Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:16:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy 1 Bitcoin or Not Buy 1 Bitcoin, thoughts?  (Read 4491 times)
losangeles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:38:59 AM

This is like asking a bunch of crack addicts if it's a good day to buy some crack.  

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:39:56 AM

I always buy some bitcoins when I get paid.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
losangeles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:40:10 AM

in before smoothie flames proudhon
counter (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:43:51 AM

You will get the most bang for your buck by buying one BTC and sending it to the Bitcoin address in my signature.

I will tell you how this helps afterwards. You may be pleased by the result.

Could u be more vague please, haha!  C'mon , like I don't have enough on my mind right now...  Here's a thought,  why don't u just tell me how I'd be pleased by the result NOW?   Grin
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:50:01 AM

You will get the most bang for your buck by buying one BTC and sending it to the Bitcoin address in my signature.

Could u be more vague please, haha!  C'mon , like I don't have enough on my mind right now...  Here's a thought,  why don't u just tell me how I'd be pleased by the result NOW?   Grin

I said you may be pleased.

Might not too...I know I would be pleased.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:51:31 AM

Lol, he is obviously joking about ripping you off.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:52:03 AM

Would you pay $81 for something that will be worth $100 in a few weeks and $1000 in a year?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:52:31 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2013, 03:11:40 AM by BitPirate

... still waiting  Huh Huh

Just answer this: How's that strategy working out for you so far?

U r right but you could also be wrong tomorrow lol but I hear what ur saying and ur post is appreciated and kinda of annoying, JK Smiley

I know :-)

The first problem is, you're asking for opinions, and you will get them all over the spectrum.

The real problem is, there are two axes of data you need to plot (risk vs. reward), not just one (up or down).

The thing with risk is: It is relatively constant over time. The chance of there being a news event that breaks Bitcoin is similar tomorrow as it is today. You're not decreasing that risk by delaying.

jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:52:55 AM

I don't know your current financial situation but $80 is a negligible amount in the whole life for most people in developed countries. If this is true for you, buying 1 BTC right now is a good idea.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:57:51 AM

buy now and have more fiat dollars to buy more if we ever see a correction, this whole Cyprus deal is causing bitcoins to only go up from here...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:10:25 AM

I could be wrong, but I suspect you are in the following psychological trap. When price is rising, you think, "price is so high, better wait for a dip." But then when the dip comes, you think, "whoa, price is going down, maybe it will crash more, better wait." So no matter what happens you wait. Instead of waiting for the perfect buy-in, I would just buy and hold long term. Short term prices are hard to predict, but long term current price is a good buy. Yeah, it could very well drop to 70 right after you buy it, but if you hold, I think you will ultimately do well. Have you thought about the fundamentals? If not, check out the article below. I'll grant that this guy's projections are a bit over the top, but consider that even if he is off by a factor of 100, the low end target for Bitcoin is $1K. I'm not going to tell you that right now is the perfect time to buy, but since your problem seems to be hesitation, what better time than now to overcome that and go for it?

http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/06/the-target-value-for-bitcoin-is-not-some-50-or-100-it-is-100000-to-1000000/
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:11:44 AM

Are you ok with losing this money if it does not work out?
counter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:15:59 AM

Very true I was intrigued and got ahead of myself.
After listening to the voice of reason I think I'll just keep my coin.

Lol, he is obviously joking about ripping you off.

Hello voice of reason, heh!  I was blinded by the chance to invest on a sure thing lol.
Still working on not letting emotions effect my judgments.  Roll Eyes

I know :-)

The first problem is, you're asking for opinions, and you will get them all over the spectrum.

The real problem is, there are two axes of data you need to plot (risk vs. reward), not just one (up or down).

The thing with risk is: It is relatively constant over time. The chance of there being a news event that breaks Bitcoin is similar tomorrow as it is today. You're not decreasing that risk by delaying.

Well put, I'm done regretting and will make a decision and live with it as u said there is always risk.
counter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:22:39 AM

Would you pay $81 for something that will be worth $100 in a few weeks and $1000 in a year?

OFCOURSE!!   Grin

Are you ok with losing this money if it does not work out?

I get what ur saying and after giving it thought,yes I am ok with it.

I could be wrong, but I suspect you are in the following psychological trap. When price is rising, you think, "price is so high, better wait for a dip." But then when the dip comes, you think, "whoa, price is going down, maybe it will crash more, better wait." So no matter what happens you wait. Instead of waiting for the perfect buy-in, I would just buy and hold long term. Short term prices are hard to predict, but long term current price is a good buy. Yeah, it could very well drop to 70 right after you buy it, but if you hold, I think you will ultimately do well. Have you thought about the fundamentals? If not, check out the article below. I'll grant that this guy's projections are a bit over the top, but consider that even if he is off by a factor of 100, the low end target for Bitcoin is $1K. I'm not going to tell you that right now is the perfect time to buy, but since your problem seems to be hesitation, what better time than now to overcome that and go for it?

http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/06/the-target-value-for-bitcoin-is-not-some-50-or-100-it-is-100000-to-1000000/

hate to admit it but u got me, that is my problem and why I posted the thread I'll def check out the article thanks!

I don't know your current financial situation but $80 is a negligible amount in the whole life for most people in developed countries. If this is true for you, buying 1 BTC right now is a good idea.

buy now and have more fiat dollars to buy more if we ever see a correction, this whole Cyprus deal is causing bitcoins to only go up from here...

Duly noted friends ,  If Cyprus can have a strong impact I'd be a fool not buy in and hold.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:26:50 AM

This is like asking a bunch of crack addicts if it's a good day to buy some crack.  

This is true, don't buy either unless you are prepared to buy more.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:26:58 AM

When 1 BTC worth 100 000$ does it really matter whether you have bought it at 70$ or 80$ or 100$?

When 1 BTC worth 0$ does it really matter whether you have bought it at 70$ or 80$ or 100$?

-
notme
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:35:18 AM

Or earn more.

randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:52:10 AM

Buy and spend BTC on goods and services.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:43:07 AM

Or earn more.

For sure, I haven't bought a coin in a long time.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:46:44 AM

Or earn more.

For sure, I haven't bought a coin in a long time.

I need to finish this pesky schooling and get back to programming for btc.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: