Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:22:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy 1 Bitcoin or Not Buy 1 Bitcoin, thoughts?  (Read 4491 times)
counter (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:38:00 AM

I want in but the price sort of seems high.  What do you Knowledgeable experienced people think would be the best time to buy 1 btc and see where it goes?  If you don't have a good grasp on graphs and the Bitcoin markets then pls don't post, this is to help me and others get a grasp of what we should do next without reading posts with people bickering.  

I've been ready to buy since $13 and waited and now obviously I'm paying for that mistake.  I don't have a good grasp on graphs and a strong idea what could happen next.  I understand it's not all about graphs and I don't plan to make my decision based on others comments in here but I'd like valuable posts to help me make a final decision, please stay on topic.  What should I do buy or coin or wait for a lower price, if u think wait please fully explain why if u feel the opposite please fully explain why, if you are unsure what could happen next please fully explain why.  Please be respectful of others and there opinions, thanks!  Smiley
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:38:36 AM

Buy.

I literally just bought 1 bitcoin about an hour ago Cheesy

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:40:13 AM

Definitely buy.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:43:39 AM

I want in but the price sort of seems high.  What do you Knowledgeable experienced people think would be the best time to buy 1 btc and see where it goes?  If you don't have a good grasp on graphs and the Bitcoin markeIf you buy, don't ts then pls don't post, this is to help me and others get a grasp of what we should do next without reading posts with people bickering.  

I've been ready to buy since $13 and waited and now obviously I'm paying for that mistake.  I don't have a good grasp on graphs and a strong idea what could happen next.  I understand it's not all about graphs and I don't plan to make my decision based on others comments in here but I'd like valuable posts to help me make a final decision, please stay on topic.  What should I do buy or coin or wait for a lower price, if u think wait please fully explain why if u feel the opposite please fully explain why, if you are unsure what could happen next please fully explain why.  Please be respectful of others and there opinions, thanks!  Smiley

Just don't buy to panic sell when it drops back to $40 or something like that, bitcoin is very volatile, and its entirely possible that we have a decent sized correction soon after the big run-up (or maybe we won't).  If it were up to me though, I ld rather have 1 bitcoin than no bitcoin.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:48:09 AM

Worst case: you sell in 12 hours for a profit.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Stormalong

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:49:06 AM

I actually recently recommended this to all my friends and family. Just buy 1, and then sit on it for several years. If Bitcoin goes bust you are only out $60 (at the time). If Bitcoin works out the way some people suggest (and I agree), it could be worth 6 figures. A worthy investment. Smiley

So far as I know no one took my advice. Sad

So I bought some Casascius coins, which I will probably distribute as gifts to the people I really like.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:51:53 AM

buy $13 worth then. it's irrelevant how many BTCs you get, it's the value that counts.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:55:43 AM

... still waiting  Huh Huh

Just answer this: How's that strategy working out for you so far?

counter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:56:45 AM

Buy.

I literally just bought 1 bitcoin about an hour ago Cheesy

Yea good to know I'm not alone lol, may the price be with u Smiley

Definitely buy.

Also say: BUY BTCBTCBTC

thanks but u didn't explain why lol JK  Wink

If you don't understand it and what makes it valuable, then I probably wouldn't buy it.

I understand why buy but would hate to buy when the market is expecting a major correction soon u know?  

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:58:44 AM

If it is literally 1 bitcoin you are going to buy, I would just buy the dang thing and stop worrying about it. Price could dip significantly below 80 soon or sometime later, but if you just hold your coin for a few years, chances are that it will be worth considerably more than 80. But if you are really scared of the idea that the value of your investment might drop $30 below your buy price at some point, then maybe investing isn't for you. It sounds to me like your fear of losing has you frozen, which so far has resulted in missing $63 in profit. I'm holding my bitcoins long term for much higher prices, but I'm also willing to tough out the downtrends, big dips, etc. First rule of investing is, don't invest what you aren't prepared to lose.
counter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:04:36 AM

Just don't buy to panic sell when it drops back to $40 or something like that, bitcoin is very volatile, and its entirely possible that we have a decent sized correction soon after the big run-up (or maybe we won't).  If it were up to me though, I ld rather have 1 bitcoin than no bitcoin.

yeah that is what I've been told and have to keep reminding myself but now I focused to buy and hold no matter what.  After weighing my options I'd rather have a coin then not have at all thanks for the great advice.

Worst case: you sell in 12 hours for a profit.

Interesting point, thanks for posting that another option to consider but I'll just stick it out.

I actually recently recommended this to all my friends and family. Just buy 1, and then sit on it for several years. If Bitcoin goes bust you are only out $60 (at the time). If Bitcoin works out the way some people suggest (and I agree), it could be worth 6 figures. A worthy investment. Smiley

So far as I know no one took my advice. Sad

So I bought some Casascius coins, which I will probably distribute as gifts to the people I really like.

Cool of you to offer that advice to your friends it's good to see people are on the same page that it's good to have a coin then not have right now.  I hope they take ur advice, I'm new to Casascius coins is that similar to litecoin why do u see value in that particular coin?
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:08:28 AM

What's the difference what the price is?

No guts, no glory.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
counter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:11:44 AM

If it is literally 1 bitcoin you are going to buy, I would just buy the dang thing and stop worrying about it. Price could dip significantly below 80 soon or sometime later, but if you just hold your coin for a few years, chances are that it will be worth considerably more than 80. But if you are really scared of the idea that the value of your investment might drop $30 below your buy price at some point, then maybe investing isn't for you. It sounds to me like your fear of losing has you frozen, which so far has resulted in missing $63 in profit. I'm holding my bitcoins long term for much higher prices, but I'm also willing to tough out the downtrends, big dips, etc. First rule of investing is, don't invest what you aren't prepared to lose.

Well said, I'm just on the fence If I should buy silver with the funds or Bitcions.  It's killing me to watch the price go up but I'm leaning to getting a coin or two and holding for the long haul wether up of down but would be nice if the price stopped goin up lol sorry to say it. Smiley

... still waiting  Huh Huh

Just answer this: How's that strategy working out for you so far?

U r right but you could also be wrong tomorrow lol but I hear what ur saying and ur post is appreciated and kinda of annoying, JK Smiley

buy $13 worth then. it's irrelevant how many BTCs you get, it's the value that counts.

Hmm I like that point even though I'm unsure I agree with it fully it's still an option well worth considering.

What's the difference what the price is?

No guts, no glory.

This isn't war it's my money where talking bout, lol!  I'm thinkin with my brain not my brawn but I hear where ur coming from it's time to get off the fence and make moves is the feeling I'm getting from u this thread so far.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:25:45 AM

Woops, price is now over $81. Hesitation isn't helping you. Silver might be a good investment, but personally I think the upside potential for BTC is much much better, even at current price.
mccorvic

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:26:21 AM

Woops, price is now over $81. Hesitation isn't helping you. Silver might be a good investment, but personally I think the upside potential for BTC is much much better, even at current price.

Yup.

Silver is a dead technology.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:26:49 AM

This is like asking a bunch of crack addicts if it's a good day to buy some crack.  

Yes, of course it is.  Everyday is a good day to buy bitcoin!

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:31:15 AM

You will get the most bang for your buck by buying one BTC and sending it to the Bitcoin address in my signature.

I will tell you how this helps afterwards. You may be pleased by the result.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:32:39 AM

lol, since when is silver a technology  Smiley
mccorvic

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:36:06 AM

lol, since when is silver a technology  Smiley

It's just fun to say.

counter (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:36:24 AM

Don't know what to say I want to boo u but it comes boohoo lol

Yup.

I don't think I'd go that far, to me it's better to have and hold like btc there is only so much that can be mined.

This is like asking a bunch of crack addicts if it's a good day to buy some crack.  

Yes, of course it is.  Everyday is a good day to buy bitcoin!

Man ur so right I was just having a similar thought.  I'm like damn where's a bear when u need em but the bulls have good points and that makes big difference imo.
Would be nice to get a bull with a good track record of what to expect, willing to drop some knowledge in this thread.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: