Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop The Puppy Slaughter!  (Read 3699 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:48:25 AM

Dog meat festival is a part of china's culture ( if im not mistaken ). People from outside china view it as something that is wrong and immoral, considering that dogs are living beings that are meant to be cared and loved. Dogs dont deserve to be treated this way that's why this festival is criticized by animal welfare and animal rights, though i dont see people complaining about pigs and cows being slaughtered and eaten.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
hellflame (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 06:48:18 PM

Text below is quoted from petition site.

"For the Yulin dog meat festival, some dogs are stolen from their owners and beaten or bled to death. Then they’re hung upside down from hooks, a slit cut from their anus and skin ripped off their bodies, and sold to be eaten.

The suffering must be unbearable -- new research shows that in terms of emotion, dogs' brains are much like ours, something dog owners and lovers understand well. When we see dogs for what they are -- living beings with thoughts and feelings -- the torture they endure at this 'festival' becomes unimaginable.

Already thousands of Chinese citizens have spoken out against the festival, but authorities won’t act until they see how badly it’s hurting China’s global image, which they’ve been working hard to improve. That’s where we come in. Let’s show the Chinese government that the world cares about this puppy slaughter and wants them to stop it immediately!

Please consider signing petition below or search for other petitions or information about Chinese barbaric cultural practices online.

Thank you!"

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_puppy_slaughter_loc/?pv=539&rc=fb

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_puppy_slaughter_loc/?copy

http://www.care2.com/causes/yulin-dog-meat-festival-proceeds-despite-outcry.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/441/776/138/end-yulin-dog-meat-eating-festival/

Bump
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 07:00:08 PM

Dog meat festival is a part of china's culture ( if im not mistaken ). People from outside china view it as something that is wrong and immoral, considering that dogs are living beings that are meant to be cared and loved. Dogs dont deserve to be treated this way that's why this festival is criticized by animal welfare and animal rights, though i dont see people complaining about pigs and cows being slaughtered and eaten.

You're not going to get a better, wiser, saner, free-er China by worrying about and criticizing their use of dogs.

You might get it by carefully criticizing certain aspects of the human rights and freedom issues.

But the extent of prejudice against Westerners in China runs deep. More likely the generations that knew what Mao was will just die off, then the younger generations will see things very differently. Mostly.
hellflame (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 07:05:05 PM

You're not going to get a better, wiser, saner, free-er China by worrying about and criticizing their use of dogs.

You might get it by carefully criticizing certain aspects of the human rights and freedom issues.

But the extent of prejudice against Westerners in China runs deep. More likely the generations that knew what Mao was will just die off, then the younger generations will see things very differently. Mostly.

I hope they eventually get time to read the gospel.If everyone lived as best they could by it I think humankind would be healed.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 08:06:40 PM

I hope they eventually get time to read the gospel.If everyone lived as best they could by it I think humankind would be healed.

Well, today the remotest village is wired into the Internet, and although there are attempts to reshape in in China and other totalitarian regimes, I doubt they could ever succeed in banishing a book from being available to any one who sought it. That's at least one improvement over the past, when information was limited to paper.
Mauser

Activity: 1848
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 01:32:52 PM

This is just sickening, how can people eat such a meat and make a festival about it? But then again China doesn't really care what the rest of the world thinks and just do their own stuff. If such a festival would be held in my country I am pretty sure there would come a lot of people and tell you otherwise. There would be no guarantee on the security of particanpts. I understand that there are cultural differences between different countries, but dogs are such good hearted beings. If trained well they would do anything for their owners. Dog meat should be banned anywhere.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 04:22:38 PM

This is just sickening, how can people eat such a meat and make a festival about it? But then again China doesn't really care what the rest of the world thinks and just do their own stuff. If such a festival would be held in my country I am pretty sure there would come a lot of people and tell you otherwise. There would be no guarantee on the security of particanpts. I understand that there are cultural differences between different countries, but dogs are such good hearted beings. If trained well they would do anything for their owners. Dog meat should be banned anywhere.
I'm pretty certain the dogs would love dog meat...
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2020, 10:52:32 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 11:03:23 PM by Spendulus

I have been struggling to figure a moral and ethical way to resolve this crisis, and after much thought I have a fully scientifically solution for your consideration.

We take 30 dogs for these tests. To qualify the dogs MUST BE peoples' pets.

The 30 dogs are put into the cages in the Testing Area, where each day they are presented with two bowls of food (A) dry cereal dogwood, typical of what they've had all their loving life (B) barbecued puppy.

Supervising humans with clipboards record whether the dogs ate (A) or (B).

At the end of a week, the dogs are released back to their owners with packages of the preferred food.

If a statistically significant fraction of the dogs preferred (A) then all dog meat festivals should be banned forever. If a statistically significatantological fraction of the dogs prefer (B) then the matter shall be banned from Twitter.
hellflame (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 09:25:01 PM

I have been struggling to figure a moral and ethical way to resolve this crisis, and after much thought I have a fully scientifically solution for your consideration.

We take 30 dogs for these tests. To qualify the dogs MUST BE peoples' pets.

The 30 dogs are put into the cages in the Testing Area, where each day they are presented with two bowls of food (A) dry cereal dogwood, typical of what they've had all their loving life (B) barbecued puppy.

At the end of a week, the dogs are released back to their owners with packages of the preferred food.

If a statistically significant fraction of the dogs preferred (A) then all dog meat festivals should be banned forever. If a statistically significatantological fraction of the dogs prefer (B) then the matter shall be banned from Twitter.

This suggestion reminds me of King Solomon for some reason
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2020, 10:13:43 PM

It should not. There, the baby was not given a choice.
Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 09:42:48 AM

Human beings do awfull things to other animals and creatures they thing because they have a brain and they can think they could do whatever rhey want but the problem is not dogs only a lot of animals are slaughtered that their body parts can be sold and its similer to torture because they have emotions too i would be happy to help these animals.
hellflame (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 01:37:11 PM

It should not. There, the baby was not given a choice.

Ah you are familiar with scripture? You probably are right in this case but it somehow did nevertheless.A good righteous response on your behalf though.Have a blessed day.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 01:50:03 PM

Ah you are familiar with scripture? You probably are right ...

Admit it, dogs deprived of their daily barbecued puppy allotment would be very sad.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 02:48:41 PM

Dogs are food, if you want to eat them. They, also, are living beings. Treat them well before you kill them for food, if that is what you want to do. After all, you wouldn't be mean to beef cattle before you slaughtered them, would you? You treat cattle well, because they produce better food for you that way. Well treated dogs would be better tasting food if you treat them well before slaughter.

Orientals have a different mindset than Europeans and Americans. To Europeans and Americans, the Oriental mindset looks mean. And when you compare it to standard love, it seems to be this way. But because of their mindset, hurting animals being used for food is not wrong to many of them.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 10:44:47 PM

Ah you are familiar with scripture? You probably are right in this case but it somehow did nevertheless.A good righteous response on your behalf though.Have a blessed day.

So far, you have definitely not passed the Turing test.
hellflame (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 11:53:32 AM

So far, you have definitely not passed the Turing test.

I only am interested in passing one test if it's put to me, by a greater one than you my friend Smiley.I too am doubting your ability to pass such a test either considering how a beer Aficionado refers to beer as a spirit on my other thread and not a beverage? Sad
hellflame (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2020, 12:01:13 PM

Dogs are food, if you want to eat them. They, also, are living beings. Treat them well before you kill them for food, if that is what you want to do. After all, you wouldn't be mean to beef cattle before you slaughtered them, would you? You treat cattle well, because they produce better food for you that way. Well treated dogs would be better tasting food if you treat them well before slaughter.

Orientals have a different mindset than Europeans and Americans. To Europeans and Americans, the Oriental mindset looks mean. And when you compare it to standard love, it seems to be this way. But because of their mindset, hurting animals being used for food is not wrong to many of them.

Cool

Yes and to be clear on the matter.I am not taking issue with peoples freedom to eat meat from anything to remove their hunger.The point being made is referring to the text below and many other unnecessary abuses that take place in some cases far worse than this.If they can do this to an animal in some cases where they derive pleasure from the activity then there is absolutely no doubt they would do the same to a human if the law permitted it and their level of deprivation was increased further.

For the Yulin dog meat festival, some dogs are stolen from their owners and beaten or bled to death. Then they’re hung upside down from hooks, a slit cut from their anus and skin ripped off their bodies (many while still alive and conscious), and sold to be eaten.

The suffering must be unbearable -- new research shows that in terms of emotion, dogs' brains are much like ours, something dog owners and lovers understand well. When we see dogs for what they are -- living beings with thoughts and feelings -- the torture they endure at this 'festival' becomes unimaginable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: