Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 hours  (Read 10099 times)
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 11:17:47 AM

This is just the same shit we had from 'Zyphus' and his friends last week. The post above with falso rumours should actually be moderated. Differing opinion is good. Purposely false rumours aren't...
But you can't know if they are false rumors before the events have played out. Also, we need someone to be BTC bears, there are enough BTC cheerleaders in here.

tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:22:57 AM

I've said to much, this isn't a secure line.

Over and out.
Obviously not since this is a public forum, lol

Also your speculation of "Bitcoin will crash in 8 hours" wasn't specific to what amount it will crash? Maybe it will crash to 0.01USD downwards? LOL  Grin That's totally ok for me because it will gain 1000 fold afterwards Cheesy

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:25:10 AM

This is just the same shit we had from 'Zyphus' and his friends last week. The post above with falso rumours should actually be moderated. Differing opinion is good. Purposely false rumours aren't...
But you can't know if they are false rumors before the events have played out. Also, we need someone to be BTC bears, there are enough BTC cheerleaders in here.
Do these 'cheerleaders' understand how Bitcoin works as well, and what roles Proof of Work, HashCash and the like or Public-key cryptography play in Bitcoin?

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:28:37 AM

Differing opinion is good because free speech is good. Also don't treat this as a rumour but as an opinion, think for yourself, you have your own mind.

Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 12:06:13 PM

Do these 'cheerleaders' understand how Bitcoin works as well, and what roles Proof of Work, HashCash and the like or Public-key cryptography play in Bitcoin?
Don't get me wrong, I believe in BTCs and understand their potential but I think we need someone to be skeptical as well. Otherwise, we turn into a reality ignoring cult.

Also, I am tired of people yelling "FUD" whenever someone discusses potential threats against Bitcoins.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:37:27 PM

soooo... no fire and brimstone, then?
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:39:02 PM

Don't get me wrong, I believe in BTCs and understand their potential but I think we need someone to be skeptical as well. Otherwise, we turn into a reality ignoring cult.

Also, I am tired of people yelling "FUD" whenever someone discusses potential threats against Bitcoins.
Agree, but I think this crosses the line from "skeptical" to "nefarious". If BTC were stocks (and fortunately it is not, but still...), this kind of posting would be illegal.

Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:39:51 PM

Agree, but I think this crosses the line from "skeptical" to "nefarious". If BTC were stocks (and fortunately it is not, but still...), this kind of posting would be illegal.
Isn't the purpose of bitcoin to escape the government enforcement and regulation? In for a penny, in for a pound.

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:42:02 PM

Isn't the purpose of bitcoin to escape the government enforcement and regulation? In for a penny, in for a pound.

Agreed, but that's why idiots like the OP should pay a price in ill-concealed laughter and ridicule.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:54:46 PM

OP should get SCAMMER tag.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:57:50 PM

OP should get SCAMMER tag.

Won't do much good, as he obviously created this fake profile just for the purposes of this thread.
Sword Smith

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 04:41:45 PM

Agreed, but that's why idiots like the OP should pay a price in ill-concealed laughter and ridicule.
Haha! Ok. Agreed!

Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:46:48 PM

Some news will be put to light on national television. Wheels are in motion to ban bitcoin exchange in one country, and this may spread internationally.

I heard an asteroid was headed straight for the internet.

:Golf clap:

Actually, apparently a kind-of asteroid has indeed crashed into the internet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21954636

Though I can't say I've noticed any slowing down today. And BTC still keeps going up.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:41:31 AM

Some news will be put to light on national television. Wheels are in motion to ban bitcoin exchange in one country, and this may spread internationally.

I heard an asteroid was headed straight for the internet.

:Golf clap:

Actually, apparently a kind-of asteroid has indeed crashed into the internet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21954636

Though I can't say I've noticed any slowing down today. And BTC still keeps going up.

Sad. No word about cloudflare , they help spamhaus in defending against this attack.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: