Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:37:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Relationship Thread: G/F, Wife, Significant Other...etc... Tales...  (Read 5778 times)
Britainacoin

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:45:13 PM

Just out of curiosity, are there even any women on this forum? lol

There are no women on the internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 10:20:32 PM

When ever I think about selling some btc, my wife talks me out of it.  When ever she thinks about selling some I talk her out of it.  So far its worked very well!
But last night... we stayed up late and spent a bunch of btc at the bitcoinstore.  We have been needing a couple more computers and finally bought them along with some other things.

Often we discuss where that valid line of government should be (usually in the libertarian/anarchist spectrum) and how such should/could be implemented.

She doesn't "waste" her time on the forums, but she stays informed of all the drama, news, happenings.  We would both be attending the Bitcoin conference, but we have a little baby and she has a sister in San Jose.  So she's making me go convention, while she has a vacation.

And my daughter, she gets insulted if I offer her cash instead of btc for helping with Bees Brothers or any other paying job.  So her $6 coins have treated her well.

Our biggest area of disagreement tends to be if certain politicians should be shot or hung. Wink

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:41:36 PM

Miss bitcoin wanted  Wink

BitcoinTate (OP)

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:42:27 PM

I second that motion!

- aka The "DigiMan"
Woodcock36

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:12:49 AM

This. But also....

My girlfriend doesn't understand bitcoin, feels that I am ignoring her at night now when I am home, until bedtime....if you know what I mean. But all in all she has been great about it. 2 years of me 'ignoring' her, and I actually have spent some coin on her because of my wise investments....so I tend to think the amount of time BTC can take up would stress any relationship, but if your significant other respects you enough to know that your time and hobbies are yours as well as theirs, and you don't spend 26 hours a day obsessing about one thing, whether it be btc or something else, there is more than enough time in the day for a healthy relationship and a life-consuming hobby such as this.

And to the guy who's wife,gf...whatever fixes his rigs....thanks, I am going to be training my gf up and hopefully teach her the way of the coin this weekend....she will probably ask me for a tip. and I got just the one for her.

Tip me for glory!: 1FKppwEjrenyhNXC9AHobgtuCcBTSLdnzY
Mosper

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:21:34 AM

My lady has done nothing but encourage my joining the BTC community and is very interested when she asks what I'm doing as I refresh MtGox/BTCjam/These forums. You should get a better girlfriend.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:34:54 AM

So I told her about this thread and all the comments people have made (left a few of the more descriptive ones out haha)... twenty minutes later she came in with $300 in cash and said "buy me some Bitcoin, everyone else you have convinced has been making money." I said: "Ok, its not all about making money though.... its about a revolutionary new way to take the power of currency from the hands of corrupt banksters and put it in the hands of we the people."

She seems to be warming up to this crazy idea we call Bitcoin.

- aka The "DigiMan"
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:52:42 AM

So I told her about this thread and all the comments people have made (left a few of the more descriptive ones out haha)... twenty minutes later she came in with $300 in cash and said "buy me some Bitcoin, everyone else you have convinced has been making money." I said: "Ok, its not all about making money though.... its about a revolutionary new way to take the power of currency from the hands of corrupt banksters and put it in the hands of we the people."

Did she change her mind about the pre-nup? Smiley

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Woodcock36

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:07:32 AM

The current attraction to the coin seems to be money. I have found that introducing people to the money aspect first brings them to the realization that there is more to it than that. My co-workers, in the past month, have seen their investments in my way of living this life increase exponentially, and now they are getting into the community/idea of this wonderful movement we are a part of. I am just waiting for their posts in the introduction thread. But it is my fault for not telling them to just jump in. So guys from OGRFX, if you're reading this....JOIN NOW!.

And congrats on getting her to invest. I'm selling a small portion at 90 if you want to do a direct sale Wink

Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:11:25 AM

Certain things are important. You don't have to agree on them, but you should be able to be civil and discuss them with respect to one another.
I'm glad shes coming around to it, but she still seems like she doesn't respect you much. :\

ZOMG Moo!
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:15:49 AM

The current attraction to the coin seems to be money. I have found that introducing people to the money aspect first brings them to the realization that there is more to it than that. My co-workers, in the past month, have seen their investments in my way of living this life increase exponentially, and now they are getting into the community/idea of this wonderful movement we are a part of. I am just waiting for their posts in the introduction thread. But it is my fault for not telling them to just jump in. So guys from OGRFX, if you're reading this....JOIN NOW!.

And congrats on getting her to invest. I'm selling a small portion at 90 if you want to do a direct sale Wink

I would have taken you up on that and avoided the $15 Bitinstant fee on $300, but sadly we already bought it together... thanks though!. OMG we bought our first BTC together... such a huge first! lol

- aka The "DigiMan"
Woodcock36

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:34:50 AM

I would have taken you up on that and avoided the $15 Bitinstant fee on $300, but sadly we already bought it together... thanks though!. OMG we bought our first BTC together... such a huge first! lol

If you like it you better put a satoshi on it?

I apologize for that, my brain starts going full retard around 10:30 Tongue

BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:36:15 AM

If you like it you better put a satoshi on it?

I apologize for that, my brain starts going full retard around 10:30 Tongue
lol!

- aka The "DigiMan"
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:52:42 AM

Very good point. Every time she gets pissed at me she threatens to sue me for something.

Remember:  There's at least a little bit of truth behind every joke.

I've been married to my wife for almost 13 years (and we've been together for almost 23 - don't tell Dr. Laura though, she'd be pissed!).  My wife has never really understood Bitcoin, and would readily admit as much.  We've discussed it on and off since I discovered it in early 2012, and she does understand the concepts to a point, but definitely not the intricacies.  What she does understand though is that I think it is important, and that's been enough.  She supports me as it has gone up, and also understands that it is possible that for any number of reasons it could go to zero.  Although I've not invested straight cash into BTC, I have purchased hardware to mine, so indirectly I have.

In short, she doesn't support Bitcoin...she supports me...and I, her.  Bitcoin is just one current topic of many in our lives, but I know the support is constant.  So does she.

I would honestly ask yourself if this really has anything at all to do with Bitcoin?

Best of luck to you...and to her.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:04:45 AM

Make it official. 
Put your vows in the block chain Smiley 
frga13

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 05:51:08 AM

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her and all I did was watch stupid boring charts. Then she reiterated her point that BTC is illegal and will be shutdown eventually (ironic she says that because she is an attorney and has no freaking clue what BTC is).  Then she put her hands on her hips and told me if I was making so much money I needed to take her to a nice dinner or else there was no point being together! lol!

So I am thinking of dumping her? Anyone else ended a relationship over BTC? haha

Grin Grin
Dump the bitch! lol  Shocked
MsBitcoin

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:25:56 AM

me?

glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:37:14 AM

had the same problem. Gave her a paper wallet showing that she can look at the value  on blockchain.org. Now she has more in bitcoin than fiat and the problem has been solved.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 08:58:50 AM

In hysterics over this thread to be honest lol and I'm single

You basically illustrated my point. One girl says "I don't think bitcoin will work", so a neckbeard breaks up with her instead of just being patient because "fuck anyone who has a different religious, political or technological opinion than me!".  Roll Eyes

I'm single and I've talked to people about Bitcoin, if anyone makes any stupid comments I just laugh at them because by the time they've spoken the value has risen again Tongue I haven't really talked much to the girls I know about it though because I don't think they'd be interested but the ones that I have have had the balls to say they don't know anything about it so Tongue Guess I just know intelligent girls, I can't stand the dumb girls with princess syndrome which is probably why I haven't got a g/f yet >_<.
prezbo

Activity: 430

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:10:24 AM

lol! Yeah, we both from day one have agreed if we ever did (now not likely) we would get a prenup. But if she ever tried to take my stash I would take a magnet to my pc right away, drill a hole in my HD and then light it on fire in front of her. Then go did up the flash drive I have buried in the backyard when she is not looking and run! lol! j/k

Um... Am I the only one who would not share the wallet password with my girlfriend?  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: