Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:57:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining into a safe wallet  (Read 1414 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 06:29:00 PM

Hi,

my mining rigs are to be set up in a rather insecure server room and I'd feel better not running a bitcoin client collecting millions of blocks Wink stored in that insecure environment. Can I set the miner or the client to assign blocks to a specific bitcoin id?

As I'm not running the rig alone it would even be better if I could configure it such that 20BTC go to id1 and id2 and 10BTC to id3? I've seen there are pool(s) that do that.

Regards

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:31:11 PM

bitcoin id? wtf is that? You can always get a e-wallet, and send your payments there.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
1bitc0inplz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:33:38 PM

Are you solo mining?

If not, there is no security concern, your wallet ID is stores at your pool and your private keys on your personal computer.

Mine @ http://pool.bitp.it - No fees, virtually 0 stales, what's not to love!
Chat with us @ #bitp.it on irc.freenode.net
Learn more about our pool @ http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12181.0
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 06:35:51 PM

bitcoin id? wtf is that?

Whatever you call that thing after Bitcoin: in your signature.

I'm not planning to do pooled mining. My setup at home now has a miner and a bitcoin gui client running and somehow magically it manages to make rewards show up in just that client's wallet. I want to control in who's wallet the coins are to show up and best would be to be able to reward more than one.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:04:40 PM

bitcoin id? wtf is that?

Whatever you call that thing after Bitcoin: in your signature.

I'm not planning to do pooled mining. My setup at home now has a miner and a bitcoin gui client running and somehow magically it manages to make rewards show up in just that client's wallet. I want to control in who's wallet the coins are to show up and best would be to be able to reward more than one.
you can point all the miners to a single server. that way, all the coins will be rewarded to one wallet. The server, of course will have to be offsite. If you want to split the earnings, just have a cron job that sends out bitcoins regularly.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 07:23:20 PM

want to split the earnings, just have a cron job that sends out bitcoins regularly.
a cron job to create a transaction 100 blocks later would be the by far inferior solution in my eyes.

well the whole point is to have the reward be charged to account(s) that are offline. As far as I understood, the miner needs the bitcoin "client" to connect to peers, collect the block chain and new transactions, determine the work to be done but it does not necessarily have to assign the mined block to an own id.

How is this done for example: http://blockexplorer.com/block/000000000000026210a972387c00e6db801346b32a815a996d698211d71a197c

ɃɃ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: