Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:00:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we get Google to stop spellchecking "Bitcoin"  (Read 1344 times)
BIGMERVE (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 11:49:40 PM

I use Chrome and it bothers me every time I see that damn red squiggly line under "bitcoin". I know I can just click add to dictionary, but it should be considered a legitimate word.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 11:51:26 PM

Firefox also offers to spellcheck bitcoin into bitchiness

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:15:56 AM

worse is when iOS automatically splits it into "bit coin"

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:18:20 AM

While you're at it, make sure they continue to flag "BitCoin" as a misspelling.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:25:55 AM

While you're at it, make sure they continue to flag "BitCoin" as a misspelling.

+1

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
WiW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:35:14 AM

Okay, adding bitcoin to the spelling dictionary is not what's going to do anything. It will be added once bitcoin is considered a legitimate word by enough people.

This is like complaining that a google search is bringing up what most people expect it to bring up but a small minority of people disagree with the results. While we're at it lets get them to add crypto-anarchists and [insert archaic/net-yet-well-known term here]...
phatsphere

Activity: 763

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:32:02 AM

as long as "BitCoin" (*shiver*) is listed here http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bitcoin we will not get rid of it. A native speaker should add more examples and remove this misspelling.
prof7bit

Activity: 938

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 09:56:54 AM

I use Chrome and it bothers me every time I see that damn red squiggly line under "bitcoin". I know I can just click add to dictionary, but it should be considered a legitimate word.

"Bitcoin" is a name and "bitcoin" would be a noun. If the spellchecker flags names then it is broken anyways.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:23:46 AM

"Bitcoin" is a name and "bitcoin" would be a noun. If the spellchecker flags names then it is broken anyways.

Bitcoin. adasdasd bitcoin. asdasdasd Bitcoin. Bitcoin.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:21:13 PM

satoshi needs to be added aswell, its definition could be the bitcoin dollar

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:36:41 PM

Okay, adding bitcoin to the spelling dictionary is not what's going to do anything. It will be added once bitcoin is considered a legitimate word by enough people.

This is like complaining that a Google search is bringing up what most people expect it to bring up but a small minority of people disagree with the results. While we're at it lets get them to add crypto-anarchists and [insert archaic/net-yet-well-known term here]...

Not really the same thing. I would assume that there is some default dictionary that comes with Google chrome? All we would need is for somebody to add "bitcoin" to the default dictionary and then it would be fixed for everybody. Not really the same as doing a websearch. Unless Google chrome is somehow searching the web to decide weather a word is spelled wrong? Seeing how people actually spell things on the web would be a disaster, have you seen how people spell things on any comments around the web?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:54:39 PM

worse is when iOS automatically splits it into "bit coin"

Add Bitcoin as a contact under iOS.  FIXED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: