Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime  (Read 402304 times)
drumingspz

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:19:04 PM

What an awesome tool!  Thanks!

░░░░░░░▄▄█████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄██████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████▄▄░░░░░░
░░▄██████████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░
██████████████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████▄░░
▄███████████████████████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████▄░░░▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████▀░░░░░▀████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░▀█████████████████▀░░
░░███████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████▀░░░░
░░░▀███████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░░░▀█████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
mira  ▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Cryptocurrencies have never been so easy
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Google+
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄

[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milone (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 06:07:54 AM

milone, do you have any estimate for public release of CGRemote? Are you still implementing new features, or is that part of development finished?

I don't have an estimate, there are still several new features to finish. There may be some big news coming in the next week or two.

I'll also be looking at CGWatcher scheduler... if anyone can email me cgwatcher.log files (inside CGWatcher folder) after a action is not triggered when it should be, I'd appreciate it. Also make sure you are using the latest version, as there have been some minor updates recently. You can always find the latest version at http://www.cgwatcher.com, and minor updates may not trigger an auto-update because I only set that to happen for big releases. I'm working on an option to always update for minor releases or only update for major releases.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
xangma

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:27:06 AM

I cannot tell you how useful this is.

Is there any chance of adding multiple mining programs to the same profile?
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 01:03:23 PM

A little printscreen for you as restaring cgremote is no longer resolving hostname Smiley As you can see in settings it is able to properly resolve, but for some strange reason still uses old IP to connect:

Stupid image downsize. You have to take my word for it Tongue

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
dinfinity

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:17:03 PM

First: thanks for a great program!

Second, two requests:
1. Please move the current hashing rate back to the start of the window title. It is the most important information.
2. Add a default miner location setting (or miner management or something). It isn't very useful to have to point to the same cgminer.exe every time a new mining profile is created.
jochem

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

https://dgb.luckyminers.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 08:18:20 PM

Please make a CGWatcher for Linux, my KNC miner would love it!

Come mine Digibyte  DDOS Protected Server!
Hyacin

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:03:12 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 03:19:06 PM by Hyacin

Great, great program.  Thank you so much!  I will be mining for you as a donation for sure.  WELL deserved!

Feature idea -

Being able to plug in pool API keys and then mine until an automatic payout.

The idea of hopping around to most profitable is great, but let's say I spend two days mining something because it's most profitable, then it sinks and I switch, and it *never* tops the list again.  Let's say the amount I mined in those two days was not enough for a payout!  I've just wasted two days (unless I go back manually and then watch it, etc.)

I would LOVE to be able to say - "Mine X until I get a payout, then switch to Y until I get a payout, then switch to Z until I get a payout, then rinse and repeat."

Keep up the GREAT work.  What an awesome tool!  Shame there isn't anything of the sort for Linux!
Dekker3D

Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:34:46 PM

Great, great program.  Thank you so much!  I will be mining for you as a donation for sure.  WELL deserved!

Feature idea -

The idea of hopping around to most profitable is great, but let's say I spend two days mining something because it's most profitable, then it sinks and I switch, and it *never* tops the list again.  Let's say the amount I mined in those two days was not enough for a payout!  I've just wasted two days (unless I go back manually and then watch it, etc.)

I would LOVE to be able to say - "Mine X until I get a payout, then switch to Y until I get a payout, then switch to Z until I get a payout, then rinse and repeat."

Keep up the GREAT work.  What an awesome tool!  Shame there isn't anything of the sort for Linux!
That'd require some kind of common mining pool api. Could be awesome, but I don't think it exists right now. It shouldn't be a problem anyway, unless you're using really old/odd hardware to mine with.

milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:04:20 PM

A little printscreen for you as restaring cgremote is no longer resolving hostname Smiley As you can see in settings it is able to properly resolve, but for some strange reason still uses old IP to connect:

Stupid image downsize. You have to take my word for it Tongue

Are you clicking Save after you click the Resolve Hostname button? It shouldn't be necessary to, but can you try that and see if it works so I can narrow down where the problem is?

First: thanks for a great program!

Second, two requests:
1. Please move the current hashing rate back to the start of the window title. It is the most important information.
2. Add a default miner location setting (or miner management or something). It isn't very useful to have to point to the same cgminer.exe every time a new mining profile is created.

Done and done. Will be in next update. Instead of a setting, it will automatically default to whichever miner path you use most.

Please make a CGWatcher for Linux, my KNC miner would love it!

Check out CGRemote. It will have all of the features CGWatcher has. I already have several KnC miners in the beta. CGRemote is designed to run on a Windows computer, but there are users reporting it works well in Wine and Windows virtual machines. Once the desktop application is complete there will be a web application, which will allow for tablet/phone apps.

Feature idea -

As Dekker3D said, this would require a standard pool API. It would be great if all pools would do this, but I'll leave it up to you to talk to them all. Wink

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
gujo82

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

Anyone here able to use cgwatcher to monitor a butterfly labs Asic?

have my bfl connected to a rigg running 3x 6970, so already have one instance running. But starting a 2nd instance only sees the gpu-cgwatcher.

Iam running cgminer for my bfl (same as for the gpu's).
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:06:17 PM

have my bfl connected to a rigg running 3x 6970, so already have one instance running. But starting a 2nd instance only sees the gpu-cgwatcher.

See this comment about running multiple instances of CGWatcher. There are two things you must do to ensure it works correctly: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159267.msg3853830#msg3853830

gujo82

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:25:02 PM

See this comment about running multiple instances of CGWatcher. There are two things you must do to ensure it works correctly: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159267.msg3853830#msg3853830

Ahh ofc, didnt think about the API port. Works great now with 2 instances, thanks! Smiley
eckoflyte

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:13:40 AM

A good option to add to the current feature set would be 'restart computer if hash rate falls below xxx Kh/s'.

My computer very occasionally has a driver crash sending all the cards into super slow mode and only a reboot will fix this.

I believe this will further reinforce the concept of minimizing downtime even further.

Thanks for the great app.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 09:55:16 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 05:54:24 PM by fredeq

Sorry I was sick terribly past few days. will check the save option later today around 8pm UTC.

Edit:
Save did not work. It started to work after I deleted some letters from hostname, saved and then input it correctly.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:27:55 PM

A good option to add to the current feature set would be 'restart computer if hash rate falls below xxx Kh/s'.

My computer very occasionally has a driver crash sending all the cards into super slow mode and only a reboot will fix this.

I believe this will further reinforce the concept of minimizing downtime even further.

Thanks for the great app.

This is in the next update, I just finished coding it.

Sorry I was sick terribly past few days. will check the save option later today around 8pm UTC.

Edit:
Save did not work. It started to work after I deleted some letters from hostname, saved and then input it correctly.

Ok. I'm working on this and it will hopefully be fixed in the next update. A lot going on this week so I didn't get to work on it as much as I hoped, but I should have more time this next week.

milone, PLEASE, change the automatically starting (ensure it keeps running blabla something) mining option, I beg you!
I was experimenting with some settings, and it doesn't work, messing up the screen and I have to do a hard reset. Now everytime I start CGWatcher, it shuts my PC down within ten seconds. Repeatedly clicking on cancel/stop/whatever I can find in the program window does not work, because the damn thing simply starts again. Jesus!!

I suggest to change it just slightly into "ensure the miner keeps running only after initially starting it manually".
Please!

If you stop the miner using CGWatcher (Pause Mining or Stop buttons), it should not restart the miner automatically. If it does, please let me know. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, because the miner is almost always initially started by the user. I'm also not sure why CGWatcher would cause your computer to restart (unless you tell it to). While it is waiting for the miner to start, you can click the Cancel button at the bottom of the window to abort... but it may take several seconds to actually quit everything. I'm not against changing it if you find that you're fighting it more than it's helping... I just need you to explain in a little more detail what is happening or a step-by-step guide to reproduce it. This option has been in CGWatcher a long time and this is the first I've been asked to change it.

farkedup

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:17:40 AM

did that last bug fix update get pushed out to the auto update yet? I thought I had auto update set but nothing pushed through.

Has cgremote been updated in a while? I'm having weird connection issues lately. I have 8 machines and it seems to lag quite a bit when I first open it and it just doesn't seem responsive for a while
eckoflyte

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:19:01 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 03:34:24 AM by eckoflyte

I, like many others, am also having issues with the scheduler using version 1.3.4.5

I've setup a scheduler to switch to the most profitable profile (adjusted) every 5 minutes. It will run once when I just startup CGwatcher for the first time, but then will not run anymore.

Up until today, I was using 1.3.3 with the exact same settings and it worked fine.

Is there any reference to the scheduler in the log? I dont think i changed anything as far as the schedule goes other than performing a few additional checks to make sure things run as expected. I'll go over it again to see if i missed something. keep in mind if you create an action to switch to most profitable profile and the most profitable profile is the profile you're already using.. nothing will happen. It should create a log entry if an action is skipped/ignored, successful, or fails.

But this could be a bug somewhere... I'll go over it tonight. Any relevant log entries related to the scheduler not working would be helpful and appreciated.
same problem here no profile switching only one time after restart

I've attached the log in regards to this scheduler issue. Also some screenshots of my settings.
https://app.box.com/s/i8yxdiagdhkh8o5kjno5

Settings:
https://app.box.com/s/dkeb4lmmy3ak7eypq239
https://app.box.com/s/egwctoef0a5vmycb8gya
https://app.box.com/s/vkwoxb6i6m55ygohh9oh

It won't even switch profile (Scheduled) on the initial restart anymore, just simply will not run.

I am also having this issue where the miner continually restarts itself for no reason every few minutes. The log reveals nothing other then the miner was closed outside of CGWatcher. Since I have the "ensure miner stays running" option checked, itll try and get itself up and running again. But this process will only repeat itself again a few minutes later. All the information is in the log.
deeber

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:42:37 AM

Are the sources for this software available? I understand that CGRemote is beta only at this point but if we donate to access the beta, are we provided source code to make our own tweaks?
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:02:41 AM

eckoflyte: Can you please try the test build available here: http://bit.ly/cgw134test and let me know if it improves any? At the very least, it should provide some additional information in the log as to why an action gets skipped. If it doesn't fix the scheduling issue, please email me a debug report (go to Tests tab, click Create Debug Report button) and the cgwatcher.log file from the CGWatcher folder.

I've been testing the scheduling all day and it is working without incident. But you're not the only one who has reported it not working correctly, so I'm sure there is a problem somewhere. I just need some help narrowing down where to look.

The "Ensure miner stays running" should also be less aggressive in this test build.

farkedup: It has been a little while... I've been working on some things that have delayed progress on it but will soon allow me to devote a lot more time to it. That and the CGWatcher scheduling problem that I've been hunting. I should have some news to announce in the next week.

deeber: I don't have an answer for this at the moment. There are no plans to release CGRemote's source any time soon, but CGWatcher's source may be released at some point.

Octopuss: I understand what you are saying. I guess what I would expect in that situation is to not enable this feature until you are happy with your miner configuration and the miner is stable. It has been a feature for quite some time now, so if I change its behavior it may cause unexpected results for other users.

Anyone is free to try the test build linked above. Among other improvements, it allows you to delay CGWatcher's startup when Windows starts, should fix the CGRemote "restart computer" command, and hopefully fixes date/time settings for users with 24 hour time format (no AM/PM). It should be considered experimental, so if it doesn't work correctly you can always download the last stable release from cgwatcher.com.

eckoflyte

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:45:09 AM

eckoflyte: Can you please try the test build available here: http://bit.ly/cgw134test and let me know if it improves any? At the very least, it should provide some additional information in the log as to why an action gets skipped. If it doesn't fix the scheduling issue, please email me a debug report (go to Tests tab, click Create Debug Report button) and the cgwatcher.log file from the CGWatcher folder.

I've been testing the scheduling all day and it is working without incident. But you're not the only one who has reported it not working correctly, so I'm sure there is a problem somewhere. I just need some help narrowing down where to look.

The "Ensure miner stays running" should also be less aggressive in this test build.

farkedup: It has been a little while... I've been working on some things that have delayed progress on it but will soon allow me to devote a lot more time to it. That and the CGWatcher scheduling problem that I've been hunting. I should have some news to announce in the next week.

deeber: I don't have an answer for this at the moment. There are no plans to release CGRemote's source any time soon, but CGWatcher's source may be released at some point.

Octopuss: I understand what you are saying. I guess what I would expect in that situation is to not enable this feature until you are happy with your miner configuration and the miner is stable. It has been a feature for quite some time now, so if I change its behavior it may cause unexpected results for other users.

Anyone is free to try the test build linked above. Among other improvements, it allows you to delay CGWatcher's startup when Windows starts, should fix the CGRemote "restart computer" command, and hopefully fixes date/time settings for users with 24 hour time format (no AM/PM). It should be considered experimental, so if it doesn't work correctly you can always download the last stable release from cgwatcher.com.

Justin, I have email you the debug report with the subject "eckoflyte debug report"

Issue still persists. Left the miner running for about 15min and have the scheduler set to switch to most profitable profile every 3 minutes but nothing happens. Not even an "ignore since already mining most profitable" status update. I purposefully selected a less profitable profile to start mining with to see if it would actively switch, but to no avail.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: