Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:11:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Amazon GCs @60-70  (Read 619 times)
shadow_hammer (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:02:14 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 06:19:21 AM by shadow_hammer

Hello, I want to buy $100-300 in Amazon GCs. Escrow is a must.
I have tried Paxful in the last few days but for some reason all buyers are completely unresponsive, even when online and the only one that answered wanted me to create a different account for some reason. We can do the trade in Paxful (preferred so I can build some rep), or using an escrow from the forums, either way I would be paying the fees if any. Let me know your offers
Do not PM me if you won't accept escrow
Best Regards
loadbearing

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:52:18 PM

When someone asks you to create a new account on paxful they want to scam you, since they already have some ratings and you come with a new account they send you a dead code and dispute that you don't want to release the btc and they win the dispute against a newly created account. most of the people on paxful with those high and unbelievable amounts are out to scam people, most of them tried it with me and they all lost the disputes because I had a lot of trust there, some force you to release the btc before you receive what you bought.
shadow_hammer (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:06:37 AM

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that. Good thing I refused, still I know better than to release the funds in escrow before payment.
loadbearing

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:47:00 AM

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that. Good thing I refused, still I know better than to release the funds in escrow before payment.
That is not ow t works, they won't even respond to you after you place an order, I was also suprized when I saw the disputes for items I was buying and there were no responses to my messages from the seller and Paxful doesn't even bother contacting you, I think in my case it was because their investigation showed the seller as the one trying to scam me and I won all the disputes within a few minutes and without me even noticing, I only noticed the BTC in my wallet and the trade cancelled. Be very careful on that trading platform,there are a lot of ways to scam and this is one of the new ones I saw.
shadow_hammer (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:52:15 PM

That is not ow t works, they won't even respond to you after you place an order, I was also suprized when I saw the disputes for items I was buying and there were no responses to my messages from the seller and Paxful doesn't even bother contacting you, I think in my case it was because their investigation showed the seller as the one trying to scam me and I won all the disputes within a few minutes and without me even noticing, I only noticed the BTC in my wallet and the trade cancelled. Be very careful on that trading platform,there are a lot of ways to scam and this is one of the new ones I saw.
Are you saying someone reported you and they didn't write even a word? Don't know how he expected to win the case, Yesterday some guy tried to scam me with fake Amazon Codes. Reported him and won the case, but Paxful didn't contact me directly or anything. About the unresponsive users, I see they usually only trade with a small group of people. My theory is that it's a single person trading with himself to build up account rep and then resell the account.
loadbearing

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 07:42:52 PM

Yes, it's usually 1 person with multiple accounts and just keeps trading with himself for  small accounts to gain some trust and newbies usually release funds without even receiving a thing, some guys will type so fast you end up getting confused and releasing btc without even realizing it, some of these guys are professionals.
Fedorfan

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:54:20 PM

I have a $30 Amazon e-gift code I haven't got around to using yet if you're interested?
shadow_hammer (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:27:25 AM

I have a $30 Amazon e-gift code I haven't got around to using yet if you're interested?
I've replied to your PM
Fedorfan

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:48:57 PM

I agree with your proposals. Sent PM
Fedorfan

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:06:08 PM

Just completed transaction with shadow_hammer. Couldn't have gone smoother!
loadbearing

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:02:10 AM

That's good to know there are still some people you can trade with and not get screwed like 90% of the newbies on this forum.
shadow_hammer (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:36:42 PM

That's good to know there are still some people you can trade with and not get screwed like 90% of the newbies on this forum.
Yes, In my short time here, someone already tried to scam me once, and got 4 offers that also looked like scams.
Jakez
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:44:13 PM

I can help you on this. Please sent your contact details through PM.
shadow_hammer (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:10:28 PM

BUMP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: