Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:35:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Post a spammer thread  (Read 2247 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 06:58:12 PM

It's a nice way to make money if you don't give a shit about bitcointalk and don't mind taking a dump all over the forum.  Can't these mongoloids find a more honest way to make money, like farming gold on WoW? (don't know if that's still done, but you get the point).  It's not an effortless job to rank up a bunch of BS accounts, especially if they're enrolled in signature campaigns that have rules, and it's not a super high-paying one either.  In fact, it takes some sort of hardcore, dedicated, insane scoundrelly type to come up with this shit to make money.
Farming gold on WoW is still done today. Just take a look at the big name marketplace sites such as Epicnpc and Sythe or even owned core.

Thanks for popping in lightyard12, you 1 line shit posting ,account selling, signature spammer.
"a nice way to make money if you don't give a shit about bitcointalk"
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 11:34:15 PM

Could be on a more massive scale.
Needs further investigation?

Tonight I looked through 100 previously unchecked, consecutive u=numbers, in the OP target range, and found 27 farmed active users. None had been banned
(about 5 not farmed active users in that 100 sample, the others inactive)

That is 5 farmed spam accounts for every 1 not farmed active account in my sample. (Those 5 may/may not be spammers, but they are not farmed)
No wonder bitcointalk is overrun.
Theymos must know this.

If anyone is interested, I will publish.
I thought people were worried about spam. These active farmed accounts are the root cause.

Is account farming allowed?
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 07:17:50 AM

My thanks to rizzlarolla for pointing out this thread.  I have started a thread Spambots (backlink spam and whatnot) - ie Zombie Accounts TM over yonder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1660106.0 which I hope will tackle / identify the bulk registered UID's using clearly identifiable markers such as MMM Global, MMM Extra, MMM Global Extra and the like.

Spambots that are registering en-mass only have (at this point in time) a finite set of values when they have registered in the past, so prior to now is fairly easy to identify these "Brand New" / "Newbie" accounts that are either inactive or are being brought into play (as rizzlarolla has noticed are farmed accounts) with again easy to identify markers such as all posting on the same day / were registered around the same time.

My research so far has been in identifying scammers through multiple Wallet Addresses, Facebook, Twitter, Skype or similar methodologies, so this kind of identification is an extension of the methods I have already been using.

I'll have a closer look through the previous posts to see what kind of contributions I can make here and I hope to see you all over on the other threads from time to time.

Regards,

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: