Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want send a fixed transaction fee,how can I do it?  (Read 1095 times)
lovelybit (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:54:07 AM

I set settxfee=0.0001,but it seems to be calculated with /KB.Can I send a fixed transaction fee?Like I set fee is 0.0001,the transaction fee is 0.0001 also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:13:48 AM

I wouldn't recommend it. You could send a huge transaction with that tiny fee and get your funds frozen in the mempool. Or you could even overpay. 0.0001 is pretty low nowadays.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
lovelybit (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:25:43 AM

I wouldn't recommend it. You could send a huge transaction with that tiny fee and get your funds frozen in the mempool. Or you could even overpay. 0.0001 is pretty low nowadays.

thank you for your help.But I still want to know how to fix the transaction fee?
Xanidas

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:33:10 AM

thank you for your help.But I still want to know how to fix the transaction fee?

it depends on what wallet you are using. let us know what wallet you are using so we can guide you on how to do it

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
lovelybit (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:39:27 AM

it depends on what wallet you are using. let us know what wallet you are using so we can guide you on how to do it
I'm using the version 0.12.1 of bitcoind
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:42:55 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 05:58:09 AM by mocacinno

If you use the QT (gui usually installed together with bitcoind), you can just enable coin controll features and change the fee manually...
At least, i have coin controll enabled, and when i create a transaction ("send"-tab), i see a buttom "choose" net to the current transaction fee. When i click said button, i can chose whatever fee i'd like.

If you use bitcoin-cli you can also chose your own fee by creating a transaction manually: create a raw transaction picking your inputs and outputs, and the difference between in and out is the fee. Sign this raw transaction, broadcast it with the fee of your liking... A bit harder, but still doable.

But like been said before: it's not a good idear to use a (low) standard fee, sometimes you'll grossly overpay, most of the time your transaction will take a long time to confirm (depending on the size current mempool, fees of unconfirmed transactions, transaction size and luck)!!!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lovelybit (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:19:35 AM

If you use the QT (gui usually installed together with bitcoind), you can just enable coin controll features and change the fee manually...
At least, i have coin controll enabled, and when i create a transaction ("send"-tab), i see a buttom "choose" net to the current transaction fee. When i click said button, i can chose whatever fee i'd like.

If you use bitcoin-cli you can also chose your own fee by creating a transaction manually: create a raw transaction picking your inputs and outputs, and the difference between in and out is the fee. Sign this raw transaction, broadcast it with the fee of your liking... A bit harder, but still doable.

But like been said before: it's not a good idear to use a (low) standard fee, sometimes you'll grossly overpay, most of the time your transaction will take a long time to confirm (depending on the size current mempool, fees of unconfirmed transactions, transaction size and luck)!!!

thank you.
We are developing a web site where the function contains a bitcoin transfer,the fee is determined by the user's own choice.The way you provide is achieved by human action.Is there any API to allow the client to handle by itself,when our web send a value to the client
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 06:27:57 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2016, 06:47:19 AM by mocacinno

thank you.
We are developing a web site where the function contains a bitcoin transfer,the fee is determined by the user's own choice.The way you provide is achieved by human action.Is there any API to allow the client to handle by itself,when our web send a value to the client

Sure, you can start bitcoind on your server, and use json-rpc
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/API_reference_(JSON-RPC)

createrawtransaction
signrawtransaction
sendrawtransaction

Do be carefull tough, i'd strongly advice to let senior members review your code, and do elaborate testing using the testnet. If you screw things up you might really lose a lot of BTC in a very short time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lovelybit (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:45:38 AM

thank you.

Sure, you can start bitcoind on your server, and use json-rpc
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/API_reference_(JSON-RPC)

createrawtransaction
signrawtransaction
sendrawtransaction

Do be carefull tough, i'd strongly advice to let senior members review your code, and do elaborate testing using the testnet. If you screw things up you might really lose a lot of BTC in a very short time.

Thanks again for your advice. Cheesy
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:49:30 AM

thank you.
Will lower fee delay the transaction? can fee be set to zero or is there a minimum value? if there is a minimum value than how is it different from existing wallets?

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 09:57:13 AM

--snip--
Will lower fee delay the transaction? can fee be set to zero or is there a minimum value? if there is a minimum value than how is it different from existing wallets?

Depends on a lot of factors...
If your transaction is a high priority transaction***, you can try not to add any fees... Altough most miners will not add your tx to a block without it having a fee, there are still some good samaritans that add zero-fee high priority transactions to their blocks.

For everyone else, there are sites like this one: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
1) estimate your transaction size (in bytes, NOT in satoshi's)**
2) multiply by the number found on https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ , it's your own pick if you want the transaction to have a high probability of being added to the next block, or if you're willing to wait a bit longer.

Long story short: it depends on the size (in BTC) and age (in confirmations) of your inputs to determine the priority. If it's high enough, you can try a zero-fee tx, but it can take a long time to confirm.
If you can't create a high priority transaction, you should add a fee, how much depends mostly on the number of inputs and outputs of your transaction. Adding to much won't help you a single bit, adding to little might slow down the first confirmation, adding exactly enough would be ideal Wink

BTW: i don't quite get the last part of your question: "how is it different from existing wallets?". I'm saying the OP can run bitcoind and use a json-rpc connection to create a transaction. Bitcoind is the "original". It's usually installed together with bitcoin-qt and was the first wallet. bitcoind is also the daemon that is ran by the nodes everybody relies on Wink

** size can be estimated by: [number of inputs]*180 + [number of outputs]*34 + 10

*** priority = sum(input_value_in_base_units * input_age)/size_in_bytes
high priority = a priority above 57,600,000
source: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
krishna1

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:39:40 PM

well i always like to be a little bit creative and technical so i will gonna suggest you to use the blockchain api like http://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_wallet_api check it out you can set this api and can send btc with 0.0001btc everytime

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: