Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:01:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bowjob's $1000 PayPal loan shop. *in progress  (Read 1065 times)
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:39:38 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2013, 09:15:26 PM by Bowjob

Still funding my Paypal from my bank, here's the concept.

People who borrow BTC often get slaughtered by the rally, and some may be forced to scam like that dude who shorted 600 BTC @ $34.50. Probably. Maybe. I don't know.

I'm testing this idea out where I loan $100-$200 per person, and have them pay me back with BTC.

Advantages for me:
1.) If BTC goes down, I get more BTC. If not, then it's irrelevant since I still get the fiat value at that time I get paid back
2.) I can chargeback if I don't get my money back within the agreed date

Advantages to the lendee
1.) BTC rally won't affect them

What do you think everyone?
Nvm

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:55:26 AM

Keep in mind that even if you successfully dispute it you won't get the money back if the scammer already withdrawn it & has no funding sources.. sure it'll ruin their credit rating but they might be using a stolen / made up identity.

Not 100% risk free.
parseval

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:34:01 PM

What sort of interest rate are you charging?

Coinflow.co: Charts for BTC-TC, LTC-Global, Bitfunder, Havelock, and MPEx
tip address:  1EmZRimseBWhf5DuSisuhPTRtzejruHp3z
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 03:35:37 PM

Keep in mind that even if you successfully dispute it you won't get the money back if the scammer already withdrawn it & has no funding sources.. sure it'll ruin their credit rating but they might be using a stolen / made up identity.

Not 100% risk free.

Not to mention when Paypal finds out you are transacting with bitcoins they will freeze your account and your money for six months...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:37:37 PM

Well technically it isnt a paypal -> bitcoin transaction it is personal loan transaction, plus would be pretty hard for paypal to find out?
The only flaw I can see in this is the borrower trusting the OP not to chargeback once the loan has been repaid.

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 08:31:28 PM

Well technically it isnt a paypal -> bitcoin transaction it is personal loan transaction, plus would be pretty hard for paypal to find out?
The only flaw I can see in this is the borrower trusting the OP not to chargeback once the loan has been repaid.

Someone malicious trades with you and then complains to paypal and points them to the thread.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: