Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:41:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins sent to Mt.Gox didn't hit account, Mt.Gox telling me to wait 24hrs  (Read 1324 times)
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:57:21 AM

Hello All,

it's been some time since I sold BTC, but the price at the moment, you know...
So I sent them to the address in my Mt.Gox account, but nothing gets credited even after 20 confirmations on the blockchain.

Mt.Gox supports answered the following (boiler-plate, I know...):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.The transaction is in process and there is bit delay due to network congestion on their end so we request you to wait.

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. If you're sending to your computer's wallet, it's good practice to keep your bitcoin client running so it can download the block chain. For those that may not know the block chain is the complete history of all transactions made on the bitcoin network, and as such it can take some time to update and download the most current block and see the bitcoins in your wallet.

If you aren't seeing the funds after either withdrawing/sending to Mt. Gox from your bitcoin program, please wait 24 hours before contacting us. If your transfer has still not occurred within 48 hours, please lodge a support request so we may begin the process of tracking your bitcoins and reinitiating the transfer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support by responding to this email (should the enquiry relate to this ticket).

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Seriously, WTF?
auzaar

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:52:53 AM

Hello All,

it's been some time since I sold BTC, but the price at the moment, you know...
So I sent them to the address in my Mt.Gox account, but nothing gets credited even after 20 confirmations on the blockchain.

Mt.Gox supports answered the following (boiler-plate, I know...):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.The transaction is in process and there is bit delay due to network congestion on their end so we request you to wait.

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. If you're sending to your computer's wallet, it's good practice to keep your bitcoin client running so it can download the block chain. For those that may not know the block chain is the complete history of all transactions made on the bitcoin network, and as such it can take some time to update and download the most current block and see the bitcoins in your wallet.

If you aren't seeing the funds after either withdrawing/sending to Mt. Gox from your bitcoin program, please wait 24 hours before contacting us. If your transfer has still not occurred within 48 hours, please lodge a support request so we may begin the process of tracking your bitcoins and reinitiating the transfer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox Support by responding to this email (should the enquiry relate to this ticket).

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Seriously, WTF?

so much for the "Instant peer to peer transactions"
mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:32:12 AM

<MagicalTux> ok
<MagicalTux> found the issue
<MagicalTux> looks liek bitcoind 0.8.1 has some issues with the api under heavy load

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:40:23 AM

<MagicalTux> ok
<MagicalTux> looks liek bitcoind 0.8.1 has some issues with the api under heavy load

I think this might be true, truer than the excuse of locking the money of Bitcoinica. My armory has some problem time to time to communicate with the bitcoind.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:43:56 AM

Money to and from the market isn't exactly peer to peer.  Money to and from your aunt Sally--that's peer to peer.

mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:56:13 AM

This is transferring between your wallet and a mtgox wallet, so that is pretty much peer to peer; of course, in this case, it seems the problem was not with the bitcoin transfer, but with mtgox's systems obtaining notification of the transfer from bitcoind...

el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:01:22 AM

The money still isn't on my account, it's 24 confirmations now. What makes me a little angry is their attitude of not looking into this before 48 hours go by.
auzaar

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:02:32 AM

Money to and from the market isn't exactly peer to peer.  Money to and from your aunt Sally--that's peer to peer.
Wow, so MTGOX bitcoin address is in different class now from us lowly peers!
ReAzem

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:05:31 AM

It seems like Mt.Gox isn't keeping up with the demand. Servers, support and verification is slow. I don't really support other exchanges because I think that one good and working exchange is better for the bitcoin economy. I am hoping that coinlab helps fixing this. If they don't, I will consider moving away from Mt.Gox.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:07:56 AM

Depends on whether or not both you and aunt Sally verifies things against a block chain that each of you hold.  Or that used to be the definition of a 'peer'.  It never dawned on me to solve the upcoming Bitcoin false advertising issue associated with the term 'p2p' by changing the definition of 'peer', but it just might work!

Of course under this definition the current mainstream banking system would also be classified as p2p as long as I could write a check to get money from my account to my aunt's account.  And using the mainstream bank account that my sister and I share it is even faster than Bitcoin with it's pesky confirmations.

Pardon me for stating so, but it is basically utterly twisted to difference between 'to and from the market' and 'to and from aunt Sally' in this context.  There is no technical difference whatsoever.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:16:21 AM

<MagicalTux> ok

Great BTC selling opportunity of the market goes artificially high because users cannot get liquidity in.  Just sayin'.

(Also sayin' that I sure would not be taking a chance on it unless I wanted to be a seller anyway though.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:30:37 AM

The money still isn't on my account, it's 24 confirmations now. What makes me a little angry is their attitude of not looking into this before 48 hours go by.

Congrad, you will have a much better price when it is credited

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:51:09 AM

<MagicalTux> ok

Great BTC selling opportunity of the market goes artificially high because users cannot get liquidity in.  Just sayin'.

(Also sayin' that I sure would not be taking a chance on it unless I wanted to be a seller anyway though.)

are others affected as well?
whitenight639

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:31:45 AM

why is it whenever I want to use Mt gox it fecking breaks on me.

They should be offering compensation for this because its a joke. never using mt gox ever again.

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:07:37 AM

Congrad, you will have a much better price when it is credited

this, good sir, is exactly what happened.  Cool

btw, mt.gox's answer:

Hello,

Our developer has taken a look at this and restarted the system. Our apologies for the inconvenience.It should go through soon.Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

Nevertheless it's a shame. A shame.
whitenight639

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:44:19 AM

Anyone still waiting for deposits to appear (like me)??

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:37:58 PM

Anyone still waiting for deposits to appear (like me)??

I waited 60 confirms, sent in a support ticket and was credited within 10 minutes.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:13:03 PM

Same issue.... going on 15 confirmations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: