Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm buying bitcoins!!!  (Read 3124 times)
Valerius (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2010, 10:08:37 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 05:52:20 AM by Valerius

I'm buying bitcoins!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2010, 10:57:58 PM

If you want to sell your bitcoins make your offer here.

I will buy who makes the better deal.

Valerius

I think that part of your problem is that MtGox (and other markets) don't leave a publicly accessable record of the negotiations.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 27, 2010, 11:31:34 PM

I think that part of your problem is that MtGox (and other markets) don't leave a publicly accessable record of the negotiations.

What would you define as negotiations?

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2010, 11:35:23 PM

If you have LR why not use MtGox now? Just curious.  

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
mtgox

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2010, 12:08:54 AM

but you are buying BTC so why do you care if the Gox USD is backed or not?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2010, 04:53:43 AM

but you are buying BTC so why do you care if the Gox USD is backed or not?
Why I have to put fresh money on a hot air backed market?

I doubt your trade platform have enough money to pay all members if they ask for their money right now.

Your site numbers is not valid if the money is not there...

Prove I'm wrong and happily I will be there. Show the money.

Valerius.

Two days ago he wasn't paying out any USD at all, so it seems like there is a good chance that the total of all deposits is not in the LR account yet, maybe never if he might pay some people some other ways.

Now if there was doubt that the USD could be paid then the bitcoin price would be inflated, and I think it was when there was uncertainty about the timeline. But now there doesn't seem to be any difference. And as a bitcoin buyer you have like 5 minutes of exposure.

If your worry is shared then you should be able to get them cheaper because bitcoin sellers won't want to risk not getting paid and will take a lower price to avoid the "risky" mtgox.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2010, 05:21:16 AM

I'm not saying it wouldn't be good to show assets, I think it would.

We would need to see a full list of accounts to compare, that would be interesting info.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 04:06:02 PM

>But now there doesn't seem to be any difference. And as a bitcoin buyer you have like 5 minutes of exposure.

Let's make it a little more...

I'm able to buy 10k btc with fresh LR money that is real money not hot air backed numbers.

Valerius

What's important about Mt. Gox's "hot air backed numbers" is the volume.  The volume is above 41,000 today so you could buy 10,000 bitcoins at approximately Mt. Gox's advertised price.  Remember, you can always set a limit order and not a market order.  If you were buying above volume then you have a point, but since you are only buying 10,000 then it's not a major issue.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 04:42:35 PM

>But now there doesn't seem to be any difference. And as a bitcoin buyer you have like 5 minutes of exposure.

Let's make it a little more...

I'm able to buy 10k btc with fresh LR money that is real money not hot air backed numbers.

Valerius

What's important about Mt. Gox's "hot air backed numbers" is the volume.  The volume is above 41,000 today so you could buy 10,000 bitcoins at approximately Mt. Gox's advertised price.  Remember, you can always set a limit order and not a market order.  If you were buying above volume then you have a point, but since you are only buying 10,000 then it's not a major issue.

Sorry but if the money is not there the volume is nothing more than Hot air.

Again, show me the money.

Valerius

Please explain how you want Mt. Gox to "show you the money".  Would bitcoinmarket.com peer-to-peer method to buy bitcoins satisfy your requirement? 
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 05:38:21 PM

I don't understand him either.  I don't LR should be the standard to claim Bitcoins is 'backed'.  He didn't answer my question about bitcoinmarket.com which is peer-to-peer and direct payments are made.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 06:08:48 PM

the ones complaining about bubbles, hot air, etc are always those who missed the train
the ones complaining about low prices are the ones already invested
this is the typical psychology

BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 06:53:25 PM

How can they make the market price if they have no money?
Who's they?
It's not mtgox who makes the price, it's you and me and everyone else that made an offer to buy or sell.

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 09:51:31 PM

Many, many people have bought 10,000 BT on Mt. Gox.  This is not a big deal for me or for those who've been able to buy and get their bitcoins on Mt. Gox.  Either you trust Mt. Gox, bitcoinmarket, individual users etc. or you don't.  I think it is more a matter of trust than the fact that the bitcoins are "backed".  I supposed "backed" bitcoins could earn more trust, but I think trust is built over time.  Although Valerius may have a somewhat of a good point he just seems to be on the verge of paranoia on this matter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: