Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED OUT OF STOCK - [GROUP BUY - Shared pool for Avalon 3rd batch pre-order]  (Read 3423 times)
finlof (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:07:27 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2013, 01:39:35 PM by finlof

I'm seriously pissed I missed out on this opportunity, so I had the idea of doing one similar to it myself.  I am in a unique position where I work that provides me with space, internet, and power that would be perfect for this.  I would be willing to host a BTC pool, electricity, power costs, internet and hardware.  We have a 2500+ square foot building with a server room, generators in case of a power loss, and backup internet.  We are also about to invest in a $25000 solar power system.

I missed out yesterday on CoinHoarders thread  [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Batch 3 [CLOSED- DO NOT SEND FUNDS].  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157930.0;all

I can send pictures of all the hardware and servers.  And also provide any evidence requested (within reason) to any investors.

Of course we will not give out office exchange email address due to chance of DDoS.  Just like CoinHoarder, I cannot invest 75 BTC on a Avalon miner but am aware that a lot of you are in the same boat and want to purchase a piece of one.

We don't have a standing in the community like CoinHoarder has BUT WE DO HAVE a place of business that we use to provide IT support to clients in multiple states.  EVERYTHING we need to host 1 or more Avalons is right here where I come to work everyday.

If there is interest in this, and if any information is needed from us to you, the community, let me know in this thread and my boss and I will send answers to questions accordingly.  The miners are still available for purchase, pre-orders for batch #3.  As soon as they are not available any longer I will update this thread to reflect that change.

I feel and trust CoinHoarders judgement in the terms that he set in his post.  The only difference is our power costs will be lower once we get the solar system installed.  the shipping costs will be factored into the overall cost of the unit(s).  Everything else as far as terms should match his - 3% hosting fee, monthly dividends, etc (refer to his linked post above for terms.)

I dont know when the Avalons will stop being available for purchase so I'm linking my BTC address and will refund everyone if not enough is raised.  

Minimum 1 BTC investment.
Send your investment to 146vw5dA9NHvSRGsB6fPNYXRA5Xm7PXTuF 17VM6yx9rUwDWydfEeKLedEDVZ3huWUKdW (was told to use a brand new address so as to avoid confusion)
PM me or reply to me with the bitcoin address you are sending from and total amt you are sending
your spot will be based on when the bitcoin comes into my account.
any bitcoin left over that is not used to purchase the Avalon(s) will be refunded on a last received basis.

Reply or PM me if you have ANY questions.  lets do this!
Reply with btc address and how much you're investing.

Moderator note:
Just to inform you guys that if this turns out to be a scam, the forum is not responsible for it. Please use your brains and verify the legitimacy of every offering before you spend your coins.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:41:43 PM

Uh, this seems legit.  Roll Eyes
ograyray

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:47:08 PM

Uh, this seems legit.  Roll Eyes

He said he can prove anything and answer any questions and take pictures??  I guess if it doesn't seem legit call him out and ask for proof?  Just sayin Huh
ChickaDee

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:51:02 PM

thats what i was about to say.. erh legit
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:53:40 PM

It really is legit.  i want to do this, but I dont have enough bitcoin to do it myself.  I have pre-ordered a BFL unit (like everyone else) but since they cant deliver and I know that Avalon can I would love to get in on this.  but between myself and 2 employees we only have a little btc.  i will take some pics of our layout and post them.  i know that's not proof, but it's a start.  like i originally posted, I will give whatever proof (within reason) that someone requests.
ChickaDee

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:55:00 PM

It really is legit.  i want to do this, but I dont have enough bitcoin to do it myself.  I have pre-ordered a BFL unit (like everyone else) but since they cant deliver and I know that Avalon can I would love to get in on this.  but between myself and 2 employees we only have a little btc.  i will take some pics of our layout and post them.  i know that's not proof, but it's a start.  like i originally posted, I will give whatever proof (within reason) that someone requests.

someone else is doing the same thing.. Share with them... Look in the noob section...
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:13:11 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 08:20:20 PM by finlof

here's the promised link to the pics.  i took a picture of my screen while on this post so you could see that i wasnt just getting pictures from the internet.  we are running 4 servers with redundant power supplies and multiple UPSs, 2 dedicated 20-amp circuits to the server closet, business-class internet, and backup generator.  I want to ensure that my stuff doesnt go down, and thus will ensure that the avalons dont go down.  if that means i have to buy more UPSs or equipment I am in a position to do that.

pics - http://imgur.com/a/v11Eb http://imgur.com/a/NDIwO - someone suggested i put today's date and my username on a piece of paper and update the pics.  here's the new gallery.

*note about the pics of the towers of older computers - along with new sales and support, we do computer refurbishing.  currently have 500+ offlease Dells that we are either selling or recycling.
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:17:17 PM

Uh, this seems legit.  Roll Eyes

It is legit IF I can get the BTC.  I run a business so I know how to make this work.
shockvibee

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:21:17 PM

I am in love with your workplace but don't have the btc your desire-sorry.
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:25:20 PM

I am in love with your workplace but don't have the btc your desire-sorry.

1 btc min buy-in.  all it takes is a little bit from a few people.
Assen

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:19:08 PM

What is the actual warranty here? I mean I can send you a BTC and never hear about you ever again...
ograyray

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:20:11 PM

im in.  just sent 1.88 BTC from my BTC-e address.  transaction number from BTC listed below:

#12205347   -1.88132016 BTC   Withdrawal BTC to address 146vw5dA9NHvSRGsB6fPNYXRA5Xm7PXTuF
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:21:43 PM

What is the actual warranty here? I mean I can send you a BTC and never hear about you ever again...

warranty is that you get your BTC back if I cant get enough BTC to buy an Avalon.  whatever proof you want (within reason) of my current computer business i can PM/call/email you.  I am a business man and want to run this as such.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:22:14 PM

Just to inform you guys that if this turns out to be a scam, the forum is not responsible for it. Please use your brains and verify the legitimacy of every offering before you spend your coins.
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:22:47 PM

im in.  just sent 1.88 BTC from my BTC-e address.  transaction number from BTC listed below:

#12205347   -1.88132016 BTC   Withdrawal BTC to address 146vw5dA9NHvSRGsB6fPNYXRA5Xm7PXTuF

thx ograyray!  i've got the transaction in my wallet.  
finlof (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:24:04 PM

I can offer proof of my current business to any serious people.  I am a business owner and will run this mining pool as a business.  just PM me
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:26:46 PM

I can offer proof of my current business to any serious people.  I am a business owner and will run this mining pool as a business.  just PM me
Yep, that's great - everyone should verify to their heart's content before handing a stranger with any amount of monies.
I'm just putting this message in as I'm sick of newbies who fall for scams and try to get us to do something about it.
ograyray

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:31:57 PM

Well he was thorough with his intent and intellectually I feel confident that his intent is legit.  Will keep this post updated with my balance for anyone that is iffy.  In an attempt to verify his legitimacy I asked a question not normally asked, the answer given allowed me to look up the existence of  his business which was enough for me.

Also a pleasant person, which helps in situations like this.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:37:46 PM

Well, he is not even using a unique address for collecting the funds. That's very lame to say the least. Before investing please verify that this guy knows what he is doing.

ograyray

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:52:32 PM

1QHZohmAdip28TM7U6KsyRXUrbvRvadtZB

Looks just as unique as CoinHoarders address seen above.  What is a unique address?  I thought all bitcoin wallet address were unique? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: