Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:46:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best way to buy bitcoins with credit card?  (Read 7549 times)
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:41:16 AM

havent used it but what do yall think of bitinstant? cant you use your cc card at cvs for a moneypak or something?

mooo for rent
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:46:13 AM

What you could do to lock in Bitcoins at the current price while using a credit card is this:

Find something on the Internet that you think a Bitcoin user would likely want to buy in the price range of the amount of money you are wanting to spend.

Post the item for sale on BitMit.

Wait for someone to buy it.

Get their address, go to the site where you can purchase the item. Pay for the item with your credit card and have it shipped to the person.

The price is locked in, once the person receives their item you will get your bitcoins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:04:02 AM

What you could do to lock in Bitcoins at the current price while using a credit card is this:

Find something on the Internet that you think a Bitcoin user would likely want to buy in the price range of the amount of money you are wanting to spend.

Get their address, go to the site where you can purchase the item. Pay for the item with your credit card and have it shipped to the person.

The price is locked in, once the person receives their item you will get your bitcoins.

Elwar, great idea..thanks for sharing.

ffernandex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:56:03 PM

I checked btc-e, but then they send you to a page with several payment gateways, most of them in russian, and so far I have not discovered the way to get to the credit card option... any insights?

thanx

I think btc-e.com can work for you.

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:57:00 PM

Is it possible to buy Bitcoins in Mtgox, using an international credit card?
Tks!

No, not possible.

ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:58:56 PM

This is very smart! thank you!

jakebriggs92

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:18:42 AM

Please use www.BuyBitcoins.com

We do require identify verification to buy bitcoins by credit card, but our service is fast & very secure. 
Just upload your photo ID, do a quick phone verification & we'll send you your bitcoins within a couple of hours.
ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:14:04 PM

Please use www.BuyBitcoins.com

We do require identify verification to buy bitcoins by credit card, but our service is fast & very secure. 
Just upload your photo ID, do a quick phone verification & we'll send you your bitcoins within a couple of hours.

It requires a mtgox account... If I'd have one, I wouldn't be wanting to buy with credit card.

ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:23:21 PM

I want to post some of my findings,

btcQUICk seemd just what I needed, but they refused my account because I didn't have a phone number from a country they could verify... This is what Jerrod said,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: Enquiry Felipe
To: felipe <>

Felipe, Unfortunately we do not have the ability to verify individuals in South America at this time.

Thanks,

After that I asked if they could make a special verification for me, that I was willing to provide any information they needed, but they simply ignored me.

I've been most successful with two approaches:

1) Using localbitcoins to contact people locally and do trades for cash or local bank wires, which are instant.

2) I created an account at BitMit.net and started offering selling PayPal USD for BTC. This worked very well for me, as I have PayPal linked with my credit card. I made a few transactions offering a good rate while I built my trust.

I hope this may help other people with the same questions.

Regards,

RayJay

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:48:57 PM

I would stick with localbitcoins.com, its the fastest.
And if you do repeat business and build your trust with a seller, he might offer you instant CC transactions ( worked for me )
sayulita

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:21:36 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 07:36:37 PM by sayulita

I know you wanted to know about buying your Bitcoins by credit card but in all honesty you are not going to have much luck. You are going to have to pay the Bitcoin seller with a payment option which is non-reversible, which is why Paypal as well is not an option when purchasing Bitcoins.

So now you need to consider your options. If you do not care about being linked to the purchase and do not care about waiting a few days to get your coins I would suggest going with www.coinbase.com . Another option is www.localbitcoins.com which is a great source if you can find somebody in your area.

Another option you could consider would be to get your Bitcoins from www.bitcoin-brokers.org . These guys will sell you your Bitcoins for 2% below market value, and you can get them within one day simply by sending them a Moneygram payment. They also will buy your Bitcoins back from you and send you cash via Moneygram which is a great service.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: