Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:36:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar Collapse - What does it mean for Bitcoin ?  (Read 2977 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:53:07 AM

There is a lot of videos and articles around the web about how the dollar will collapse on 27 September 2016.
I'm not sure how exactly they got this date, even If it's not the real date, It seems like a lot of experts keep saying that a collapse is coming soon.

Assuming that the Dollar collapse indeed , what does it mean for Bitcoin exactly ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:03:45 AM

1st rule of market predictions: only ever predict the "what", "how much" and "when" separately. This prediction appears to be predicting all 3 together. Tempting to bet against it (although I don't partake in that kind of gambling)

Vires in numeris
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:06:53 AM

Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event. Unless something like mr. robot is planned to actually happen, I don't see how anyone can announce a specific date for an event like that.

If the dollar collapses, bitcoin will be worth more dollars, but so will euro and yen and yuan. Purchasing power of bitcoin will not neccesarily increase, it will just become worth a ton of worthless fiat. For purchasing power to increase, we need a mass shift towards bitcoin so that demand will increase tremendously.

Daneric

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:18:09 AM

There is a lot of videos and articles around the web about how the dollar will collapse on 27 September 2016.
I'm not sure how exactly they got this date, even If it's not the real date, It seems like a lot of experts keep saying that a collapse is coming soon.

Assuming that the Dollar collapse indeed , what does it mean for Bitcoin exactly ?

The talk of the dollar collapsing has been around for some time I don't think there is any theory to support it. I am not sure what prompted someone to give the date of collapse, given that there are a lot of market dynamics in place. You can not predict such an event unless you have some in house information about an intended event that will cause the collapse.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 09:25:58 AM

Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event. Unless something like mr. robot is planned to actually happen, I don't see how anyone can announce a specific date for an event like that.
If the dollar collapses, bitcoin will be worth more dollars, but so will euro and yen and yuan. Purchasing power of bitcoin will not neccesarily increase, it will just become worth a ton of worthless fiat. For purchasing power to increase, we need a mass shift towards bitcoin so that demand will increase tremendously.
I also think in the similar fashion. We have already witnessed dollar value drop last year and absolutely nothing happened with bitcoins charts. It was still at steady grow. Back than it was a little surprise for me. Now I know that there is no connection between fiat markets and bitcoin and I love it. This makes bitcoin, despite the fluctuations, the most reliable coin around.
If that is a conspiracy there, than this maybe a good time to buy.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:48:38 AM

Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event.
I also think in the similar fashion.

[...]

Don't use big words if you don't know what they mean please, gentlemen.

Conspiracy does not mean "something that's not true"

Vires in numeris
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:09:13 AM

1st rule of market predictions: only ever predict the "what", "how much" and "when" separately. This prediction appears to be predicting all 3 together. Tempting to bet against it (although I don't partake in that kind of gambling)

Professor Bitcorn made that mistake by predicting Bitcoin would crash to less than $10 in 2014. He might not be a laughing stock if he had only predicted a price without a date.

If the dollar really collapses soon it's affect on Bitcoin would depend on if all the other major currencies also collapsed. If they all simultaneously collapsed Bitcoin would become a safe haven for investors like gold. If only the dollar collapsed investors would move their money into other strong currencies, and Bitcoin wouldn't become a major safe haven.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:10:53 AM

did kt really makes any sence well honestly i never herd of such even like collapsong a currency and it really happens then i do not think it will effect bitcoin because we exchange some faint currency in exchange of bitcoin
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:15:17 AM

There's a lot of idiocy around the web for sure. While it's reasonable that the reserve currency status of the USD will be replaced in the foreseeable future it is very difficult to make an exact prediction. What information leads to the assumption that the USD will collapse at a single day, on September 27th? Without proper explanation I consider this pure speculation to generate media attention through fearmongering.

That said, if you look at geopolitics, you can clearly see that the USD is loosing its status as a global trade currency. There is an increasing motivation for important powers in the east (China, Russia, Iran...) to use their own currencies for bilateral trade. Also, oil as a main source of energy for individual mobility is on the retreat in favor of (green) electricity. Oil, however is one of the backbones of the USD - the other being the US military. Meanwhile, the US debt has reached record highs...

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:16:04 AM

I think dollar won't collapse anytime soon, but even it happened, there won't be any major effect for bitcoin at all.
People would think ways to save their asset or how to keep their business running instead buying lots of bitcoin.
I agree that it will not collapse soon, but I disagree with regard to the low effect on bitcoin, if that happen. People will look for other alternatives and bitcoin is the best right now.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:18:08 AM

The dollar has been one week away from collapse for somewhere around 40 years. It's still doing fine and will continue to do fine.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:27:49 AM

I think dollar won't collapse anytime soon, but even it happened, there won't be any major effect for bitcoin at all.
People would think ways to save their asset or how to keep their business running instead buying lots of bitcoin.
I agree that it will not collapse soon, but I disagree with regard to the low effect on bitcoin, if that happen. People will look for other alternatives and bitcoin is the best right now.

Yes, people will look for alternatives. But people will buy what they already know. And - compared to the general population, Bitcoin is only known by few people. So there will be some capital inflow into Bitcoin, but the main share will go into precious metals, land/real estate and stocks. I know for a Bitcoiner it's tempting to assume that people become easily aware of the unique properties and advantages of Bitcoin. However in practice, most people don't think a lot about the properties of money, other than that they want to own as much as possible... Wink So only few might realize that Bitcoin is a viable solution to currency devaluation.

On the other hand even a moderate capital inflow into Bitcoin might have a considerable effect on Bitcoin valuation, since the market capitalization and liquidity at exchanges is still quite small. But if you measure Bitcoin valuation in fiat money, a devaluation of fiat money will logically result in a numerical increase in Bitcoin valuation while its buying power might not have changed at all. So it might make sense to determine Bitcoin's worth using a different benchmark (like precious metals).

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pursuer
Legendary

Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:29:03 AM

this is a very interesting prediction for sure but I have been hearing this before too, and I am not such an expert to give any opinion on this matter but I have got a feeling that it is not gonna fall as they predict it.

as for bitcoin, although it is tempting to think people are going to look for an alternative but I don't think it will be that great an effect on bitcoin in case of a collapse.

Only Bitcoin
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:31:05 AM

The dollar has been one week away from collapse for somewhere around 40 years. It's still doing fine and will continue to do fine.

This assessment is no better than the scare stories. The dollar will not continue to do fine, nearly every economic trend is stacked against it.

Vires in numeris
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:54:08 AM

We have to wait to watch what happens.If bitcoin and dollars both depreciate,which is the case at present,than nothing is going to happen.If bitcoin goes up and dollar falls down,people will start buying bitcoin giving it further push
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:00:31 AM

there is no direct impact on bitcoin if dollar collapse.  It's that bitcoin will get higher in terms of dollar since dollar is devaluating but the actual value still the same unless people will try to exit and convert their fiat to bitcoin, that way it will greatly affect bitcoin by creating a bubble, an increase in price than is followed by  a steep decline.
bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:10:42 AM

First off , I don't think dollar will collapse because it is backed by petro-dollar which is its real strength. As long as petrol will be traded in dollar forget about its collapsing. There is no alternative of dollar right now neither Bitcoin can do much. I think this is also a type of hype to attach bitcoin or other assets with these types of imaginary events. I really don't believe in these so-called web based financial experts they have said many things over the last years and nothing happened yet.
poptok1

Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 11:12:07 AM

Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event.
I also think in the similar fashion.
[...]
Don't use big words if you don't know what they mean please, gentlemen.
Conspiracy does not mean "something that's not true"
Yes, you right but where did you get the impression that we dont know the meaning of this word? Conspiracy is or maybe real but from its fundamentals turns out that its unreliable and non constant. Some thing may go wrong and conspirators will forfeit their plan, human factor or any other may cause the plan to go sideways etc.
Ergo, even if real the consequences are hard to predict.
Besides traces of conspiracy will be hidden for long time after, so we cant say anything for sure.

btvGainer sums it up nicely. We have to wait a little and see.
I'm sure next bubble is on the way, rather small and stable.  

Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:12:23 AM

Bitcoin will not be impacted much by a dollar collapse maybe just a little. What I want to answer is why nothing will happen on 27 September 2016 and that this is just a conspiracy theory very common in our time. The reason nothing will happen is simple and that is dollar depends on US economic data and the interest rate of Federal Reserve. Both these are positive for dollar nowadays and I don't think this will change for just 1 month. USA is on the most perfect economic times with the unemployment rate in the minimum possible 4.9% to 5.1% during the Obama mandates. Interest rate is positive so everything is looking perfect for the moment. I wonder how can people possibly vote for Trump and against Obama.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:13:09 AM

I dont think it will give any effect or impact to bitcoin, bitcoin doesnt rely on dollar or any currency, bitcoin is the depend on the user and how the user spend the coin, so there wont be any chaos or panic if the dollar crash, but if the dollar crash, i will have more dollars if i sell the coin and if i wait for the right timing to trade it, then maybe I can earn some profit

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░