Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:23:59 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid fear, am I the only one ?  (Read 550 times)
mad68 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:30:54 AM

Tell me about that : I have some Bitcoin on my mtgox.com wallet, and I would like to transfer them on another wallet, and especially a paper wallet that I've never added to any wallet client, I generated it with bitaddress.org
And the fact that I actually can't see my balance, can't check if my Bitcoins have arrived in my new wallet, well this is why my bitcoins are still in mtgox.com wallet ^^
So, is this a stupid fear, am I the only one ?
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:33:19 AM

Tell me about that : I have some Bitcoin on my mtgox.com wallet, and I would like to transfer them on another wallet, and especially a paper wallet that I've never added to any wallet client, I generated it with bitaddress.org
And the fact that I actually can't see my balance, can't check if my Bitcoins have arrived in my new wallet, well this is why my bitcoins are still in mtgox.com wallet ^^
So, is this a stupid fear, am I the only one ?

It's not the fear that's stupid.

:-D

You can actually check, since the ADDRESS of your paper wallet is PUBLIC, you can very well see that the coins arrived therein.
Only the PRIVATE KEY is, well, "private". This is the part you need to ACCESS your coins.

wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:36:19 AM

Use this link w/ the public address of your paper wallet to check the balance:

http://blockchain.info/address/<public_address_here>

Transfer a small amount first to see how it works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: