Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are protocols building to tackle what real life problems? Decentralized markets  (Read 401 times)
cowboys (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 06:06:07 PM

Lets build a list about pragmatic blockchains that are aiming to tackle real life problems? A quick lookup or index of some sort.  There is too much fud, hype, and drama - time killers.  All great projects fundamentally tackle real life problems.  

Synereo: Decentralized Social Media, redistribute wealth made from data mining off identities to users of the platform.

Steemit: Get paid to blog

Monereo: Privacy

Opair: Smart contracts, debit cards, crowd funding, and private chains

Syndicate: Business readiness.  Barcode scanners, pay employees with SYNX, encrypted employee details page (i.e identity theft is a problem these days), spend SYNX wherever BTC is spent

Niro: 526 encryption aimed to fight quantum computers, light speed transactions.

Whose building the decentralized market for cryptos to fight against Mt. Gox, and Bittrex scenarios?

Is someone building a decentralized email?

What coins do you know about?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:16:30 AM

Those are not real life problems. I would like to see crypto projects that tackle actual real life problems like poverty, centralization of electricity distribution, censorship, cheating in the voting process of our leaders and real anonimity online.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:49:46 AM

Those are not real life problems. I would like to see crypto projects that tackle actual real life problems like poverty, centralization of electricity distribution, censorship, cheating in the voting process of our leaders and real anonimity online.

I think poverty is not a "problem" but a normal aspect of life: there are winners and there are losers, and within the finite boundaries of an ecosystem, a population is always limited by those that die from starvation, which is what we call "poverty".  To me, poverty is a necessary clipping of the world population, and many of our problems come from our ill-fated perception that we should fight poverty.

I think that things like renewable energy sources are a perfect way to decentralize electricity production.  I have nothing against centralized electricity production if the market is free: if your nuclear power plant can provide you with cheaper electricity, that's good, but you are free to make your own with solar panels.
I don't think there should be any voting process, as I don't think that there should be any aristocracy dictating law.   Democracy is nothing else but the dictate of the (manipulated) majority.  It is better than a sole dictator, but individual freedom is still way better.
So the only things I agree with is fighting censorship and anonymity online.  That's what crypto is about, I would think.

The problem is that many people aren't interested in that, because they are or brainwashed into thinking that the state is not a criminal organisation, or are thinking that they will get their unfair advantage out of the state in some or other way.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:47:02 AM

Shadow will be releasing a marketplace soon.

https://shadowproject.io/en
cowboys (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:25:16 PM

Those are real life problems your just on philanthropist terms
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: