Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Johny1976, and Cointoli - Owes me 0.16 for 10 days  (Read 360 times)
BestBitcoinOdds (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 30

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:03:27 PM

Users profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=143958
Amount scammed: 0.16 BTC

What happened:   I sell products on his Johny1976's site, cointoli.  They have been having "withdrawal issues" for weeks.  Johny has known about the issue for MONTHS.  Usually it takes a few days of chasing him to get paid, but this time it's just absurd.

It has been more than 10 days, and I have not been paid.  I sent a message on the 10th, telling him about it.   Shortly after I sent him the message, he logged in to bitcointalk but did not respond.   He then proceeds to not reply for over a week.    I then threatened to open a scam accusation against him if I was not paid, and shockingly enough he emailed me back almost immediately:

Hi,

should I send it to that address?

Johny

That was yesterday, and I STILL have not been paid.   It is unfortunate that I have to do this as he knows and has admitted to owing me the funds but refuses to pay.  For some reason it is taking so long to pay me, I guess he no longer has my money.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BestBitcoinOdds (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:56:38 PM

He finally paid me less than an hour after I opened this scam accusation.  Isn't it a miracle?    I'm never dealing with him again, and it's probably not a bad idea if others don't as well.

I don't need to be spending time harassing him to get paid on products that he made a commission on
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:48:46 AM

He finally paid me less than an hour after I opened this scam accusation.  Isn't it a miracle?    I'm never dealing with him again, and it's probably not a bad idea if others don't as well.

I don't need to be spending time harassing him to get paid on products that he made a commission on
next time when you want to open accusation, please post your proofs, like tax ID, chatlogs, etc which it's valid proof.
i think it's not miracle, maybe he just scared if his account get negative tag from DT user or he forgot if he's stil have a debt with someone.

Lock this thread, and add "RESOLVED" in this thread
BestBitcoinOdds (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:59:56 PM

He finally paid me less than an hour after I opened this scam accusation.  Isn't it a miracle?    I'm never dealing with him again, and it's probably not a bad idea if others don't as well.

next time when you want to open accusation, please post your proofs, like tax ID, chatlogs, etc which it's valid proof.
i think it's not miracle, maybe he just scared if his account get negative tag from DT user or he forgot if he's stil have a debt with someone.

Lock this thread, and add "RESOLVED" in this thread

I guess you are from somewhere where they don't understand sarcasm.

And how exactly would you like me to post a txid when he hadn't paid me?

I did post the one reply I got in 10 days.    All of my other emails were ignored.   So I could have posted the chatlogs but it would would be 6 messages of me just talking to myself without a response.

There was nothing really to post other than what I had posted.   He knew he owed me money.   He was trying not to pay me.   Just look at the contoli thread.  I'm not the only one he owes money to.

Obviously you were just here to get paid for your sig.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: