Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:13:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will we hit 100 today (Wed 27th of March) ?
YES - 36 (17.6%)
NO - 142 (69.6%)
I hate scumbag speculators! - 26 (12.7%)
Total Voters: 204

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we hit 100 today (Wed 27th of March) ?  (Read 3896 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:31:50 PM

This x1000. 100$/BTC really scares off small investors.

And $800/share of Google doesn't? Come on now.
And $1,600/oz of Gold doesn't?
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 04:35:50 PM

My clock radio woke me up this morning with the news that all bank transactions were suspended in Denmark due to a computer glitch, no withdrawals or deposits possible. Half an hour later the news television channel had an interview with an employee in some banks data center and he told the there had been a problem with a "transaction clearing file" which had caused the whole morning processing to halt.
I'm not saying there's a correlation, nor arguing with your interpretation of the "true reason" for the suspended transactions, but this story is amusingly familiar.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
SimonDS

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:36:04 PM

This x1000. 100$/BTC really scares off small investors.

And $800/share of Google doesn't? Come on now.
And $1,600/oz of Gold doesn't?

I was just talking about the scale... Looks a lot more attracting to buy mBTC because it looks less expensive than full ones.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:39:15 PM

I told my wife on Monday that if the price reached $100 by Friday evening, I'd take her to a nice dinner with half of one.  We're both watching the price with great anticipation.  Smiley

Haha - lol - I told my gf that when I hit a certain target she'll get a macbook. haha, the interesting tales.

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her. Then she reiterated her point that BTC is illegal and will be shutdown eventually (ironic she says that because she is an attorney and has no freaking clue what BTC is).  Then she put her hands on her hips and told me if I was making so much money I needed to take her to dinner or else there was no point being together! lol!

- aka The "DigiMan"
samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:40:39 PM

Time to dump her.

BTC won't reach $100 today, but by the weekend is looking good.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

I told my wife on Monday that if the price reached $100 by Friday evening, I'd take her to a nice dinner with half of one.  We're both watching the price with great anticipation.  Smiley

Haha - lol - I told my gf that when I hit a certain target she'll get a macbook. haha, the interesting tales.

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her. Then she reiterated her point that BTC is illegal and will be shutdown eventually (ironic she says that because she is an attorney and has no freaking clue what BTC is).  Then she put her hands on her hips and told me if I was making so much money I needed to take her to dinner or else there was no point being together! lol!

hahahahah - there should be an dedicated thread dedicated to the girlfriend stories!
Mark Oates

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:42:57 PM

Then she put her hands on her hips and told me if I was making so much money I needed to take her to dinner or else there was no point being together! lol!
Yea, baby.  Cool
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:45:50 PM

hahahahah - there should be an dedicated thread dedicated to the girlfriend stories!
lol! Agreed! Or like a breakup log..."How many relationships has Bitcoin ended this week?"

- aka The "DigiMan"
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:53:26 PM

Just started a relationship thread. lol!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159605.0

- aka The "DigiMan"
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 04:56:38 PM

I would say Tuesday by the earliest. There is a significant pyschological resistance to that price.

Depends a bit what happens in Cyprus though.

cjgames.com
ReAzem

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:00:13 PM

Time to dump her.

Wat about the weekend dip?
I call monday.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:05:16 PM

Time to dump her.

Wat about the weekend dip?
I call monday.

Monday is a holiday in many countries (Easter Monday), so I call Tuesday.

cjgames.com
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:10:36 PM

unless gox decides to work overtime clearing all that backlog

-
Rothgar

Activity: 374

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 05:16:50 PM

-\_ o_o _/-

I don't know.

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:29:11 PM

unless gox decides to work overtime clearing all that backlog

I doubt that, they're already making plenty of money.

The longer it takes the higher the price so the more commission they make on the eventual transactions.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:37:43 PM

After the previous all time high of 2011, $100 will be the biggest resistance point.
If we cross this, $100 will be a huge support.
I also hope we will make an global agreement of displaying Bitcoin not in BTC anymore but mBTC.
This will make it more attracting for new comers.

I don't like "mBTC" - too many letter smashed together, too nerdy-sounding. There's really no particular reason to hold on to the term BTC at all, in the long term; it's purely arbitrary. (True, in the short term it is useful to impress people with the growth.)

I say we just switch to bitcents. One bitcent is almost a dollar now. Perhaps the currency code symbol could be "BCT." Does that open up more possibilities than BTC?
siggy

Activity: 381

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:41:23 PM

After the previous all time high of 2011, $100 will be the biggest resistance point.
If we cross this, $100 will be a huge support.
I also hope we will make an global agreement of displaying Bitcoin not in BTC anymore but mBTC.
This will make it more attracting for new comers.

I don't like "mBTC" - too many letter smashed together, too nerdy-sounding. There's really no particular reason to hold on to the term BTC at all, in the long term; it's purely arbitrary. (True, in the short term it is useful to impress people with the growth.)

I say we just switch to bitcents. One bitcent is almost a dollar now. Perhaps the currency code symbol could be "BCT." Does that open up more possibilities than BTC?

my personal preference... mBTC to be refered to as "bit" or "bits"   rolls off the tounge really easy if you say it....  "That'l be 2 bits please"

Sigg
samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:42:12 PM

Ive always liked the idea of SI prefixes.

millibit, microbit, nanobit for short.

But that's not what this thread is aboot.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:43:04 PM

Ive always liked the idea of SI prefixes.

millibit, microbit, nanobit for short.

But that's not what this thread is aboot.

Don't you mean 'abit'?

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 05:43:29 PM

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her.

When you're checking the price when she gets up to go to the bathroom during sex, you know you have a problem.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: