Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:59:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of Exchanges in Bitcoin Discussion Subforum  (Read 538 times)
marky89 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:48:49 PM

Hi, I wanted to get some feedback. I understand that there is an Exchanges subforum. Actually it is a subforum of Service Discussion, which is a subforum of Marketplace, which means that it gets absolutely no traffic.

I wanted to understand the basis by which threads are removed from Bitcoin Discussion and moved to other subforums. I bring this up because I feel that Bitcoin Discussion is by default (and is also maybe best fit) the best place for PSAs of sorts.

I started this thread 6 hours ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590771.0

It has already been moved to Exchanges (i.e. it has been buried in a grave to never be unearthed again)

Given that Bitfinex was the biggest BTCUSD exchange and that exchanges are a very important part of the ecosystem (hence affected many bitcoin users), I don't think it's unreasonable to allow discussion of it in Bitcoin Discussion.

The thread is essentially another warning to [bitcoin] users to avoid the exchange, as its actions have been highly unethical.

Would it be possible to at least allow such threads to remain in Bitcoin Discussion for some amount of time (1-2 days?) before moderators kill them by moving them to a dead subforum?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:14:23 AM

The thread was moved after being reported, I've even left a redirection topic for more exposure. It discusses a specific exchange so Exchanges would be the best fit.

I understand that there is an Exchanges subforum. Actually it is a subforum of Service Discussion, which is a subforum of Marketplace,
I've actually talked to theymos about getting Service Discussion(and expanding it a bit) out of the Marketplace for more exposure. It's not something that will likely happen at this point though.

Would it be possible to at least allow such threads to remain in Bitcoin Discussion for some amount of time (1-2 days?) before moderators kill them by moving them to a dead subforum?
That's why I haven't moved all the Bitfinex threads yet. Exchanges is not a dead section, on the contrary, it was specifically created because a lot of people were talking about them and they now have a dedicated place to do that.

illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 07:23:02 PM

That's why I haven't moved all the Bitfinex threads yet. Exchanges is not a dead section, on the contrary, it was specifically created because a lot of people were talking about them and they now have a dedicated place to do that.

I think the problem is that the subforum is not even visible on the front page of the bitcointalk.org. You need to go into Service Discussion to even see it. I would guess that many people don't know it exists.

I will say, I have been frustrated sometimes by this issue. I don't post as much in Speculation as I used to. But obviously, the issue of exchanges is very important to traders. So it was frustrating to see threads about exchange issues being moved outside of Speculation, when users there were quite interested to discuss the issues.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:17:52 PM

So it was frustrating to see threads about exchange issues being moved outside of Speculation, when users there were quite interested to discuss the issues.

Threads about exchanges were moved to Service Discussion, now they're moved to Service Discussion > Exchanges, which is even better. People discussing exchanges have a dedicated space to do that, which is an improvement. Discussing it in Speculation was off-topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: