Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about anonymous debit visa cards  (Read 311 times)
TookDk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 10:02:44 AM

Hi bitcointalk community,

I have for the last few years seen an increasing sale of anonymous VISA cards.
To be honest I have more or less assumed that these are used for shady business only.
But I can see a good use for these if you are using bitcoin already.
However, it must be perfectly legal, else is it irrelevant for me.

My first and most import question:
Is anonymous VISA cards in any way illegal to obtain and use under EU legislation?

If no, then:
What solutions exist? I have the impression that you can get them with both SEPA and Bitcoin transfer.
If using bitcoins, how long will it typical take for the funds to be credited?

I am also interested in knowing if "semi" anonymous solutions exist at a well know and trusted company, were you register with your name and true identity, but physically gets a card name written on the card.
I am fairly sure that no banks in Scandinavia offers this service.

Cheers Smiley

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:26:42 AM

I'm also worried about using bitcoin debit card where a random nickname is printed on the card, which in fact is not my name so if the card sucks at ATM and I should call someone(the security) to help me get back my card they would ask me for the ID which name should be the same on the card too, I would get in trouble and maybe arrested.

2) When my name is printed on my bitcoin debit card then it is easier because you are the owner of the card, and you an continue using it until you reach the limit.
TookDk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 10:40:58 AM

I'm also worried about using bitcoin debit card where a random nickname is printed on the card, which in fact is not my name so if the card sucks at ATM and I should call someone(the security) to help me get back my card they would ask me for the ID which name should be the same on the card too, I would get in trouble and maybe arrested.

2) When my name is printed on my bitcoin debit card then it is easier because you are the owner of the card, and you an continue using it until you reach the limit.

So, there is a name on the cards - but it is just not yours? That sounds a bit shady to me.
I had the impression that the card was just "blank" (no name written).

n691309
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:53:35 AM

So, there is a name on the cards - but it is just not yours? That sounds a bit shady to me.

I ordered one on cryptopay a while before and i was asked for a name which i choose a random one, so i have a limit of 2000€ lifetime to withdraw, but if i want to lift this limit I should send verifications documents to them.
TookDk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 11:28:58 AM

I ordered one on cryptopay a while before and i was asked for a name which i choose a random one, so i have a limit of 2000€ lifetime to withdraw, but if i want to lift this limit I should send verifications documents to them.

How long does it (practically take) from you bitcoin tx is confirmed on the blockchain to you can spend the cash on the cryptopay card?

n691309
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 12:06:22 PM

How long does it (practically take) from you bitcoin tx is confirmed on the blockchain to you can spend the cash on the cryptopay card?

I have never tried it because of the reason above, but if you have time check on their site because Im on the phone right now but will check later, but I dont think will needtoo much time, few confirmations should be enough or max 6.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: