Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Two things are certain: Bitcoin and Taxes  (Read 7403 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:40:31 AM

The US government wanting to tax bitcoin is a good thing. By doing so they're legitimizing bitcoin. I see no problems here as I'm not interested in bitcoin to make money tax free, but to change the world.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:06:14 AM

The US government wanting to tax bitcoin is a good thing. By doing so they're legitimizing bitcoin. I see no problems here as I'm not interested in bitcoin to make money tax free, but to change the world.

I agree on this.  Tax is needed to be implemented to legitimize the usage of bitcoin.  If tax is implemented then bitcoin will be in the mainstream in no time.  Also this will bring an increase in adoption that will result in increase in  Bitcoin price.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:36:33 AM

I agree on this.  Tax is needed to be implemented to legitimize the usage of bitcoin.  If tax is implemented then bitcoin will be in the mainstream in no time.  Also this will bring an increase in adoption that will result in increase in  Bitcoin price.
Tax does not need to be included in the code so you can pay your taxes, it is very likely that any gains  bitcoin users had with the rally are already subject to tax, so we don’t need to add that to the source code.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:20:54 PM

You mean to say at least by paying taxes we need to make bitcoins legitimate ? Need to agree.

Anything received as payment for goods or services, including bitcoin, is taxable. If you earn income in bitcoin in the exchange of services with another person, it would become subject to income tax. In some places, if you earn money by trading bitcoins the gains could be taxed based on market value at the end of each tax year. So, no wonder if we happen to pay tax for using bitcoins in future. This is obviously certain.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:47:36 PM

You mean to say at least by paying taxes we need to make bitcoins legitimate ? Need to agree.

Anything received as payment for goods or services, including bitcoin, is taxable. If you earn income in bitcoin in the exchange of services with another person, it would become subject to income tax. In some places, if you earn money by trading bitcoins the gains could be taxed based on market value at the end of each tax year. So, no wonder if we happen to pay tax for using bitcoins in future. This is obviously certain.

Yes that's what I meant, by recognizing bitcoin and taxing it, they're essentially legitimizing it which I believe to be a good thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: