Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:00:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! Antminer s7 problem  (Read 2437 times)
apederzoli (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:41:03 PM

Hi,
hope someone can help me.
Yesterday one of my S7 suddenly stopped hashing and started beeping.
When I restarted it one of the has boards instead of showing oooooo just showed ---------, what the miner would do is that it started hashing for a couple of minutes and then stopped.
They miners are in a controlled environment with several other miners with constante temperature of 55 C.
Also tried with all 3 hashing boards connected change the frequency to 250 and same thing happened.
I tried to test connecting just one board to see which one was not working, with just one board connected it starts hashing normally for a few seconds, then the miner restarts as usual and when it comes back up the temp on the hash board is 95 so it stops hashing.
I tried with the second board, only that board connected and same thing happened.
Tried with different terminales and cables on the PSU.
Haven't tried with the last board since I don't want to damage them.
Could it be the PSU? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:31:07 PM

And you verified that both fans are spinning proper speed?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
apederzoli (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:48:47 PM

And you verified that both fans are spinning proper speed?

Yes, they are
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:41:18 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 05:54:08 AM by BitmainWarranty

One thing could be the fan power connectors could be in the long plug positions.

Make sure the front Fan is in FAN1 and the rear fan is in FAN3 position

PICTURE HERE

If the fan connectors are in the correct position, please make sure the both fan(front & back) are functioning.  Sometimes if one fan works, the other fan may spin due to the air pressure but may not be functioning. 

If the fans are working correct, then your hash PCB needs repair.  If it hash at the initial power on, you may want to get it fix while it is still fixable.

If you are in USA you can ship it to Colorado, or you can send it to Hong Kong for repair.

Hi,
When I restarted it one of the has boards instead of showing oooooo just showed ---------, what the miner would do is that it started hashing for a couple of minutes and then stopped.
They miners are in a controlled environment with several other miners with constante temperature of 55 C.
Also tried with all 3 hashing boards connected change the frequency to 250 and same thing happened.
I tried to test connecting just one board to see which one was not working, with just one board connected it starts hashing normally for a few seconds, then the miner restarts as usual and when it comes back up the temp on the hash board is 95 so it stops hashing.
I tried with the second board, only that board connected and same thing happened.
Thanks

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
anakinisme

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 04:32:00 PM

Hi,
Thanks

If i'm not mistaken, one of your fan is not working. Get a new fan if it's not working. Should be fine once change.
apederzoli (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:23:35 AM

Thanks all for your replies.
So I haven't been able to figure out exactly what the problem is.
I ordered 2 new fans that should be getting tomorrow just to rule out a fan problem.
will update if that makes it work.
apederzoli (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:10:36 AM

Ok, so the new fans arrived today.
I installed them and miner is working properly.
The only problem now is that it is not detecting one of the hashing boards.
any ideas?
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:16:22 AM

any ideas?

Turn it off and then make sure all of your cables are connected correctly and securely.  Then power it on and see what it does.  If, during your previous testing, you powered a hashboard without powering the controller you may have damaged it, it is also possible it was damaged by heat since it appears that you have established that you had a fan problem.
anakinisme

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:41:57 AM

any ideas?

1 of your board might be dead due to you didn't realize your fan is dead. Send it to repair.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 11:41:05 AM

any ideas?

1 of your board might be dead due to you didn't realize your fan is dead. Send it to repair.

It's not worth the repair and 2 x postage costs.
anakinisme

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 12:30:09 PM

any ideas?

It's not worth the repair and 2 x postage costs.

Repair service available for Antminer s7 and s9 board! At affordable rate!
PM me for more details!
dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:34:17 PM

Looks like I am having the same problem with my antminer s7 . One of the fans is not working. Anyone have a link for a good replacement fan?
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

Www.eyeboot.com sell replacement fans. I've just bought two from them for my S9 (to try and get the noise down with matched fans rather than two different ones it came with) and they work great. Not bad on price either. They come from china but delivery was only a few days after an initial communication error.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:46:53 PM

Www.eyeboot.com sell replacement fans. I've just bought two from them for my S9 (to try and get the noise down with matched fans rather than two different ones it came with) and they work great. Not bad on price either. They come from china but delivery was only a few days after an initial communication error.

I thought you were not suppose to do this. From what I have read, the input fan needs to be slower than the output fan due to back pressure.

If sound is more important than cooling then having equal fans could reduce noise.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:55:30 PM

I thought you were not suppose to do this. From what I have read, the input fan needs to be slower than the output fan due to back pressure.

If sound is more important than cooling then having equal fans could reduce noise.

Well ive not noticed any problems so far. Ambient temp is 20c, PCB 49-51c, CHIP 80-81c. Been running like this for 3 days now without any issues.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:03:16 PM

hey, where did you find that input fan is slower?
all i see on the specs for B22 and B23 is that front fan is 6000rpm and back one is 4300rpm
thanks
Jackhalo3

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:01:03 AM

Hi,
Thanks

I would try upgrading to the latest firmware version. If that doesn't fix it, then consider sending it to Bitmain or Bitmain Warranty if you are in the U.S.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: