Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop The Puppy Slaughter!  (Read 3698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hellflame (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:44:25 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 09:09:56 PM by hellflame
Merited by OgNasty (5)

Text below is quoted from petition site.

"For the Yulin dog meat festival, some dogs are stolen from their owners and beaten or bled to death. Then they’re hung upside down from hooks, a slit cut from their anus and skin ripped off their bodies, and sold to be eaten.

The suffering must be unbearable -- new research shows that in terms of emotion, dogs' brains are much like ours, something dog owners and lovers understand well. When we see dogs for what they are -- living beings with thoughts and feelings -- the torture they endure at this 'festival' becomes unimaginable.

Already thousands of Chinese citizens have spoken out against the festival, but authorities won’t act until they see how badly it’s hurting China’s global image, which they’ve been working hard to improve. That’s where we come in. Let’s show the Chinese government that the world cares about this puppy slaughter and wants them to stop it immediately!

Please consider signing petition below or search for other petitions or information about Chinese barbaric cultural practices online.

Thank you!"

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_puppy_slaughter_loc/?pv=539&rc=fb

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_puppy_slaughter_loc/?copy

http://www.care2.com/causes/yulin-dog-meat-festival-proceeds-despite-outcry.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/441/776/138/end-yulin-dog-meat-eating-festival/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 07:51:29 PM

So what's the difference (other than cultural) between killing dogs for consumption and killing cows/pigs? All of those animals have brains  capable of feeling pain/stress/trauma.
I'm sure there are people in India disgusted by 'westerners' slaughtering cows. Why would you expect Chinese to abandon their tradition and adjust to western ones?

Are you advocating for complete ban on dog meat or just for 'humanitarian' killing?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
botija

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:50:22 PM

So what's the difference (other than cultural) between killing dogs for consumption and killing cows/pigs? All of those animals have brains  capable of feeling pain/stress/trauma.
I'm sure there are people in India disgusted by 'westerners' slaughtering cows. Why would you expect Chinese to abandon their tradition and adjust to western ones?

Are you advocating for complete ban on dog meat or just for 'humanitarian' killing?

The big difference is that these dogs are beaten to death.

I remember like back in the year 2000 or so hearing that because of the stupidity of people and the illogical superstition that that stupidity causes, some people hang these dogs up on a rope and then beat them to death, for the sole purpose that they heard that killing the dog to death that way is going to create a meat that is going to give them a firmer erection.
hellflame (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:58:48 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 09:14:27 PM by hellflame

I am advocating a ban on how these people are allowed to kill these animals including how they obtain them and breed them etc.If their culture allows the eating of dog meat then it should be done in a strict regulated envoirnment that minimises stress and eliminates cruelty.

There is a major difference in how these animals are being treated and how animals are culled/slaughtered in western abbatoirs with strict guidelines and regulations and sanitary conditions.

In my personal opinion these people are no different than the terrorist savages due to their sheer lack of compassion towards a creature and their capacity to take pleasure from its distress in many cases but of course that is only a personal opinion.

Hmmm as a matter of curiousity are you supporting the barbaric behaviour related to the thread or you are against it.Which is it?

Your post below with the photo on this thread depicts this very subject so do you support this behaviour?Your use of the subject matter in an attempt to retort to the OP with some form of humour seems to collaborate this or is this just a coincidence perhaps?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1546667.msg15551964#msg15551964  

kurniawaN

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 09:04:30 PM

I definitely against animal cruelty regardless cultural impact.
If they want to consume these animals, it should be slaughtered in good way...

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:57:27 PM

So what's the difference (other than cultural) between killing dogs for consumption and killing cows/pigs? All of those animals have brains  capable of feeling pain/stress/trauma.

I am advocating a ban on how these people are allowed to kill these animals including how they obtain them and breed them etc.If their culture allows the eating of dog meat then it should be done in a strict regulated envoirnment that minimises stress and eliminates cruelty.

There is a major difference in how these animals are being treated and how animals are culled/slaughtered in western abbatoirs with strict guidelines and regulations and sanitary conditions.

In my personal opinion these people are no different than the terrorist savages due to their sheer lack of compassion towards a creature and their capacity to take pleasure from its distress in many cases but of course that is only a personal opinion.

Hmmm as a matter of curiousity are you supporting the barbaric behaviour related to the thread or you are against it.Which is it?

Your post below with the photo on this thread depicts this very subject so do you support this behaviour?Your use of the subject matter in an attempt to retort to the OP with some form of humour seems to collaborate this or is this just a coincidence perhaps?

I support the idea of killing without pain and as fast as possible.

But we Westerners suck (nearly) as much as Asians in this regard.

Just look at mass husbandry in western nation's especially in the USA - I hope you have a strong stomach.

Or just do it like me and only buy organic food from free range husbandry. It is quite expensive in comparison to "normal" food though.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:51:48 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 04:14:34 AM by popcorn1

Dogs are mans best friend that's the difference..FUCK YOU CHINA FOR EATING DOGS Angry..And any other country who eats dogs..

Why would you expect Chinese to abandon their tradition and adjust to western ones?

You already do when you wear a 3 piece suit Wink Wink..TOTAL BRITISH THE 3 PIECE SUIT..
Chinese the best cooks in the whole world..FACT..And we wonder why because you will eat anything..

You are right about if we eat pigs it's 2 faced..BUT A DOG  Angry Angry Angry Angry..
I class a dog the same as a human..Little bit more for the human BUT NOT MUCH MORE..

Yes complete ban on dog meat..
Oh and china have no pity on any animal..If it crawls and swims eat it that's your motto..
Mind you didn't you Chinese eat each other at one stage in history..Fried human eye balls 12 for 5 yuan Grin Grin..

Some animals should never be killed for food Grin

googie4

Activity: 300

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

So what's the difference (other than cultural) between killing dogs for consumption and killing cows/pigs? All of those animals have brains  capable of feeling pain/stress/trauma.

I support the idea of killing without pain and as fast as possible.

But we Westerners suck (nearly) as much as Asians in this regard.

Just look at mass husbandry in western nation's especially in the USA - I hope you have a strong stomach.

Or just do it like me and only buy organic food from free range husbandry. It is quite expensive in comparison to "normal" food though.

That is true. We suck almost just as much. But at least we have laws against beating animals, any animal to death.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:59:58 AM

For the Yulin dog meat festival, some dogs are stolen from their owners and beaten or bled to death. Then they’re hung upside down from hooks, a slit cut from their anus and skin ripped off their bodies, and sold to be eaten.

The suffering must be unbearable -- new research shows that in terms of emotion, dogs' brains are much like ours, something dog owners and lovers understand well. When we see dogs for what they are -- living beings with thoughts and feelings -- the torture they endure at this 'festival' becomes unimaginable.

Already thousands of Chinese citizens have spoken out against the festival, but authorities won’t act until they see how badly it’s hurting China’s global image, which they’ve been working hard to improve. That’s where we come in. Let’s show the Chinese government that the world cares about this puppy slaughter and wants them to stop it immediately!

Please consider signing petition below or search for other petitions or information about Chinese barbaric cultural practices online.

Thank you!

http://www.care2.com/causes/yulin-dog-meat-festival-proceeds-despite-outcry.html

oh god this must be need to stop is your government dont stop them?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:00:49 PM

Stop trying to take away the freedom of people to do with their own property what they want. If you don't, you will find that your freedom will be taken away, as well.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:40:28 PM

As usual idiots dont read the OP.     It's the way they are slaughtered!! they are tortured stop comparing it to other animals being eaten.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:58:54 PM

As usual idiots dont read the OP.     It's the way they are slaughtered!! they are tortured stop comparing it to other animals being eaten.

Sure, stop the slaughter. But don't do it by any kind of force whatever. Such is taking away the freedom of people to use their property as they want. Rather, do it in the court of public opinion. Embarrass the slaughterers. But don't take their freedom away until they start to do it to people.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
apollofire

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:16:03 PM

Yes, it should be stopped immediately. Its a slaughter + torture. Government should enforce that but dont think they will do it bez of vote bank politics. Wise People should boycott such hotels, restaurants and places where dog meat is selling.

I am still Selling.

Email: thecableguy.livetv@gmail.com
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:18:06 PM

Yes, it should be stopped immediately. Its a slaughter + torture. Government should enforce that but dont think they will do it bez of vote bank politics. Wise People should boycott such hotels, restaurants and places where dog meat is selling.

Oh come on. Stop your puppy slobber. I want my freedom, and you want yours. But even if you don't want yours, you just might have to take mine away from me over my smoking gun.

Cool

plpbtc1526

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:53:39 PM

Its hard to see how they threat dogs like this. Im not a pet lover but this does not mean i dont care for them. Dog is just like family to us. Why they doing this just for their culture? Dog is meant to be eaten coz it has rabies and cannot be kill it even if its well cooked. Chinese are disgusting.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:29:47 PM

i understand that this is already a tradition and that traditions should be respected, however, in my personal opinion, i think the yulin festival is something that needs to be looked into as the way they slaughter the dogs is very inhumane. there are cattle and poultry animals that are bred for consumption but here, some dogs are taken from their owners and are killed in some of the most harsh way. dogs are domestic animals and as much as i would like to say i respect the yulin dog meat tradition, it really makes me sick

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:12:05 PM

[/quote]

Or endangered species...

For the little puppy lovers out there... You know, everything you eat has been killed. I find this topic quite pathetic... The world burns and your consciousness can only grasp this... Interesting... I have a foundation setup that care less about dogs... Would you mind making a donation? Cheesy
[/quote]

Go jump off a bridge you waste of skin
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:23:41 PM

Or endangered species...

For the little puppy lovers out there... You know, everything you eat has been killed. I find this topic quite pathetic... The world burns and your consciousness can only grasp this... Interesting... I have a foundation setup that care less about dogs... Would you mind making a donation? Cheesy

======================================

Go jump off a bridge you waste of skin

Puppy farm America. Eat free or die.    Cool

dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:34:13 PM

For the Yulin dog meat festival, some dogs are stolen from their owners and beaten or bled to death. Then they’re hung upside down from hooks, a slit cut from their anus and skin ripped off their bodies, and sold to be eaten.

Thank you!

oh god this must be need to stop is your government dont stop them?

Dog or cow, how can you look at them and the slaughter them. I understand that we have to eat, but still.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 05:43:36 AM

So sad to read this thread.  The government of China should take some actions in stopping this kind of festival.  I do not know why they are tolerating this kind of crime.  Can they not do other festival using other animal like animals that were raised for human consumption rather than killing these poor dogs whom we were addressed as bestfriends.  These were very loyal companions, they will always have happy thoughts about you.  Others will betray you and will leave you but this purbabies will never will.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: