Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Paypal troubles?  (Read 1625 times)
gill83 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:20:02 PM

I ordered a BitForce Single SC last week (on friday) using Paypal. Although I was well aware of what's going on with BFL and all when I placed the order, a few hours later I had a gut feeling and canceled the order. I also created a "dispute" in Paypal over the transaction, just to make sure that Paypal will hold my funds in case BFL was planning to run away with all the funds in their Paypal. (Paypal automatically creates a "hold" whenever a dispute is created.)

BFL people refunded my order yesterday. However, Paypal is still "holding" the funds. In my experience, Paypal never holds the funds after the seller has resolved the dispute by refunding the money, except for the cases when they are investigating the seller for fraudulent activities. Is BFL still accepting Paypal? Has any other person noticed something similar?

I am getting wary of BFL each passing day. I don't know what to do with another order that I placed earlier in September last year and paid with BTC. I don't know whether to cancel it and ask for a refund while they are still trying to fool more people and would not want to create a scene with me? Or do you think they are really gonna ship? In that case I would love to sell my pre-order to you.
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:55:19 PM

So let me get this strait.

You ordered a unit in september. They still haven't shipped it. You can read in these forums that they haven't even tested the chips, and don't have a single working unit, and you GAVE THEM MORE MONEY, and NOW you're getting "wary" of them because paypal is a piece of shit.

You deserve to lose every cent you've lost to BFL and paypal
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:00:39 PM

Well I am certain I am not gonna lose the money with Paypal. I have years of experience dealing with Paypal and I know they are gonna look into it and ultimately release the hold. The question is why do they have it in first place. And as I said in my original post, it is usually when they are investigating the seller for fraudulent activity. They not only put a hold on the sellers funds, but also on all the recent refunds.

And no I (or any others) don't deserve to lose anything. The BFL people deserve to go to jail for running this scam.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:04:27 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 10:19:21 PM by Gator-hex

There's a 45 day limit on opening PayPal disputes.

Why do you think BFLs pre-order contract terms are 60 days and all sales are final.

By asking for a refund through PayPal you're in breach of contract. Wink

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

You are not the first to create a dispute in the last month. They are probably investigating the higher than average chargeback issues with BFL.
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:07:29 PM

There's a 45 day limit on opening PayPal disputes. BFLs pre-order contract terms are 60 days.  Wink

Thats an awesome scheme they are running. I thought Paypal didn't allow pre-order sales, where the shipping is expected to take more than 30 days. Maybe thats why they are investigating BFL.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:12:05 PM

Whoa, coming on a little strong there Frankie.

The guy/gal suspects that Paypal is investigating BFL and has frozen their account. This may be the case as I warned earlier (on BFL forums) of people choosing to do disputes first (who can blame them?).

So there it is. Now the refunds process may have a few snags for people through Paypal.

Then again...

Frankly, I don't give a damn.
Start every refund with a [legitimate] dispute.

100%digital

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:14:25 PM

I ordered a BitForce Single SC last week (on friday) using Paypal. Although I was well aware of what's going on with BFL and all when I placed the order, a few hours later I had a gut feeling and canceled the order. I also created a "dispute" in Paypal over the transaction, just to make sure that Paypal will hold my funds in case BFL was planning to run away with all the funds in their Paypal. (Paypal automatically creates a "hold" whenever a dispute is created.)

BFL people refunded my order yesterday. However, Paypal is still "holding" the funds. In my experience, Paypal never holds the funds after the seller has resolved the dispute by refunding the money, except for the cases when they are investigating the seller for fraudulent activities. Is BFL still accepting Paypal? Has any other person noticed something similar?

I am getting wary of BFL each passing day. I don't know what to do with another order that I placed earlier in September last year and paid with BTC. I don't know whether to cancel it and ask for a refund while they are still trying to fool more people and would not want to create a scene with me? Or do you think they are really gonna ship? In that case I would love to sell my pre-order to you.

god this is fail. i hope you lose all your money, and... this is a wild guess, but all your fucking litecoins too.

btc's new found fame is just killing this board with stupidness. i hate it.
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:14:29 PM

How long can I chargeback if I paid via PayPal and Visa? Is 120 or 180 days a good guess?

Obviously if I do so, I will contact BFL support first...
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:15:06 PM

Well I am certain I am not gonna lose the money with Paypal. I have years of experience dealing with Paypal and I know they are gonna look into it and ultimately release the hold. The question is why do they have it in first place. And as I said in my original post, it is usually when they are investigating the seller for fraudulent activity. They not only put a hold on the sellers funds, but also on all the recent refunds.

And no I (or any others) don't deserve to lose anything. The BFL people deserve to go to jail for running this scam.
There is an annual amount of refund set for each kind of account. I read before that it used to be 5k worth of refunds was acceptable. Then it was raised to 15k of refunds.

I am going to take a wild guess and say that they exceeded that by a long shot. So they are being investigated in all likelihood. If they close the account...I wonder if customers with legitimate orders still get their money back. Or if they just get disconnected without recompense.

Anyone have a clue? Is their money on the line?
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:16:06 PM

Whoa, coming on a little strong there Frankie.

The guy/gal suspects that Paypal is investigating BFL and has frozen their account. This may be the case as I warned earlier (on BFL forums) of people choosing to do disputes first (who can blame them?).

So there it is. Now the refunds process may have a few snags for people through Paypal.

Then again...

Frankly, I don't give a damn.
Start every refund with a [legitimate] dispute.

What I have observed thru my experience with Paypal is, that, even when your funds are on hold (as a seller), you can still issue refunds. But those refunds will have a hold on them as well. So it might very well be the case that their account was already put on a hold before they issued my refund. Buy all those refunds ultimately get their holds lifted.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

You should also call customer service and complain. Ask for the fraud department if you feel you do have a legitimate complaint.

Say these key phrases and they will kill the Paypal account in an instant.

"I was trying to buy my BitCoin Machine..."
"It makes BitCoins..."
"They were supposed to ship 9 months ago...I am still waiting"
"They have my money making machine...!"
"They take BitCoin payments too..."

Wham, instant shutdown.

(Well, just get your money out before you do this. Anyone left in line is either going to lose their money instantly or they will have their orders reversed instantly. Though maybe BFL will have one hell of an overdraft fee and have their business account closed as well.)
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:17:38 AM

There's a 45 day limit on opening PayPal disputes. BFLs pre-order contract terms are 60 days.  Wink

Thats an awesome scheme they are running. I thought Paypal didn't allow pre-order sales, where the shipping is expected to take more than 30 days. Maybe thats why they are investigating BFL.
The 30 days pre-order shouldn't be a problem since they say they will deliver in 4 weeks... since oktober?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:26:38 AM

Paying for BTC equipment with PayPal and getting burned, how ironic....  Cool

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:56:59 AM

I seem to remember a guy on IRC saying he had his paypal account suspended just for making an order from BFL, no dispute or refund or anything.  That he had to call paypal to get it unlocked, and that it was caused by the BFL account being involved in "suspicious activity".

I wish I could remember who.  Maybe it's in the logs...

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
aimoon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:06:38 PM

god this is fail. i hope you lose all your money, and... this is a wild guess, but all your fucking litecoins too.

You are a fail to humanaty mate, i hope you carry on with your shit life enjoying peoples missery and also enjoy.. this is a wild guess, but your tiny cock too.

Im sorry for using inapropiate vocabulary, but it just pisses me off so much that this guy comes here seeking for help worried because of loosing his money and this guy sais this..
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:07:53 PM

I had to call PayPal to be able to make the purchase because it seem locked by default.
gill83 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

You are a fail to humanaty mate, i hope you carry on with your shit life enjoying peoples missery and also enjoy.. this is a wild guess, but your tiny cock too.

Im sorry for using inapropiate vocabulary, but it just pisses me off so much that this guy comes here seeking for help worried because of loosing his money and this guy sais this..

Aimoon, just ignore assholes like these. Its usually an attention deprived loner with momma issues, who comes here to get some attention.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: