Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The safest wallet?  (Read 31159 times)
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 12:02:47 AM

Hardware wallets are more secure than paper wallets as unlike a paper wallet which cannot be imported on a compromised system, HW wallets can. We at betbybitcoin are doing a competition to win one on the cheap:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1734887.msg%msg_id%

They are worth every penny you spend on them, i wont ever look back

Jacob

Getting a bunch of people to pay 0.001BTC/$1.01 for a chance at a 15€ hardware wallet?

Also.. This thread is going in the direction of most threads on this forum.. People with no technical insight and very little experience just flash-posting..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shmoke-und-a-pancake

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:58:18 AM

There are three safe methods of storing your bitcoin.

1 - Paper wallet (Printed could be infected with malware, and take records of your private keys)

2 - Cold storage (Arduous to use, expensive to set up)

3 - Hardware wallet (Needs to be initialised on a 100% clean computer, otherwise seed could be found)

clean computer is a must, yes.  but just fyi, the keepkey displays the seed words (12, 18, 24, etc) on it's display, not the computer's monitor/graphics - so this hardware wallet adds that additional layer of abstraction.
shmoke-und-a-pancake

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:22:06 AM

Blockchain.info is the best wallet

none of the web based wallets is 'best'.  they are convenient, and handy to have on your phone for your everyday wallet.  but for true 'best' one must control ones private keys, hence a paper or hardware wallet should be considered for ones "real" personal BTC bank. (anything that would be devestating to lose)

transfer from your hardware to your web/phone wallet as needed.  keep the real funds more protected.

Turox

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:37:21 AM

I use blockchain.info, never found error. I think you must trying wallet from blockchain.info, and then i have private key , so if any problem my bitcoin not lose.
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:53:54 AM

I too save my bitcoins in electrum. it is safe to store btc here. They provide you a seed during sign up which can be used for recovery of your wallet even when your laptop gets corrupted. Better to copy the seed in a paper for future use.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:08:01 AM

I use blockchain.info, never found error. I think you must trying wallet from blockchain.info, and then i have private key , so if any problem my bitcoin not lose.

Obviously 90% will suggest to use blockchain.info as it is official version and our cryptocurrency is totally safe on their hand. If you still want to use 3rd party wallet is upto your thinking, I don't use any party wallet so I guarantee what they could do to your account Undecided
Blockchain.info IS NOT THE OFFICIAL WALLET!!! Most people will in fact NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE THEIR WALLET. Their service has had multiple security issues and vulnerabilities in the past. Furthermore, they ARE a third party wallet. You do not control your Bitcoin if you store it with them; they do. Should their service shutdown, you will lose all access to your Bitcoin.

Blockchain.info IS A SERVICE, NOT THE BLOCKCHAIN. THEY ARE NOTHING OFFICIAL.

Yes it's a bullshit situation when they named themselves BLOCKCHAIN, now every newbie will be confused about it.

However you can still use them as a MULTISIG system.

Make a 2/3 multisig wallet, keep 2 keys on paper offline (where 1 key is stored for longterm, and 1 key is for immediate use),and 1 key at blockchain.info's wallet.

Then you just use the immediate paper key and the blockchain wallet to authenticate a  transaction.

If blockchain.info gets hacked, then you create another multisig. If you forget 1 paper key or the blockchain login, then you use the other paper key as the 2nd key.

morgand

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:51:12 AM

from what i have read on this post, i agree there is no official and safest wallet in this world.
But still, i use blockchain.info to create my wallet. I still learning about this world of cryptocoin, and looking forward to make my own cold storage or USB wallet thing. cheers
Bedebah

Activity: 524

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:45:01 AM

Yes I agree, I use more than 2 years and never found problems. I never try and use others wallet after know Blockchain.info. For me, Blockchain.info is very secure, and fast than coinbase, xapo or other web wallet.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:55:13 AM

The safest wallet would definitely be a dedicated cold storage setup, when set up correctly. Or even a ledger/trezor wallet.

Depends on your place located like here in the philippines we have our online wallet which is coins.ph that is so accessible.
Um... coins.ph isn't necessarily the safest wallet around. I have no idea why you even had the balls to mention that site.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
bigmo

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:07:26 AM

from what i have read on this post, i agree there is no official and safest wallet in this world.
But still, i use blockchain.info to create my wallet. I still learning about this world of cryptocoin, and looking forward to make my own cold storage or USB wallet thing. cheers

At the moment the safest wallet in the world is probably Trezor - not any single confirmed case about loss of coins.
Blockchain.info has been "hacked" already by Johoe and he returned the coins to them on Trezor.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/interview-johoe-hacker-returned-800-bitcoins/

Please bear in mind: "if you do not hold your private keys, you do not own your coins"

Also you have  https://copay.io/ they wallets for every platform and it is open source and works with Trezor perfectly.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:17:20 AM

Googe Drive is the safest wallet for documents and Paytm is the safest wallet for online payments Smiley

Regards,
Victor

Magento Android App Extension

Hello Victor,

I think you have stumbled into the wrong forum....

The website you're shilling out doesn't even relate to bitcoin, what's going on man are you ok?
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:19:57 AM

Googe Drive is the safest wallet for documents and Paytm is the safest wallet for online payments Smiley

Regards,
Victor

Hello Victor,

The website you're shilling out doesn't even relate to bitcoin, what's going on man are you ok?

Lol. Just another noob whos shilling unrelated shit. Google drive fanboy. Makes me laugh hard.
Google drive is not a bitcoin wallet and not really meant for storing private keys or bitcoin. Its a stupid thing to do. Theres so much bitcoin wallets out there. Just get one.
Invincible

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:18:09 AM

I use core and now install dark wallet for anonymous transactions
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:26:09 AM

Hardware wallets are more secure than paper wallets as unlike a paper wallet which cannot be imported on a compromised system, HW wallets can. We at betbybitcoin are doing a competition to win one on the cheap:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1734887.msg%msg_id%

They are worth every penny you spend on them, i wont ever look back

Jacob

Getting a bunch of people to pay 0.001BTC/$1.01 for a chance at a 15€ hardware wallet?

Also.. This thread is going in the direction of most threads on this forum.. People with no technical insight and very little experience just flash-posting..

We actually ran the competition at a loss due to getting less than 20 entrants however the importance of promoting use of hardware wallets, signing transactions in a secure element is needed. I have enough technical knowledge that I take pains over and over to mention why hardware or multisig wallets should be used. Private keys should not even touch your system RAM for good security.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:34:40 PM

Regards,
Victor

Hello Victor,

Lol. Just another noob whos shilling unrelated shit. Google drive fanboy. Makes me laugh hard.
Google drive is not a bitcoin wallet and not really meant for storing private keys or bitcoin. Its a stupid thing to do. Theres so much bitcoin wallets out there. Just get one.

LOL
DuddlyDoRight

Activity: 318
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 12:14:46 AM

Oh look an argument.. I think this is actually better than seeing the billionth taiwanese or indian or philippine or israel poster tell use the most secure methods while not knowing any of the technical details, or what is commonly known as the average bitcoin service startup owner tell us what is best..

I have faith that one day this forum will get threads where people won't just repeat their previous posts or what others have already stated in the same thread. Also that people will stop acting like BTC is toy-money and start holding vendors accountable. Naive? Maybe.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:24:37 AM

Depends on your place located like here in the philippines we have our online wallet which is coins.ph that is so accessible.

Yes, I agree with you, it totally depends on where you are located because there are some country that have their own coin and online wallet that makes their country men feels easy and to those who does not have they uses blockchain.info

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Vasilije69

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:10:33 PM

I think USB flashdrive wallets are the safest.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:56:16 PM

I think USB flashdrive wallets are the safest.
It is safe if you have the back up in another flash drive as you never know when these drives stops working,but it is better than saving your coins online.

Oh look an argument.. I think this is actually better than seeing the billionth taiwanese or indian or philippine or israel poster tell use the most secure methods while not knowing any of the technical details, or what is commonly known as the average bitcoin service startup owner tell us what is best..
May be they do have a billion population and they do have their own opinion regarding things  Cheesy you being an expert why dont you shed some of your technical expertise when it comes to the safest wallet and i am not aware what the average bitcoin service startup owner consider best,can you explain that to me as i have never met someone in person nor read their posts. Tongue
soros017

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:59:36 PM

Yes, I agree with you, it totally depends on where you are located because there are some country that have their own coin and online wallet that makes their country men feels easy and to those who does not have they uses blockchain.info

For beginners, I think blockchain.info is the best choice as it is easy to create the wallet, to use it, and you can access this anywhere. Also, I think the site has no restrictions in most countries. At least so far, I don't know any country that prohibits its use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: