Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 06:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: MultiBit crash & lost wallet (Mac)  (Read 2479 times)
eyci (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:52:27 AM

I'm cross-posting from the newbie forum, please help this guy if you can.

I'd like to post this to a more appropriate forum, but I just made this account so here goes.

I started using MultiBit earlier this week and absolutely loved it. I had moved my 12 BTC (all the BTC that I ... had) from Coinbase to Multibit. I had the client open today, noticed my Mac was getting really hot, noticed the application was frozen, had to force quit it, reopened, and my wallet is completely gone.

I'm running a file recovery application and am crossing my fingers, but losing that much money makes me feel sick. It shouldn't be this easy to lose a wallet. Obviously, I should have made a backup of the file, granted. But, losing it from the program crashing and not because of any negligence on my partis a bit worrisome.

Anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions?
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:05:10 AM

what version of mutibit do you have, the wallet is stored in standard places. So you should be able to find it still.

If you find you wallet, you should be able to recover it with https://blockchain.info/wallet/

One off NP-Hard.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 07:38:11 AM

He also mailed me directly so I just replied by email.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
javmarfer

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Dos días antes de pasado mañana

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:34:54 AM

I have the same problem. When I try to close the program once synchronized, multibit
crashes and when I open again my wallet is outdated and I can not sync. The same thing happens when I restore chain blocks and imported the keys.

●●●VRT.WORLD● #VRT TOKEN SALE BEGINS ON MARCH, 14●●●
VRT ICO: FIRST BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM for VR VRT ●
● [Twitter] [Facebook] [Medium] [Telegram] [Reddit] [Golos] [Youtube] ●
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:45:02 AM

Hi  javmarfer,

If you are not on the latest code (v0.4.23) can you please download that from the multibit.org website and try that.
If you are, please zip up the log files (in <your user dir>/Library/Application Support/ MultiBit/log) and email them to me and I will have a look. My email is on http://multibit.org/team.html

In the meantime please take a copy of any ".wallet" files you have in the <your user dir>/Library/Application Support/ MultiBit directory just as a precaution.

Cheers

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
javmarfer

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Dos días antes de pasado mañana

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 03:37:52 PM

Sorry, but I am unable to find the email in the website  Undecided

●●●VRT.WORLD● #VRT TOKEN SALE BEGINS ON MARCH, 14●●●
VRT ICO: FIRST BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM for VR VRT ●
● [Twitter] [Facebook] [Medium] [Telegram] [Reddit] [Golos] [Youtube] ●
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 04:09:15 PM

It is in the 'Team Coordination' section at this page:
https://multibit.org/team.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: