Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a cryptocurrency (alt coin) valuable?  (Read 4076 times)
ldgryvvh (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:32:12 AM

Hi guys,

i've been struggling to grasp the concept of what makes an altcoin or cryptocurrency valuable. Well, i understand Bitcoin meteoric rise as it was the first of its kind and there is an intrinsic value in its core technology that (just) might be the next primary mode of digital transactions in the future. However, is there really space for any more of such? Lets just look at the market cap, i could almost firmly say that among the top 10 cryptocurrencies, most of the owners of such coins all have a stake in Bitcoin. This translates of to a finite number of people in this whole cruptocurrency community just cycling their money round and round.

So why do people still believe in other coins and their price? Say an altcoin ICOs for abt  $1/coin, what makes people see the value?

I hope people see the angle i'm curious about. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:36:55 AM

All that gives a coin their value is the law of supply and demand. It will only be valuable up to a point of how much the buyer is willing to pay for them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:49:23 AM

Hi guys,

i've been struggling to grasp the concept of what makes an altcoin or cryptocurrency valuable. Well, i understand Bitcoin meteoric rise as it was the first of its kind and there is an intrinsic value in its core technology that (just) might be the next primary mode of digital transactions in the future. However, is there really space for any more of such? Lets just look at the market cap, i could almost firmly say that among the top 10 cryptocurrencies, most of the owners of such coins all have a stake in Bitcoin. This translates of to a finite number of people in this whole cruptocurrency community just cycling their money round and round.

So why do people still believe in other coins and their price? Say an altcoin ICOs for abt  $1/coin, what makes people see the value?

You answered your own question:
People are what make a coin valuable.

A thing or service only has value , if another person is willing to trade it for something else.

Show a caveman some fiat cash , and unless he used it to wipe his butt, it would hold no other value for him.
But to a modern man , he could use it to buy necessities.

Show a modern man some flint rocks, and for him it has no value.
But to the cave man it would have more value than fiat, because the cave man could use it to make fire to cook his food or stay warm & dry.

All Value is subject to the use or trade that an individual sees for that object.

I see more value in ZEIT than I do in BTC, where as others see more value in another coin than BTC and others think BTC is all there is.
Just depends on an individual assessment for each coin.

Cool
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 06:52:05 AM

For me

1. Developers behind the project
2. The novelty of the project
3. The problem is trying to solve
4. How huge the community behind it trust the developers.
5. How strong is the partnership they are able to secure

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:56:11 AM

All that gives a coin their value is the law of supply and demand. It will only be valuable up to a point of how much the buyer is willing to pay for them.

Yes, and that demand comes from a belief system.  There is only one thing that ultimately generates demand, and that is desire for satisfaction in the broadest sense.  In as much as the offer of that satisfaction is limited, there is a tension between demand and limited offer, and that tension is called "price".  We all get great satisfaction from breathing air (so much that if we don't, we die), but the offer of air is larger than the demand for the moment, so the price is zero.  There is no tension, so the price is zero, but their is (huge) value (our life depends on it).  Essentially, only goods and services can directly help us in getting satisfaction so in as much as they are not in unlimited supply, only they are the ultimate source of "price".

However, we can anticipate, and make plans.  We can make plans to provide goods and services where there is a tension (for which there is demand, and still limited or in-existent offer) in order to be able to trade those for other things (goods and services) that give us satisfaction.  Doing so increases a demand for production capital, and hence production capital also has a price.  

And finally, there are "monetary items" which have little or no actual potential, nor to satisfy directly, or to be production capital, but for which there has occurred an infinitely recursive belief that they have a price.  Whenever such an infinite belief system gets hold, the monetary item gets a price (is hence a carrier of value).  Nothing else is needed for this belief system to take hold.  Bitcoin is an example.  Historically, gold got such a belief system attached to it, and with some coercion, fiat money also gets to have such a belief system.

Now, most people don't like the idea that their precious monetary assets are nothing but "belief", and go and look for its "intrinsic value", but there isn't any.  In as much as a monetary item also has intrinsic value (as direct satisfaction, or as production capital), it isn't used as monetary item, or its intrinsic value is much lower than its market price.  Gold has some intrinsic value (as jewels to be beautiful, or technical applications), but that intrinsic value alone is much lower than the market price of gold.

Fiat money has only the intrinsic value of the paper it is printed on.  And bitcoin has some intrinsic value as "timestamped immutable ledger" but that is much much smaller than the bitcoin market price.

A monetary asset's price is an infinitely recursive belief system: you believe it has value (and are willing to spend goods and services on it to obtain it) because you believe that Joe will accept it later against similar value (and will be ready to give you goods and services for it), and you believe that Joe will believe that, because Alice will believe that,  because she believes that Jack will believe it...

Nothing more, nothing less.  The belief is what makes the offer (wrt to one's desire to "cash out" and the current market price) and that same belief is what makes the demand (wrt the need to store value for the future).

Of course, you also have to believe that the "token transmission" will keep functioning, but that's about it.  All "intrinsic value, developers.... " is similar to "intrinsic value", way, way smaller than monetary belief value.
skeet

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:10:24 AM

Big exchanges, whales and pump/dump group makes a coin even more valuable.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:44:25 AM

utter nonsense

the main driving force behind all 'pricing' in cryptoland including Bitcoin is nothing more then the simple economics concept known as "the greater fool theory";

the greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants.
a price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price. in other words, one may pay a price that seems "foolishly" high because one may rationally have the expectation that the item can be resold to a "greater fool" later.
dinofelis

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:55:35 AM

utter nonsense

the main driving force behind all 'pricing' in cryptoland including Bitcoin is nothing more then the simple economics concept known as "the greater fool theory";

the greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants.

I make the distinction between "greater fool theory" which is, as you rightly say, a belief system where you think that you will find greater fools than you, that are willing to spend more goods and services on a token than you do on one hand, and "same fool theory" which is the basis of a monetary asset, where you believe that you will find similar fools than you, that will spend about the same amount of goods and services on the token than you want to do.

In as much as "greater fool theory" has to collapse, because not sustainable, "same fool theory" works, because it is sustainable: you can appear many times in the chain in same fool theory, while you will of course not appear several times in "greater fool theory", so you will run out of fools.

That's the difference between a speculative bubble (greater fool theory) and a monetary asset (same fool theory).
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 10:25:18 AM

utter nonsense

I make the distinction between "greater fool theory" which is, as you rightly say, a belief system where you think that you will find greater fools than you, that are willing to spend more goods and services on a token than you do on one hand, and "same fool theory" which is the basis of a monetary asset, where you believe that you will find similar fools than you, that will spend about the same amount of goods and services on the token than you want to do.

In as much as "greater fool theory" has to collapse, because not sustainable, "same fool theory" works, because it is sustainable: you can appear many times in the chain in same fool theory, while you will of course not appear several times in "greater fool theory", so you will run out of fools.

That's the difference between a speculative bubble (greater fool theory) and a monetary asset (same fool theory).

Don't like the 1-word comments, but... TOUCHE. Cheesy Will add that I completely agree with dinofelis and kiklo. I have repeated countless of times (and I stand strongly behind Charlie Lee's opinion that a cryptocurrency does not need gimmicks in order to succeed) that people are the ones who are giving the value, not the tech. That is why I believe that everything must be explained in a simpler manner, rather than using fancy roadmaps and whitepapers (which, of course are needed, but you need more than that to bring the average Joe on board).

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 12:31:52 PM

For me

1. Developers behind the project
2. The novelty of the project
3. The problem is trying to solve
4. How huge the community behind it trust the developers.
5. How strong is the partnership they are able to secure

Thanks, good list.
ldgryvvh (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:37:00 AM

Hi guys, so far, haven't been convinced with the answers. I think many here are confused with price and value. Price is simply what you see it at mediums for exchange. Value however is different from price. Pump and dump attracts people who think price matters but value however should not be associated with price.
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:48:10 AM

People have answered it just as well, but I'd say it's consensus that gives anything value.  Two or more parties agreeing some intangible altcoin has value gives it a price.   And it's pretty much as simple as that.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
dinofelis

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:49:32 AM

Hi guys, so far, haven't been convinced with the answers. I think many here are confused with price and value. Price is simply what you see it at mediums for exchange. Value however is different from price. Pump and dump attracts people who think price matters but value however should not be associated with price.

You are right that value is different from price, but value is individual.  Value is the amount of satisfaction you individually get or believe you will get from something.  Price is the tension that illustrates the intensity of demand (by many who value something for their individual reasons) and the offer that is available.

The problem with something like a currency is that it has absolutely no direct value (you do not get any direct satisfaction out of holding a bitcoin or a dollar): all its value comes from the *projected* value that you believe/hope to obtain with it later.  Now, as you will not get any satisfaction from holding a bitcoin or a dollar in 50 years either, the only thing that you can project, is the future price of it.

That is different with a bottle of wine for instance.  You may project that if you put a good bottle of young wine aside, you will enjoy the old mature wine much more 5 years from now when you drink it.  So it has direct future value to you.  Whether that bottle will have a high or low price on the market doesn't matter, you keep it because you believe/hope that you will get a lot of satisfaction from it in 5 years.  An even better example is planting an apple tree.  Now, it takes effort and work, and you won't get anything from it.  But in 5 years, you hope/expect/believe that you will get apples from it.  Whatever the price of those apples for which you could sell them.

But with a currency or other intermediate asset, the only thing you can do ever to get satisfaction of it, and hence value, is to sell it at a market price.

So for this kind of thing, there IS an equivalence of price and value.  Because there's no other satisfaction to it.  Or very little: you may find satisfaction in seeing a technical system work well and "be part of it" or something.  But that's very secondary.

The value of a monetary asset is nothing else but the belief/hope of its future price.  The value of an apple tree or bottle of wine is not necessarily related to its future price because it can provide you directly with satisfaction, but a currency can't.

dballing

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:55:59 AM

in POW don't forget the electricity used to secure the blockchain. That is worth something you know!
dinofelis

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:09:03 AM

in POW don't forget the electricity used to secure the blockchain. That is worth something you know!

That doesn't give value, that's a production cost.  It is not because I use expensive caviar to make an imitation of bull excrements, that this imitation of excrements has value.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 05:09:09 AM

a crypto currency may have value when its platform can be considered revolutionary.  the demand and supply will follow so long as it has its use for adoption.
and most importantly it will have more value if its funded well. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:19:29 PM

utter nonsense

however nothing in crypto todate could be considered in any meaningful way as a monetary asset.

well 2 people could come out an say we use it as such, and therefore it is (so kinda on a half star out of 5 level), but nothing on the level of any national currency (hell shells are still used as currency by more people then bitcoin), and the vast majority of the crowd around here simple use crypto to make fiat (out of greater fools).

so as i said the main (not necessarily the only) driving force behind all 'pricing' here is the greater fool theory.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:32:50 PM

An altcoin is valuable because of their projects. As money in the crypto world is limited, the coin will need to attract fiat money investment for it to have a high value.
An example is Ethereum. It was 50k satoshi during the ICO. When news reported that banks are looking at Ethereum blockchain, hot money were going into Ethereum and price even went as high as 20 dollars.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
samcoin

Activity: 1358
Merit: 582

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:14:48 PM

The importance of any cryptocurrency comes from its usages , and the markets which accept it .
We can watch now hundreds of Cryptocurrencies , but I don't see any importance in most of them , they have been created just for trading , while there are about ten coins only can be used for useful things .

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
[/center
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:47:42 AM

Hi guys,

If you look around why altcoin can be valuable because they have platforms and products that can produce value for the coins they have because with the support of this platform there will be many people who use their shares, like BItcoin that many people want because they have advanced technology and altcoin if they have a good platform, they will definitely have more value.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:30:09 PM

An altcoin can go up if the project has demands from its users. At some point some of these altcoins are paired with stablecoins like USDT and TUSD, all the more if the coin is paired with fiat. This is also the reason why some of the coins wanting to be listed on coinbase like XRP who had been very hopeful to be there but were not actually listed on coinbase.

jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:35:15 PM

As it was already said more than once, the value of a project can only be brought by a product that today cannot be shown in most cases. Basically, of course, today there are big problems with a flaw or even general speculation.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

The price of a token on an exchange depends on market rules, between supply and demand. But it also depends on the investors of the project, if they are big investment funds, and their decision to sell or keep their tokens.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
JayCue

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 03:56:51 PM

When a cryptocurrency or altcoin was created by a certain company or group of people to power their desired platform or business, then, of course, it's truly valuable.
Then its supply and demand on the market will determine how much its value for that period of time.

⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
⌐      ERC-20 Token to pay Goods and Services      ¬
▬▬▬▬    ██ █▌█ ▌ b y z b i t ▐ █▐█ ██    ▬▬▬▬
└   Whitepaper   Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Linkedin   ┘
DigiSwap
Copper Member

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 03:58:52 PM

Supply and demand. But demand deppends from many factors. Like usability, working product, if the token is security or have utility like BNB for example.
Thanks to BNB you can save on fees and also you can use it to buy items and services all over the world.

Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:06:07 PM

This is true but besides all of that, the product they created also affected the value of the token. The better they run their projects, then this can make the project glimpsed by many people and influence the product they create. Then, if there are already many people who use their products, it will also have an impact on the value of the tokens they use.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 04:09:46 PM

Hi guys,

In my opinion, we determine the value of a coin by 70 percent. Since I entered this market, I have seen many bad projects coming to very good places. But here I think the team and infrastructure behind the project are very important.
Jaka.Sembuh

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:42:30 AM

in my opinion, what makes a valuable altcoin is how the project is defended if their project grows, of course, traders and investors will glance at the coin so that with the increasing number of people hunting for the coin, making the altcoin more valuable.
Meycell

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 03:59:16 AM

This is true but besides all of that, the product they created also affected the value of the token. The better they run their projects, then this can make the project glimpsed by many people and influence the product they create. Then, if there are already many people who use their products, it will also have an impact on the value of the tokens they use.
Altcoin is stable and continues to undergo development will be very capable of carrying the coins are so valuable.
 This is indicated by the growing number of people who have Altcoin and support for progress in the future, making it the main valuable coins.
Karlblaise1

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:44:24 AM

The basic reason why cryptocurrency is valuable is because, it can serve as a means of exchange; with the inherent power of supply and demand at work.

Other features that cryptocurrencies and the platform (blockchain inclusive), offers that makes it unique includes;

It's Decentralized; putting control of my assets at the palms of my hand; taking the unwarranted influence of some regional government powers and their fiscal policies from limiting me. There is hardly any transaction error as a result of the decentralized nature of confirmation of transactions, and it also removes third party error.

Aside this, Cryptocurrency transactions are becoming swifter; handling a whole lot of transactions within seconds, and at a very affordable cost. The decentralized nature also makes it hardly susceptible to cyber attacks.

They are also very transparent and immutable, meaning that the transactions can be viewed by everyone, and be sure of the dealings without giving room to alterations.

Other features of the blockchain that makes it more valuable is the distributed ledger, Hash features, and the tendency of increased innovation, technologically, etc.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 05:40:07 AM

Bitcoin prices are very expensive, obviously, why do they hold Bitcoin rather than altcoin, but those who like to trade they obviously prefer altcoin because altcoin prices are very cheap, if they are lucky they quickly benefit
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:00:04 AM

Real usage of the token and great development team with interesting IDEA can make alt valuable for the long term.

voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:46:35 AM

Hi guys,

i think that we can never be sure about what is giving our portfolio value , it is crypto and everything can happen , one thin is for sure , nothing is sure
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:59:27 AM

Generally, cryptocurrency value is determined by adoptability and usability. As cryptos are being adopted and used for exchange or payment, people sees its value and demand would most likely increase while supply decreases and so price rises. 

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:01:15 AM

Real usage of the token and great development team with interesting IDEA can make alt valuable for the long term.
Also includes the target venue for more usage, if the said project will be usable for any businesses that will cater specifically, then value will increase
as majority of investors and businessmen around that place will be involve and when the developing team succeed and makes things easier adoptions
can be more widely and it will open more doors for new investors.
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:07:34 AM

A couple of factors determine how valuable an altcoin is, chief of which is the demand and supply of the coin. If the coin is in huge demand they're the market has seen value in it and at such it's value will increase as people will not want to sell except at a premium. Other factors include the activeness of the team with the development of the project and partnerships, and also increased use case for the project
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:49:32 AM

There are a lot of factors that are making a good ICO. The most important is the working product, the market is overwhelmed with projects that have only a whitepaper. The team should show a great management as well.
Nowherman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:34:11 PM

I used to think that the crypto tokens of ICO projects are something like companies' stocks. Accordingly, their value lies in the value of the company. However, the collapse of this year convinces that the value of crypto coins lies in the greed of investors. Without trading on crypto exchanges, such tokens are worth nothing.

TheGreatPython

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:55:36 AM

Hi guys,

i think that we can never be sure about what is giving our portfolio value , it is crypto and everything can happen , one thin is for sure , nothing is sure
Why can't we be sure? I guess a lot of people do not even have a clue what being valuable means in the first place. If we are talking about valuable, we are referring to how extremely useful or important something is and if we are putting this into a project, we want to be looking at the product that is available for that project which the coin is serving as the usable one here, and it is this product, its acceptability based on its extreme usefulness and importance that will bring about this value in the first place. One thing a lot of people just think now is just to see the market rising for no reason as a result of speculations and manipulations, which to me is nothing compared to being valuable.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
Duelbits
███████████████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████    ████
████    ████    ████

THE MOST REWARDING CASINO
████    ████
███████████████    ████    ████
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████▌
     +4,000     
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
  $500,000 
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
    $10,000   
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:17:11 AM

in my opinion, what makes a valuable altcoin is how the project is defended if their project grows, of course, traders and investors will glance at the coin so that with the increasing number of people hunting for the coin, making the altcoin more valuable.
I can see a lot of people are trying to factor out their own reasons, but the major reason when it comes to any coin at all is the product and when you are talking about this project, you want to be considering the solution this project brings into the real world, how people will end up perceiving it and using it in the long run as this is the only thing that would bring in huge demand for it, and of course, cause an increase in its value over time which will end up sustainable and not just end up as one other pump and dump material. Value is just what people can make use of and what really helps them in their daily lives.
Omnimercurial

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:19:30 AM

Sometimes it is not Returns that make a Project Valuable.... Value can be found in trying something new and Innovative like Crypto Flow.... Although Crypto Flow is looking like there WILL be Tasty Returns, it does not change the fact that Value can be found in things less directly connected to Coin Price and ROI.

Another example is PAWS.... This other Crypto is likely to give good returns sure, but my motivation in investing and the thing about it that I find to be of Value, is that it is for a Worthy Cause.

PAWS is to help Animals..... That gives it Value to me.

Check out the Link below and you could help Animals too!

https://paws.bjammerboy.io/7489/5415813
freedomforever

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:21:56 AM

First of all, the project should not be scam. The project should be promising and can response to all requests in the future. In addition to this, the team should be qualified and compact. And then, altcoin can be valuable.

iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:25:26 AM

The value of cryptocurrency is strengthened by investors and the project itself, which should work and develop its product in the real world.
beehimneff

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

Hi guys,

Good question! I think most people also do not understand what the value of a large number of altcoins. Grin In fact, everything is simple, there is really no value, but many people think that after bitcoin and altcoins will increase in price, but this will not happen with all altcoins.
Freddy63

Activity: 434

SESSIA

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:36:14 AM

it is definitely becoming valuable just because of product behind and team completing road map in time!
It is a requirement nowadays

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 11:05:27 AM

These days it is increasingly becoming so difficult getting trusted and loyal community for any project, this is as a result of so many failed, scammed and undervalued projects, community members aside the team, project specifics are very important. This contributes largely to the success of any. As long as a project has a good and trusted community of investors, the coin
 will value

karagun125

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 11:09:55 AM

i think by the majority's willingness of making it valuable. so in that case the demand and supply enters upon the evaluation of a coin. i think if there are many supply the tendency of that coin value goes only low cost, while if that coin has a low supply then that coin may be valuable.
AutoBlockX

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:24:26 PM

That’s a good question that you have raised. I should say that the value of any particular coin, whether Bitcoin or any other altcoin depends on how much it is valued. Does it have enough investments? Is it gaining interest in the market? But ultimately, it all comes down to the number of investments that have been made. The higher the investments, the higher the value, and vice versa.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

That is the product of that coin, in my opinion, it is a factor that determines if the coin is rising or not. If we see a coin growth then you know that the ICO product is widely used by the people.
Ini35

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:32:04 PM

There are good altcoins with good value. Meanwhile, there are determinants or contributors to the value of the altcoin(s). Although, i have also seen some that are just based on hype. Here, the price will increase, but it will easily dump. When you talk of a coin with value and that translates to a good price, such coin must have a good working product as well as a working team that is behind the project.
Kiefner

Activity: 921

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

The price is formed due to supply and demand. That is, at the time of trading. Supply and demand appear then, if this project will be interesting to people, if not, then it will not have a price.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:46:34 PM

After bitcoin, there was still a lot of cryptocurrency. Each of them is unique and is designed for something. The uniqueness and target character it is that makes various altcoins valuable.

JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:57:22 PM

Among the altcoins there are also many very good coins. They have working projects, they are interesting to investors and traders. They have potential and therefore attract attention. Such coins will always be valuable.

Cocoincos

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:38:57 PM

the frist - need alive market, we dont have it know, but also depends good team and idea, also advisors and investors
abubakar.tapo

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:19:26 PM

I am sure that people do not know what it means to be a valuable tool in cryptography. If we talk about values, we say how useful and important it is that if we invest it in a project. We want to make a profit from a product that is available to everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: