Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:20:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Xapo or blockchain?  (Read 9784 times)
Adrorecia

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:26:01 PM

Talking about safety i would choose bitcoin and i think funds in xapo are not safe from even xapo because of their more safety features.They may suddenly ask for identity verification which i never like.Thats why i am using blockchain.info wallet over xapo and many other would also recommend the same.

I also think that the blockchain is better the security it has is way better and its also more used than other wallets that are online.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:41:07 AM

The blockchain is pretty okay and I think that you can easily manage your wallet on it too, the only thing is that you have to pay some fee's of course that is not something that is bad because the fact is that less more secured.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:58:40 AM

I think the both are good online wallets, but I prefer to use blockchain.info. I think it's more simple to use and it's very famous, trusted and safe, I never had any problem with this wallet.

Xapo has some good points also like the faucets paying directly to that and the xapo credit card for who likes it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Sandroxa

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:16:05 AM

Just go for the Blockchain wallet, its a secured wallet and it even supports 2fa so that is very nice if you are asking me.
Its the most used and also the best in my opinion.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:32:08 PM

Talking about safety i would choose bitcoin and i think funds in xapo are not safe from even xapo because of their more safety features.They may suddenly ask for identity verification which i never like.Thats why i am using blockchain.info wallet over xapo and many other would also recommend the same.
I guess xapo very safe but yes some people will not like too for do verification identity included me maybe that a bit out of the bitcoin declare as anonymous.
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:43:21 PM

From my day-zero on bitcoin i used Xapo as web-wallet, worth to note that the login process and the verification identity is safe but very long..you have to receive code on your phone every 5 minutes or so, plus others annoyng things. Just to positive note, i find it very safe, not a single sat was never lost Wink
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:11:12 PM

Xapo is greater although blockchain is the most secure online wallet. There are several reasons why i support Xapo. First, users do not have to pay for the fees when they make a transaction. Second, the wallet is well-designed and very attractive. Third, Xapo have developed their debit system for years. That's why i choose Xapo
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:53:36 PM

Xapo is greater although blockchain is the most secure online wallet. There are several reasons why i support Xapo. First, users do not have to pay for the fees when they make a transaction. Second, the wallet is well-designed and very attractive. Third, Xapo have developed their debit system for years. That's why i choose Xapo

What makes you think that it is more secure than Xapo or even the most secure web wallet? Quite a few people had been complaining about their bitcoins having been stolen from the blockchain wallet due to security leaks. If you ask me, I would stay away as far as possible from this wallet. Just read this reddit thread about someone losing a hundred bitcoins there.

Has Xapo been hacked even once?
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:41:01 PM

Hello friends
 Which is more safe xapo or block chain wallet? And why?
I think blockchain is much safer than xapo, but if you want to use wallet without fee then use xapo, blockchain have a fee for every transaction you made even small amounts,. If I were I you I will use those 2 wallet , blockchain for saving btc, and use xapo for your daiy sending funds to others. Like investment etc.

I agree with this idea, better to have both accounts as each have his positive and negative aspect
NC is safe and fast, but have transactions fee then is good for storing the bank....instead keep a small part of bank on Xaopo account for daily expenses and transactions, or to get payment....then you can safely move money from one to another!
Legendaris

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:11:23 PM

I have both, but I more like coinbase than xapo. After coinbase released etherium wallet, I turn my ETH wallet to coinbase. For faster coinbase is good but for secure I think xapo is leading.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:19:26 PM

I have both, but I more like coinbase than xapo. After coinbase released etherium wallet, I turn my ETH wallet to coinbase. For faster coinbase is good but for secure I think xapo is leading.
You cannot be serious.

1.Coinbase is not a bitcoin wallet,it's a damn bitcoin bank ran by corporates.
2.Coinbase is not anonymous and the keep track of how your coins are spent/where they came from.
3.Xapo does the same,offers free bitcoin transactions with other constraints.
4.Don't be surprised to wake up to your wallets being hacked.
5.Hey have you heard of bitcoin core? Or electrum ?
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:14:32 PM

Xapo is indeed not very safe because it has not such a good security, you cannot secure it optimal with the blockchain there are way more options without any doubts.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:16:14 PM

You cannot be serious.

1.Coinbase is not a bitcoin wallet,it's a damn bitcoin bank ran by corporates.
2.Coinbase is not anonymous and the keep track of how your coins are spent/where they came from.
3.Xapo does the same,offers free bitcoin transactions with other constraints.
4.Don't be surprised to wake up to your wallets being hacked.
5.Hey have you heard of bitcoin core? Or electrum ?

1. And what difference does it make? I mean even if Coinbase is a bank, it doesn't cease to be a Bitcoin wallet.
2. The chain is not stronger than its weakest link. I mean bitcoin transactions themselves are only pseudoanonymous.
3. So they are basically the same.
4. Desktop wallets are hacked every now and then. Has Coinbase (or Xapo) been hacked even once?
5. See 4.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:21:53 PM

Xapo is indeed not very safe because it has not such a good security, you cannot secure it optimal with the blockchain there are way more options without any doubts.

I agree its not a very safe option but they are having no fee's so for that they are good but for larger amount of bitcoins the blockchain wallet is way better without any doubts.
I think the blockchain is also already long in the game..
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 03:29:59 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2016, 04:11:40 AM by neochiny

I think it's okay to use online wallets for small amounts. For spending,shopping,bits of payments and such. I haven't personally encountered an issue with one yet, so good enough. (Probably because I don't keep much on them.It's usually just passing thru.)

Now, as for Xapo vs Blockchain, I would personally choose blockchain anytime. The fees could get high, but I do feel safer with it compared to Xapo. And none of that 'ID verification' stuff.(Least none that I know of.)

Still, you could just download core/electrum or such. Now THat, is way more secure, plus, only you got control of your coins.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Fatamorgana

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 01:47:45 AM

For save and secure my bitcoin I use both. I separate my bitcoin about 75% to blockchain, and 25% again I save to xapo and coinbase. For me, blockchain is more secure and fast than xapo or coinbase.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:24:18 AM

For save and secure my bitcoin I use both. I separate my bitcoin about 75% to blockchain, and 25% again I save to xapo and coinbase. For me, blockchain is more secure and fast than xapo or coinbase.

You got it, blockchain is the most secured bitcoin wallet provider. But of course we are not the same, we have our own perspective on why we are going to like ones bitcoin wallet provider.

But for me, Blockchain would be the best even though I tried to use xapo but I stopped already I hated their 60 second cool down for security.

Unlike blockchain's email verification.

Vires in Numeris
Fatamorgana

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:22:42 AM

You got it, blockchain is the most secured bitcoin wallet provider. But of course we are not the same, we have our own perspective on why we are going to like ones bitcoin wallet provider.

But for me, Blockchain would be the best even though I tried to use xapo but I stopped already I hated their 60 second cool down for security.

Unlike blockchain's email verification.
I still use xapo because i often sent and received bitcoin with small balance and free to transfer. And i still collect bitcoin with playing xapo faucets, because many faucets that only use for xapo wallet.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 12:54:49 PM

Hello friends
If you are newbie and looking for extra faucet or games then you are in the right one xapo has lots of games that you can really earn satoshi / bitcoin there and if you want to transfer it into another safest bitcoin wallet then use blockchain , blockchain is reall good when it comes of security and the main block of bitcoin.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 04:59:16 PM

Hello friends

I really don't think there is all that much difference in safety. The safety is up to you to make sure your pc is always clean of malware and trojans and keyloggers and other meanies Sad Xapo I use it is good I love the interface it's so professional and sleek. Thought the addded  security requires you to use a cell number to send a code to and this annoys me but I guess it is very secure. Someone would need your phone and password to get in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print