Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:33:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I cannot wait for PayPal to go out of business  (Read 1335 times)
xJuturna (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:39:23 AM

and I hope it's bitcoin that causes their downfall.

I've had some troubles with paypal over the past 2.5 weeks that have caused me to completely lose faith and stop all business with this company. I'll cut the long story short.

I was attempting to buy bitcoin with the remainder of my balance on Paypal (approx. 20$) but Paypal couldn't be bothered to let me as I don't currently reside in the US. They put a block on my account forcing me to send in verification documents (not the first time) to prove it wasn't someone else using my account which I immediately did. After sending my documents I was informed to change my security questions and password but they seemed to have forgotten that I still couldn't get into my account. I was able to change my password and had to send close to 10 emails to their complaint department since I still had no access to my account.

They sent me an email telling me my account was limited and all I could do was deposit my money back to my bank account. Great, but I still didn't have access to my account. More emails were sent to their complaint department and they continuously sent them to my paypal message center which I didn't have access to.

Finally this morning I get an email after blowing up on them in my last email and they've told me they are now initiating the closure of my account and depending on their "exposure" to me, they may or may not allow me to have my money, part of my money, none of my money, or now I may owe them money. This will take 30-180 days to complete.

How has a company that has procedures like this been allowed to operate for so long? Anyone else have any horror stories involving Paypal (I'm sure you do)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 08:29:05 AM

I have posted my story lots and mods here keep removing my warnings
If staff here cred about you they would have warned you !
It's not charge backs you have to worry about.

It's the TOS agreement you sign when registering at Paypal.
It says in the agreement they forbid any & all use of any digital currency with their services period .

If they catch you there is a long line of people such as myself who have been shafted.
I think my drama lasted almost 3 months.

They put me through hell.
Worst experience i ever had with any company hands down.

But hey have you by the balls.
You are guilty and caught red handed.
That is the bottom line.

When i got my email from them about the TOS violation
I found on Google the same exact email i got from another user here in 2012
This is old news just buried and hidden so the forum users can keep scamming people.

They (staff here) have no interest in cracking down on this behavior here.
And many sellers / buyers have admitted to being caught LOTS OF TIMES
and all they do is write off the money and make a new account and keep doing it.
(i seen them admit this)

Which is risky if you sold your BTC to a guy and he has his account seized
because he may not have any more money to work with.

..mine was tied up locked away for months as i battled them.
I had to get a lawyer and pay costs out of pocket
and eventually i was told i had 1 option..

Get a signed affidavit admitting i was guilty of breaking their TOS and i will not do it again.
And when they asked me to do that they gave me no hint what so ever that i would get my money if i did admit guilt.

THEN when they gave me back my money tied up and released my frozen purchases pemding
(which stained my reputation with Newegg) they STILL stole almost $700
and i had to keep fighting from month 2 on to month 3 harassing them non stop.

And all i did was take out the min amount at BTCe withdrawn to Paypal 2x then bought some PC parts at Newegg. $2,500 usd twice with $500 in combined service fee's.

AND before i did any of that i phoned Paypal and checked if i was good..
They had me wait on the phone and double checked with supervisor and said i was fine.
Pretty much the next day my account was locked / limited.  Roll Eyes

So..
Admit guilt and stop doing it..

They started with proof of my Identification too.
They kept stringing me along for ages trying to say it was all kinds of OTHER problems they said
but when i proved there was no OTHER problem they latched onto the Bitcoin thing !

I uploaded about 63 times to their resolution center to satisfy them and yes..
My account was already pre-verified.
They had nothing on me ..except the Bitcoin TOS violation.
I had no bad history or anything either.

Paypal = Scum.

Need help with it ?
Best thing to do is follow the resolution center demands
and after that if you still need help then get on Twitter and add the "Paypal Help" Twitter account
and DM them.. you will then be able to get a Direct message to them and have a private conversation etc.
This got my shit dealt with rapidly !

FUD first & ask questions later™
maju69

Activity: 1008
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:51:38 AM

Dont use paypal to your busines ,,
look many advertiser, PTC, revshare program have been down because their fund was hold by paypal
look also for trafficmonsoon now,,
make it to your reference
thanks

lavapits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:15:33 PM

I've had some troubles with paypal over the past 2.5 weeks that have caused me to completely lose faith and stop all business with this company. I'll cut the long story short.

I was attempting to buy bitcoin with the remainder of my balance on Paypal (approx. 20$) but Paypal couldn't be bothered to let me as I don't currently reside in the US. They put a block on my account forcing me to send in verification documents (not the first time) to prove it wasn't someone else using my account which I immediately did. After sending my documents I was informed to change my security questions and password but they seemed to have forgotten that I still couldn't get into my account. I was able to change my password and had to send close to 10 emails to their complaint department since I still had no access to my account.

They sent me an email telling me my account was limited and all I could do was deposit my money back to my bank account. Great, but I still didn't have access to my account. More emails were sent to their complaint department and they continuously sent them to my paypal message center which I didn't have access to.

Finally this morning I get an email after blowing up on them in my last email and they've told me they are now initiating the closure of my account and depending on their "exposure" to me, they may or may not allow me to have my money, part of my money, none of my money, or now I may owe them money. This will take 30-180 days to complete.

How has a company that has procedures like this been allowed to operate for so long? Anyone else have any horror stories involving Paypal (I'm sure you do)?

i think even if bitcoin will be very popular and people will use it, some people will still use paypal as all people aren't going to trust itcoin so fast so they will stick with paypal
Jalinco

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 02:57:13 PM

I've had similar run ins with them in the past forgetting passwords and security questions and lost access to my account. I was told by their website to log in to email them which i couldn't so i had to keep emailing the complaints compartment. They where no help whatsoever and could not do jack to help, and i had to keep emailing for weeks at a time to get one single reply, when they just told me to ring them and speak to them directly, which i couldnt do at the time and if they couldnt help me via email then they sure as hell cant do anything different over the phone. That account now has been deleted i think due to inactivity (thats what they told me) and ive been forced to create a new one, which i hated because withdrawals took close to a week or even longer sometimes till ive made a certain amount. They are pretty bad and have gone majorly downhill since their opening and their business practices are definitely worse with time. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with them and i hope everything works out for the best asap!
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 04:54:26 PM

I lose my paypal account with the negative 2K USD because I received a dollars from my ebay buyer but after  two months, those buyers filed a dispute and took away 2k usd in my account. I end up having the negative. while those boys have the t-shirts i've sent. since then I never use paypal. thier policy is not ideal.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:09:53 PM

PayPal is popular and widespread. Time to make a company (small chain of companies) that sits between PayPal and other electronic currencies. This company would obey all the PayPal rules, but would do the things that PayPal doesn't allow doing.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:49:31 AM

PayPal is popular and widespread. Time to make a company (small chain of companies) that sits between PayPal and other electronic currencies. This company would obey all the PayPal rules, but would do the things that PayPal doesn't allow doing.

Cool

That is EXACTLY what BTCe did.
And it dud not work.. did you not read my story ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 07:07:09 AM

Cool

That is EXACTLY what BTCe did.
And it dud not work.. did you not read my story ?

Did you have a story about this? If so I didn't read it. Do you have a link? Or are you talking about BTC-e out of Bulgaria?

(Sorry, but with all your emotional rambling between the lines of important stuff, I find it hard to pick out many of your posts that I have patience for, enough to read. I don't mean to insult you with this. It is simply your style and mine don't match.)

Besides, the in-between-company was one of many ideas. How about the following, which has been done, as well: a company that is to Bitcoin as UPMA is to silver and gold - a VISA or Mastercard based on Bitcoin. UPMA isn't working out so well. But Bitcoin people could use a company like this to push Bitcoin, even though they might be interested in fiat for living.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
ajiz138

Activity: 1498
Merit: 785

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 08:02:20 AM

too many rules of paypal.. last year im used it and make many transaction using it .
then my account was freeze by paypal because on of bussines product make mistake with paypal,, and it caused to all member who used paypal,, all account freez until now.
i should you to use another payment processor

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:42:47 AM

Fuck paypal, verify this, confirm that, "where did the money come from", seriously, they ask too many questions. i understand they have all their bullshit rules they keep our accounts safe, but i'd rather use btc for payments, safer, easier to use. Overall, fuck paypal  Roll Eyes

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 01:27:48 PM

The thing is with the time flow, paypal will get weaker and weaker.
Why? Thanks to us, bitcoin community.
Bitcoin so far is the greatest way of payment , fastest and world-wide. Payment is not able to fight that, crypto's are just too strong.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:52:51 PM

I don't like payapal, that's why i'm using bitcoins Wink

djank

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:33:59 AM

To be careful with business is good, over protective with it make customer hate you. Seriously Paypal is paranoid organisation, bitcoin will replace paypal by the time.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:58:21 PM

paypal doesnt support digital currency and you all know this, it doesnt matter what some minimum wage call center worker told you

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
francism

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:26:14 AM

More than 7 years ago I stopped using paypal after they locked my account without any valid reason at all.
Barcode_
Staff

Activity: 3010
Merit: 568

APP下载sbapp.io

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:05:25 PM

Paypal transaction fees are just too high for small business, Paypal does not charge the sender but the receiver fees are just too high.

Paypal reduce your fees or just keep risking losing customer.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███