmadder

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:57:14 AM

Megaupload being a site offering something that goes against the laws of some countries would be a perfect mix with something as anonymous and secure as bitcoin, I think they would be a good mix in both aspects, these being buying subscriptions and at the same time having links attached to a BTC transaction therefore keeping it for long term.

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:06:24 PM

So according to the article users who share their stuff on Megaupload 2.0 starting next January will get a revenue stream in Bitcoins right? Does anyone know how this will work? Like do you get more Bitcoins if more users download your stuff? Anyways I will just wait and see how this thing pans out. I doubt it will overtake the torrent network in popularity but who knows I may be very wrong  Grin
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:13:04 PM

Megaupload being a site offering something that goes against the laws of some countries would be a perfect mix with something as anonymous and secure as bitcoin, I think they would be a good mix in both aspects, these being buying subscriptions and at the same time having links attached to a BTC transaction therefore keeping it for long term.
Good assessment mate i think that explanation would open some mind here making this opportunity for both system will be a perfect combo megaupload risng again plus bitcoin having more adoption all over the web. Looking for the success here.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:06:27 PM

Good assessment mate i think that explanation would open some mind here making this opportunity for both system will be a perfect combo megaupload risng again plus bitcoin having more adoption all over the web. Looking for the success here.

still i have some bad felling about this
it is good concept but dont think it will be that easy
it might be much more after launch that if will come to good/perfect condition so i think it will be lot latter
maybe it will be testing phase at start and after some time it will be like it should for uploading and sharing some small amount will get users for it

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:34:17 AM

So according to the article users who share their stuff on Megaupload 2.0 starting next January will get a revenue stream in Bitcoins right? Does anyone know how this will work? Like do you get more Bitcoins if more users download your stuff? Anyways I will just wait and see how this thing pans out. I doubt it will overtake the torrent network in popularity but who knows I may be very wrong  Grin
The problem with torrent network is lonegevity of files. Old, unpopular, non-mainstream files are very hard to download, because no one is hosting them.
With file hosting services it could be different, will it be more popular than torrents? I doubt it. Will it be used solely because it is linked to bitcoin? Probably not.
It needs to offer something better than our current hosting services and until Bitcache will be publicly released, details will be unknown.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:48:01 AM

If it is MU2 and Bitcache are just as powerful as Kim described, bitcoin price will not stop at $2000. It can easily hit $10,000 to 20,000. At that point people will be using "mBTC" or "bits" in their transaction.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:49:50 AM

there have been some new information on this new megaupload by kimdotkom and it seems even mroe interesting and i think this is going to make bitcoin a lot more popular than it is right now when it is released.

There is a FOMO brewing...
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16615

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 08:00:55 AM

The problem with torrent network is lonegevity of files. Old, unpopular, non-mainstream files are very hard to download, because no one is hosting them.
The fact that nobody is hosting old unpopular files shows that nobody cares enough to do so. So it's not really a problem for most people, and thus no reason to move somewhere else.
Old but popular movies are easy to find on torrents. And even if you do upload rare old files, it won't earn you anything because nobody will look for it.

I've only once downloaded a file that took a month. Usually it's done within the hour.

Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 05:50:47 PM

there have been some new information on this new megaupload by kimdotkom and it seems even mroe interesting and i think this is going to make bitcoin a lot more popular than it is right now when it is released.
tell us about the new information please.

If it is MU2 and Bitcache are just as powerful as Kim described, bitcoin price will not stop at $2000. It can easily hit $10,000 to 20,000. At that point people will be using "mBTC" or "bits" in their transaction.
this sounds to me like the typical wishful thinking. at least a reason would be nice. we are around $600, so $20,000 is about 33 times this much. i do not see a reason for this.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:03:27 PM

I have been looking a bit on the internet, and so far there is no information about what the project will exactly do and look like. At least, nothing that we didn't know already, so I'm curious where you have seen this "new" information.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:07:10 PM

it might be much more after launch that if will come to good/perfect condition so i think it will be lot latter
maybe it will be testing phase at start and after some time it will be like it should for uploading and sharing some small amount will get users for it

I have some doubts as well.
When bitcoin is used as the main payment method for something everybody knows to be illegal, that gives me a bad feeling.
I think that the main market for this new megaupload would be Us and Europe. I can imagine that the officials there will put up some efforts to stop the new Dotcom service.
And the best way to stop a business would be to cut its financial base, which would be bitcoin in this matter.
Who knows with what ideas the governments would come up to reach that goal. Might be just bad for dotcom, might be bad for bitcoin as well.

It's me!!!
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:39:28 AM

So according to the article users who share their stuff on Megaupload 2.0 starting next January will get a revenue stream in Bitcoins right? Does anyone know how this will work? Like do you get more Bitcoins if more users download your stuff? Anyways I will just wait and see how this thing pans out. I doubt it will overtake the torrent network in popularity but who knows I may be very wrong  Grin
With file hosting services it could be different, will it be more popular than torrents? I doubt it. Will it be used solely because it is linked to bitcoin? Probably not.
It needs to offer something better than our current hosting services and until Bitcache will be publicly released, details will be unknown.

in torrent cases they are active if there is someone to seed them if that torrents is good then users are plenty to share and build up ratio on some trackers
will it be used only for that i agree with you completely it will have much more for this to be accomplished not just announcement and promises

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:42:53 AM

Can we make money participating on the site?

Really have no idea on this one, is this a site that pays bitcoins for every download of the files we uploaded. I want to know please.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Braeron

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:54:57 AM

I have some doubts as well.
When bitcoin is used as the main payment method for something everybody knows to be illegal, that gives me a bad feeling.
I think that the main market for this new megaupload would be Us and Europe. I can imagine that the officials there will put up some efforts to stop the new Dotcom service.
And the best way to stop a business would be to cut its financial base, which would be bitcoin in this matter.
Who knows with what ideas the governments would come up to reach that goal. Might be just bad for dotcom, might be bad for bitcoin as well.
does megaupload finally introduce the bitcoin i did not know that mega upload was uploaded again what i heared the last time about it was that lot of people are saying that the site was down.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:55:29 AM

I wouldn't bet on that!
Dotcom is as usual overhyping his own project.
I can not see how this should push up Bitcoin to over $2000. Uploaders will get paid in some way, so nothing new here.
And downloaders will have to pay a very small fraction for the wanted data?? Then I doubt people will not use it.They will use some of the other several services out there.
Right this is all just pure wild guessing as no one of us knows how his concept should work out.
But for now I'm pessimistic as I know how pushed Dotcom lots of his businesses in the past which often ended with a failure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: