Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo same ponzi scam like Steem?  (Read 4970 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2016, 09:07:30 AM

Nobody accused STEEM of being a pyramid scheme because you can earn money posting. The accusation stems from the fact that STEEM are produced at an increasing rate, with the supply doubling every year. Such is not the case with Synereo

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:31:10 AM

First of all, Steem is created out of thin air, from nothing, just like the central banks create paper money from nothing. This creates inflation and devaluation of the money. But because a lot of buying pressure and steam has gathered around this community the price of Steem is higher and higher while it should actually be going much lower.

This is an absurd statement in the context of how crypto is mined.

Actually, STEEM was ninja-mined among widespread disinterest just like BTC...
They were begging people to mine/witness it back in April even after it was clear this was Dan's new baby...
Only a handful of BTS alumni bothered to get involved.

Also, leadership and decentralization are mutually exclusive...
Every successful crypto is heavily centralized whether they lie about it or not.

My biggest concern is that Steemit has no real content plan or roadmap...
"Social neworks" don't evolve "organically"... they have to planned, targeted and be built brick by brick.

And Synereo is just a pile of buzzwords with an incomprehensible White Paper...
Ya man, 20 yo are all looking to replace their social networks with something no one can understand.

Steemit could succeed if they get highly focused... Synereo is just a black box to take a flyer on.

Delawer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:44:36 AM

I have to disagree. First of all, is a product/platform. Then, if you have read some of their enviroment, there is a serious invest procedure and many ways you can be involved. You wanna speculate-> buy amps. You want to have equity->buy shares. You can be a node to help the net or just a user. All with features like privacy, decentralization, etc. There are some details still to concrete like how taxes are being made, if there will be a holding (PoS).Obviously money dont rain from the clouds. Im my opinion is quite serious proyect.
If you compare for instance with (The DaO) - wich I heard is already being investigated by the SEC-, Synereo is lighyear above most ethereum proyects and cryptos.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:08:01 AM

They were begging people to mine/witness it back in April even after it was clear this was Dan's new baby...

That's not true, and you know it.  There were people who were interested and mined Steem in the beginning who lost their money, because Dan and Co completely rolled back the chain, so they could mine a larger percentage of the coin.  Nobody is going to mine something when their money can be taken away on a whim, because Dan and Co want a larger percentage of ownership.

Also, leadership and decentralization are mutually exclusive...
Every successful crypto is heavily centralized whether they lie about it or not.

There is a big difference between a company releasing a centralized product (ie Steem), and a company releasing a decentralized product (ie Synereo).

And Synereo is just a pile of buzzwords with an incomprehensible White Paper...
Ya man, 20 yo are all looking to replace their social networks with something no one can understand.

How much are the Larimers and their associates paying you?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:49:59 PM

dejavu..

isnt this the begin of xmr vs dash all over again?
rapazev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:52:21 PM

Also AMP has a large premine like 90%

Lol,
is that true? i always thought synero would be better distributed.

The founders didn't get anywhere close to 90%.  50M AMPs were sold in the initial crowdsale and 7.5M AMPs have been distributed for bounties since then.  The mass majority of AMPs remaining are designated for future crowdsales, bounties, and giveaways to attract new users.

Here's the breakdown:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit#gid=1156984041

thank you for clarify!
a huge premine is definitely a problem but if they managed the distribution i can live with that.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:35:17 AM

Also AMP has a large premine like 90%

Lol,
is that true? i always thought synero would be better distributed.

The founders didn't get anywhere close to 90%.  50M AMPs were sold in the initial crowdsale and 7.5M AMPs have been distributed for bounties since then.  The mass majority of AMPs remaining are designated for future crowdsales, bounties, and giveaways to attract new users.

Here's the breakdown:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit#gid=1156984041

thank you for clarify!
a huge premine is definitely a problem but if they managed the distribution i can live with that.

You can earn AMPs starting in September by running a Synereo node.  In the beginning, the network will be run with "test AMPs" so bugs can be worked out, but all the test AMPs you earn will be redeemable for real AMPs.  Running a node is basically the equivalent of mining in regards to earning coins.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Dave5

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:32:07 AM

dejavu..

isnt this the begin of xmr vs dash all over again?

Yes! Starting to look the same.

Both projects are different. Let the public decide.

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
█████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
Delawer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:00:38 AM

I would like to remark: in Synereo you will be able to build Dapps. In my opinion that is a big power. Steem is quite limited.
Another point of advantage people seems don't realize is that in steem post are like a shooting machine, just to catch votes. I think in Synereo this flow is use much in a logical way (REO, etc)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:48:28 AM

@Delawer. I do not think Synereo is comparable with Steemit anymore. Synereo has become a full platform capable of dapps to be created on it while Steemit is an application built on graphene platform. Say anyone saying it will be like XMR versus Dash is mistaken.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM

Here's another decentralized social network on bitcoin blockchain
https://www.yours.network
https://twitter.com/YoursNetwork

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
oceanriver

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:47:55 PM

Nobody accused STEEM of being a pyramid scheme because you can earn money posting. The accusation stems from the fact that STEEM are produced at an increasing rate, with the supply doubling every year. Such is not the case with Synereo
there were actually a lot of people accusing steem to be a pyramid scheme to be honest, though i really dont think it is a scam
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:33:48 AM

That's not true, and you know it.  There were people who were interested and mined Steem in the beginning who lost their money, because Dan and Co completely rolled back the chain, so they could mine a larger percentage of the coin.  Nobody is going to mine something when their money can be taken away on a whim, because Dan and Co want a larger percentage of ownership.

That's not true, and you know it. Steem was re-launch due a bug in mining algo and all what peoples lost its maximum 1.5 day of mining, do you think everybody who continue to mine after re-launch doesn't make profit which cover these 1.5 days?  Smiley
Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1408726.0
Relaunch thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.0

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:38:13 AM

I would like to remark: in Synereo you will be able to build Dapps. In my opinion that is a big power. Steem is quite limited.
Another point of advantage people seems don't realize is that in steem post are like a shooting machine, just to catch votes. I think in Synereo this flow is use much in a logical way (REO, etc)

Maybe I wrong but I think until Synereo out from beta, Steem will have sidechains and smart contracts already working.

https://steemit.com/smartcontracts/@dantheman/could-wren-be-the-future-of-smart-contract-scripting-languages
https://github.com/steemit/steem/issues/308

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:33:03 AM

That's not true, and you know it.  There were people who were interested and mined Steem in the beginning who lost their money, because Dan and Co completely rolled back the chain, so they could mine a larger percentage of the coin.  Nobody is going to mine something when their money can be taken away on a whim, because Dan and Co want a larger percentage of ownership.

That's not true, and you know it. Steem was re-launch due a bug in mining algo and all what peoples lost its maximum 1.5 day of mining, do you think everybody who continue to mine after re-launch doesn't make profit which cover these 1.5 days?  Smiley

Yeah, it was a "bug".  That's what it was.  Lol

Suspiciously, quite a similar situation developed around the launch of Protoshares, another Larimer wonder, where quite a few individuals reported on the forum that their miners kept being disconnected from other peers (aka Larimer nodes) which prevented them from syncing and mining.  Gee, I wonder what caused that?

Tanglemymind

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:04:06 AM

Suspiciously, quite a similar situation developed around the launch of Protoshares, another Larimer wonder, where quite a few individuals reported on the forum that their miners kept being disconnected from other peers (aka Larimer nodes) which prevented them from syncing and mining.  Gee, I wonder what caused that?

Typical synereo cult follower.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:58:27 AM

Typical synereo cult follower.

I'm sorry you got conned by the Larimers.  Just like all their biggest critics, I supported them too, before I caught on to their devious ways.

testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:07:07 AM

Please give us a prof, I mine ProtoShares from first minute and doesn't remember such a problem (superb - StoreJ founder - found the first block). It's was hardfork after few days because unexpected miners activity and huge hashrate, but I don't remember that many peoples can't mine because connection problems, let's say no more problems than other coins has during launch.

PS: I supported ProtoShares client for more than one year so I hope I know all problems of the network  Wink
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-pts/commits/bitshares-pts

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 06:44:18 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 06:56:27 AM by Joint Force

I am curious. How will Steemit collapse on its own because it is centralized? I know decentralization very much matters to us. But kindly explain why Steemit will collapse.

It'll collapse, because it's centrally supported by the Larimers and their associates.  Once the Larimers make their money and pull out, it will be over.  It is structured in such a way that payouts are limited to keep the system from collapsing too quickly.  The Larimers and their associates power down every week to cash out, because they know time is ticking.  Even if they only cash out a fraction of their holdings before it comes tumbling down, they'll still have made millions.  If I want to use a centralized website for social networking, I'll use facebook and twitter which already have mass adoption.  Steem is simply an overly complex scheme intentionally designed to steal from the under-informed.  Ask yourself, "If the website is centrally hosted, how do they intend on dealing with take down requests?"  They don't, because they don't plan on Steem lasting this long.  It's a quick money grab, and that's it.  With Synereo, nothing is centrally hosted and none of the decentralized nodes in the network know what is being stored on their disks, because everything is encrypted.  Node operators cannot see anyone's data without the person's private keys which they do not possess.  Not only that but user data is spread on the Synereo network in a redundant manner which ensures that individual nodes shutting down doesn't affect the availability of user data.  User data in Synereo is also not stored on the blockchain, which is unfeasible for long term use, but it is stored via SpecialK across multiple geographically relative nodes per the data requests.

This same thing could possibly happen with the Synereo AppCoin or with my AppCoin. Devs sell off and abandon the project. I'm taking the same route with a token and small % sell offs. This type of structure is similar to a VC funding rounds in a company.

It all comes down to trusting that the devs won't sell out.

I hope to hope achieve full distribution with my DApp AppCoin and have the project at the point where the community does a better job of managing and updating the code base. This would be similar to what bitcoin has achieved.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 07:06:15 AM

Please give us a prof, I mine ProtoShares from first minute and doesn't remember such a problem (superb - StoreJ founder - found the first block). It's was hardfork after few days because unexpected miners activity and huge hashrate, but I don't remember that many peoples can't mine because connection problems, let's say no more problems than other coins has during launch.

PS: I supported ProtoShares client for more than one year so I hope I know all problems of the network  Wink
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-pts/commits/bitshares-pts

I mined PTS from the very beginning also.  During the first few days of mining, many people posted on their PTS forum about issues getting disconnected.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: