Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best way to buy bitcoins with credit card?  (Read 7549 times)
ffernandex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 02:48:25 PM

I want to buy some bitcoins, but exploring all the different options, exchanges, and payment gateways made me dizzy.

I'm in Chile, South America, I think all of the options for cash deposits in US or EU banks are out of my reach.

I can do international bank wire transfers to the exchanges, but I'm afrad these may take too long, and I'll end up buying when BTC reach the $100.

I can spend USD using an international credit card or paypal. Best way to purchase btc with these?

Thanks,

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
coqui33

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 02:56:30 PM

btcquick.com

Armed Citizens and the Law -- NRA-certified firearms instructor
ChickaDee

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:06:54 PM

BTC and cc don't mix.. Meaning a lot of places won't take your cc unless u do lengthy verifications..
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:07:08 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 05:36:48 PM by tysat

I'd check out coinbase.com.  Not sure if it's right for what you need, but it may work.
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:49:37 PM

for cash try this
https://localbitcoins.com

ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:11:02 PM

Thank you for your recommendations! I'll check these and post my comments if any.

Best,

Felipe

Aozora21

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:19:09 PM

i use coinbase.. their upper limit on transactions kinda sucks though.. cant really watch the market and buy/sell whenever you please. for instance, its noon here and their limit has already been reached :/    i would like other options that dont make me do shady stuff to send money to europe
ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

coinbase looks cool, but it only allows adding funds linking a US bank account, which I don't have.

btcquick seems to be what I need, but downsides is, expensive bitcoins and still requires you to send proof of address (not a deal-breaker, but I tend to prefer those who are willing to respect your privacy). I'll try purchasing some bitcoins here and see how they work.

now, localbitcoins looks exciting, I think I will definitely try this way too. Not sure if the btc prices are good, but I like the whole idea of local trading in cash or similar.

Also, I found out that blockchain wallet allows you to purchase bitcoins from many different countries using your telephone bill. I still don't know the limitations and risks of this option, but looks pretty interesting too. I'll study it in more detail. If you have any experiences or comments about this, would be great.

Thanks all,

MikeMark

Activity: 179

Bitcoin: money chosen by the market.

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:54:25 PM

Also, I found out that blockchain wallet allows you to purchase bitcoins from many different countries using your telephone bill. I still don't know the limitations and risks of this option, but looks pretty interesting too. I'll study it in more detail. If you have any experiences or comments about this, would be great.

Thanks all,

Where/how does blockchain wallet allow that? I've been using it for a while and haven't seen that...

The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light...
NABiT

Activity: 329
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:07:40 PM

Thanks all,

Where/how does blockchain wallet allow that? I've been using it for a while and haven't seen that...

Probably means the Phone Deposit option which only appears under the EU and Other tabs.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/sms-phone-deposits
ffernandex (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:53:00 PM

Thanks all,

Probably means the Phone Deposit option which only appears under the EU and Other tabs.

Exactly. Anyone has used this Phone Deposit option?

Stikaz

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:10:16 PM

Thanks all,

Exactly. Anyone has used this Phone Deposit option?

This method is a way too pricey!!! The worst deal ever you can do for buying BTC.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:27:26 PM

Check virwox.com but they allow a very small deposit via credit card for newbies.
apollonic

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:10:46 PM

I quite like Blockchain.info for buying bitcoins.

Easiest place I have found so far...
Roujo

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:16:29 PM

As hellfrozenow said, LocalBitCoins might be a good option for you. I don't know if there are any sellers near where you live, but if so it would be quite a bit easier than verifying an account online - plus you'd get to keep your privacy! =)
bayamos

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:37:33 AM

mtgox may say that international wire transfers take 2-5 days, plus another day for AML, but that's not always the case. It took less than 24 hours for me between filling out the wire transfer form, to having funds available on the exchange. Of course that may differ depending on your bank and/or the load per day... and who knows if they prioritize incoming transactions depending on size?
gamelife859

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:54:30 AM

I think btc-e.com can work for you.
Majoman

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:13:48 AM

mtgox may say that international wire transfers take 2-5 days, plus another day for AML, but that's not always the case. It took less than 24 hours for me between filling out the wire transfer form, to having funds available on the exchange. Of course that may differ depending on your bank and/or the load per day... and who knows if they prioritize incoming transactions depending on size?
Plus couple of days before they verify you and you can actually make a SEPA transfer, right.
Idk, I've been lookin' for some option where I could get money from a bank account to a wallet within 24 hours but didn't find one. And I'm living in EU.

Yeah, the phone deposit with blockchain is probably the only option I've found, too. But not only the maximum you can buy that way is just 0,1BTC, they also take a hell of a fee (not neccesarily their fault, I believe phone companies are charging ridiculous fees at the first place).
yeemartin

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:18:34 AM

bitcoin is cash, irreversible. so credit card is not so good of a way to purchase.
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:31:37 AM

Is it possible to buy Bitcoins in Mtgox, using an international credit card?
Tks!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: