Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:56:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox detain users' money and refuse to give it back  (Read 3402 times)
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:22:31 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 05:01:14 AM by HorseRider

What is the intention of Mtgox? With an court order, give the account info to the liquidator has nothing legal risk. At this point, the liquidator seems considering to take legal action against Mtgox. With my money freezed in the Bitcoinica/Mtgox, I have missed lots of opportunity. What's the problem here?  Mtgox owe the community a clear explanation why holding the money of ours for so long.

To All Investors

We have received a number of emails from investors recently requesting a progress update on the liquidation.

We have received further information from the limited partners which we are currently assessing and we continue to correspond with MT Gox with a view to having the account information released to us.  At this point, MT Gox continues to withhold the information and account access.  We are hopeful that we will not need to issue legal proceedings as this will simply result in further depletion of investor funds.

We understand from press releases that MT Gox has entered into an agreement with CoinLab for bitcoin trading in North America.  We have not taken legal advice on this issue, however we do not believe that this arrangement affects the liquidation process.  

We have not yet determined the method for the distribution to creditors/investors, as we do not yet know the composition of the frozen accounts (ie the number of bitcoins held and balance of USD funds).  However, it is likely that any distribution will be made in USD.  Once we have the account information, we will notify investors of the process for which the Liquidators intend on distributing funds.  If there are insufficient funds to make payment in full to each investor, then distribution will be made on a pro-rata basis (ie funds are distributed in proportion to each investors claim).

We will keep investors abreast with further updates as and when they occur.

Kind Regards
Taslim Bhamji
Senior Insolvency Administrator

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:24:17 AM

What is this about?
mithrandi

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:33:07 AM

Bitcoinica.

dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:52:37 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157360.40
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:57:09 AM

I would like to post this mysterious explanation here:

Wait... what?  Can you expand on this?  The last update we received from the liquidator stated that Mt Gox was not talking to the liquidators, or sharing relevant information.  Has this changed?  Have you seen this thread?....

Unfortunately I cannot share more details here as this would go against our privacy policy.

Whose privacy is it?

HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:59:36 AM

Mark, when I came across you photo on the internet, I just want to remind you that detain other people's money and refuse to return it is WRONG!

PAY BACK THE BITCOINICA USERS' MONEY!

Mt. Gox chief marketing officer Gonzague Gay-Bouchery, left; CEO Mark Karpeles, right.

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:56:33 AM

What is this about?
good question

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:00:48 AM

I wish this could be moved to a more frequented forum along with all the other threads about Mt. Gox sitting on all our money.   Still waiting to see the BTC address where all our funds are being kept..
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:51:02 AM

Mt. Gox profits tremendously by the Bitcoin hype currently going on. PKF expressed in their latest update that the distribution to surviving Bitcoinica claimants will likely be in USD only. PKF dumping the remaining Bitcoinca stash on the market could trigger a correction that could in turn bring another sudden drop in Bitcoin interest, and thus trading volume, like we saw in June 2011. Mt. Gox wouldn't want to stir the pot when tens of thousands of new customers are lining up to get their accounts verified. So in lack of any actual information we might as well speculate wildly. In other news, Zhou Tong have reportedly acquired a second luxury yacht.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:02:12 AM

how did Mtgox end up with the BTC / $$ ?

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:13:29 AM

Mt. Gox chief marketing officer Gonzague Gay-Bouchery, left; CEO Mark Karpeles, right.

"Well, no, sir. Umm, I think it's a joke, sir,... like, uh 'Sillius Soddus' or... 'Gaybauchery', sir."

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:26:38 AM

I have heard of nothing that mtgox is trying to return the bitcoinica's money.

Mtgox is a group of liars.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: