Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum GPU Mining Optimisations for Pools  (Read 6564 times)
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:02:31 PM

Current block 2131068
Difficulty 65556
Frontier-style diff 78667

(not precise after homestead release, use Frontier-style diff)

http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
thevictimofuktyranny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:17:58 PM

Current block 2131068
Difficulty 65556
Frontier-style diff 78667

(not precise after homestead release, use Frontier-style diff)

http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/

SP_ I wouldn't trust something set up by some anonymous bloke on the internet Grin

Should the official mining calculator be incorrect, then simply PM Ethereum Foundation!

They will launch and investigation and send you a email back with their findings.

https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:32:15 PM

It's because the calculator you are using is based on the  homestead release difficulty.

If you use the frontier difficulty you get 0.27 ETH for 50.6 MHASH

The calculator I linked, was linked by Dwarfpool and it is pretty accurate.

Homestead was the old version of Etherum with higher payouts to the miners.

Frontier is the latest version of etherum with reduced payout to the miners.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:42:53 PM

It's because the calculator you are using is based on the  homestead release difficulty.

If you use the frontier difficulty you get 0.27 ETH for 50.6 MHASH

The calculator I linked, was linked by Dwarfpool and it is pretty accurate.

Homestead was the old version of Etherum with higher payouts to the miners.

Frontier is the latest version of etherum with reduced payout to the miners.

Yelp, but if you don't PM the Ethereum Foundation about this, how will they be able to fix it?
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:49:41 PM

Yelp, but if you don't PM the Ethereum Foundation about this, how will they be able to fix it?

Fuck The Ethereum Foundation...

Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:57:36 PM

There is no reason to swear SP_ , young people could end up reading this thread!

You need to set a good example to the young one's.

antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:12:42 PM

There is no reason to swear SP_ , young people could end up reading this thread!

You started it, you mentioned ethereum foundation...

What is your opinion about pools with profit switching dagger mining ports? Are their calculations right?
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:34:39 PM

You started it, you mentioned ethereum foundation...

What is your opinion about pools with profit switching dagger mining ports? Are their calculations right?

I don't bother with them - waiting 7 months -2 years for investments to mature returns better value.

Not to mention: the huge time saving from not having to pay attention every change in mining difficulty and small movements in markets.
nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:39:15 PM

You don't need to worry about young people.  However there seems to be at least one old prude reading this thread...
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:58:53 PM

You need to use the "frontier diff". Some calculators still use the old reward wich is higher than the current reward.

a thing that most of the users don't understand.

Confirmed.
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:00:42 PM

You don't need to worry about young people.  However there seems to be at least one old prude reading this thread...

Well, at least you've posted before Grin

I found this digression in one of your posts interesting:

"I grew up in a rural area; knew how to shoot, drive a tractor, and handle a chainsaw by age 12.  However I find intolerance is far more pervasive in rural areas than urban.  It was nothing to hear nigger and paki jokes at school, and if you valued your life you didn't come out as gay until after you left town.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I moved away for university (and suddenly found out some of my friends were gay)."

What part of USA are you from?

Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:09:13 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 04:22:17 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

China is a much more open and transparent place to operate for economic entrepreneurial minded people and business minded people - one of it's economic selling points.

When it comes to crypto-activities and crypto-business they are quite open about what you get for you hashpower.

Currently, f2pool.com is paying: 0.00638993 ETH per 1 Mhash/s pay by share.

50.63mhs would earn you 0.32352ETH today!

Please note pool fees are 3%, therefore net earnings a day will be 0.3138ETH.

As you can see: Etherscan is completely accurate for those lucky people mining ETH in China Smiley

The Ethereum Foundation is telling you the truth, about what you should be getting on the Etherscan Calculator.

Don't trust Ethereum Calculators by some anonymous bloke on the internet!

nerdralph

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:47:16 PM

Well, at least you've posted before Grin

I found this digression in one of your posts interesting:

"I grew up in a rural area; knew how to shoot, drive a tractor, and handle a chainsaw by age 12.  However I find intolerance is far more pervasive in rural areas than urban.  It was nothing to hear nigger and paki jokes at school, and if you valued your life you didn't come out as gay until after you left town.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I moved away for university (and suddenly found out some of my friends were gay)."

What part of USA are you from?

The 51st state, AKA Canada. :-)
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:04:45 PM

He/She has them on Intel Chipset/CPUs, when openCL needs AMD GPUs to be on AMD chipsets/cpus

He/She is sending 312mhz to poolside, but because they are on wrong chipset/cpu their efficiency to solve jobs is equivalent of:

254.3mhs

So, the stratum pool will assign jobs at 312mhs, but the rigs will solve those jobs at 254.3mhs.

Other GPU owners will then, be given more duplicate jobs to make up for that guy or gals inefficient rigs - this reduces the blocks found by the mining pool and reduces the mining payouts for everyone at at that mining pool!

this is a total bull shit.
dude you don't understand what you are talking about.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:06:26 PM

about that 121 watt for a 1070 mining eth+sia, how much is the hashrate for both? i don't remember such a low wattage for dual mining
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:19:40 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 05:33:06 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

about that 121 watt for a 1070 mining eth+sia, how much is the hashrate for both? i don't remember such a low wattage for dual mining

Not overclocked, Windows 7 and not Linux

25.55mhs for each card, total 51.1 mhs

426mhs for each card, total 852mhs

It may be the MSI model, because people are reporting higher ETH mhs with different manufacturer's card, but they may have bigger power draws.

For example, I use to have some 750TIs mining Lyra2re2:

Palit 750TI Storm Dual X used 75watts.

EVGA 750TI FTW used 55watts.

Pretty much the same hashrate on Lyra2re2 algo when I had them!

The EVGA model used 26% less electricity.

So, pick your 1070's out carefully - there can be a big difference in electricity usage between models and between different manufacturers.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:33:52 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 06:33:45 PM by Amph

mmh i think you can do a better thing at 140w with 30MH for eth and 600 on sia? i've not tested this so mere speculation
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:40:28 PM

mmh i think you can do a better thing at 140w with 30MH foer eth and 600 on sia? i've not tested this so mere speculation

Yeah,

I understand you can do better with a different implementation of Nvidia 1070 Smiley

DrX

Activity: 233
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 06:29:53 PM

You need to use the "frontier diff". Some calculators still use the old reward wich is higher than the current reward.

Etherscan calulator is showing:

0.328ETH per day for 50.64mhs minus 1% mining pool fee.

That's what i'm getting...

Cheesy Then don't waste my time posting with fake newbie account - this is an ANN for people who getting 10%-25% below the ethereum calculator.

You can't read English, can you:

"Many GPUs rig owners have been reporting getting 10%-25% less shares or payouts for mining Dagger (Ethereum) at the pools, when compared to the mining calculators. I decided more than 2 weeks ago to research this topic for the benefit of the GPU rig owners' community."

What is wrong with you?

There is nothing fake about my account, everyone is a newbie at start....but sorry i missed the part "when compared to the mining calculators"...
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 08:52:59 PM

Are you using stock BIOS on that R9 290, or are you using one of the BIOS from TheStilt?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: