Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Relationship Thread: G/F, Wife, Significant Other...etc... Tales...  (Read 5778 times)
glitch003

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:41:08 PM

(ironic she says that because she is an attorney and has no freaking clue what BTC is). 

Have you ever explained it to her, or better yet, has she ever asked what exactly it is?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:57:00 PM

Just tell them they are worth $90 apiece and then they will go Shocked and you will be Grin

BitcoinTate (OP)

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:01:11 PM

Just wanted to say hello and that the title of the thread should be Significant Others.

(there are girls who are into btc too)

Thread name changed Smiley Glad to here there are some ladies on here!

Yes I have tried to explain it several times but she doesn't care to hear about it. Although she finally just texted me she would buy some since I told her the price is about to hit $90. I have been trying to get her interested in it since it was at like $18. lol

We met at the gym actually.

- aka The "DigiMan"
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:02:20 PM

My GF bitched me out last night because she said I wouldn't stop talking about Bitcoin and I wasn't paying enough attention to her and all I did was watch stupid boring charts. Then she reiterated her point that BTC is illegal and will be shutdown eventually (ironic she says that because she is an attorney and has no freaking clue what BTC is).  Then she put her hands on her hips and told me if I was making so much money I needed to take her to a nice dinner or else there was no point being together! lol!

So I am thinking of dumping her? Anyone else ended a relationship over BTC? haha

I have the same problem, only I'm married Tongue
She just jokes around about my interest in BTC, however, she's very excited about me getting enough money to pay the mortgage, I told her I won't be spending my coins anytime soon!!! Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Eri

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:06:40 PM

Anyone who would break up with their girlfriend over their opinion of bitcoin is a sad SOB imo. That's like breaking up with her because of her religion, or simply for her political views. If you break up with her, make it because she's generally irrational on all subjects and is unworkable as a partner for the long term. Otherwise, I would be telling her "time to find another boyfriend".

what this guy said.

I often get the feeling most people troll in regards to dating advice :X
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:06:56 PM

I told her I won't be spending my coins anytime soon!!! Smiley
If you're married they're not deathcode's coins, but deathcode couple's ones (fucking english yours/yours)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:07:37 PM

Anyone who would break up with their girlfriend over their opinion of bitcoin is a sad SOB imo. That's like breaking up with her because of her religion, or simply for her political views.

Politics and religion are excellent reasons to break up with a girlfriend. Better a breakup now than a divorce later.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:08:02 PM

Anyone who would break up with their girlfriend over their opinion of bitcoin is a sad SOB imo. That's like breaking up with her because of her religion, or simply for her political views.

Politics and religion are excellent reasons to break up with a girlfriend. Better a breakup now than a divorce later.
1 internet for you sir

Haters: note that he said that they're excellent reasons to break up, he didn't say that different points of view about religion/politics WILL make a couple end in a divorce

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:11:58 PM

+1

- aka The "DigiMan"
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:14:20 PM

Judging by the responses, I'd be surprised if anyone responding wasn't single.

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

Anyone else ended a relationship over BTC? haha

Nope, but I started earlier, because a relationship ended.

Just out of curiosity, are there even any women on this forum? lol

There are only a few, because… uhm… we don't sell shoes here?  Roll Eyes

wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:19:59 PM

Happily married.

Once you're older and have been married for a few years to the right person, you'll look back at your earlier self and wonder why you put up with all those crazy bitches for so long.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:21:41 PM

Keep thinking that, that's your problem if you can live with people that don't value what you like
I personally need someone that at least try to understand why I like the things I like, which clearly isn't the case here
And "Judging by the responses, I'd be surprised if" I was the only one

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:23:26 PM

I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.

LMAO if anyone knows that quote, you win LOL
inb4 everybody googles it

BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:24:25 PM

Happily married.

Once you're older and have been married for a few years to the right person, you'll look back at your earlier self and wonder why you put up with all those crazy bitches for so long.

But the crazy bitches are usually the best in bed! lol Perhaps one day I will grow out of them....

- aka The "DigiMan"
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:25:41 PM

My ex-gf was violently against Bitcoin, but that was not the reason we broke up.  I chatted with her the other day and couldn't help but brag about being up North of 100-grand.  Her first response was 'why don't you sell them?'  Of course.

Most of the other women in my life are smart and tolerant.  Most of them have no trouble understanding the secure blockchain aspects of the solution, but are certainly not fascinated by it as is the case with a fraction of my male friends.  Of course most of my male friends are not fascinated by it either, but the gender difference does seem to be noticeable.

The position I and my interested friends have adopted is just to not talk about Bitcoin around the lady-folk.  At least until we are up by more than 100% which seems to soften the tone somewhat.  Easy enough to do these days with the rising tide floating all boats and such.

I guess maybe Bitcoin is most suitable for gay males.  Come to think of it, it was one of the things that bound Bruce and is partner together it seemed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:27:43 PM

I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.

LMAO if anyone knows that quote, you win LOL
Tommy!

- aka The "DigiMan"
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:31:05 PM

100% yes to this!  Disagreements on religion or politics (or money) is a HUGE red flag when talking about getting married.  You've got to be on the same page with your spouse on anything that either of you feel passionately about, or it's very likely going to end badly.  People have euphoric views on how they will change their spouse's viewpoint, or how it doesn't really matter and they'll just work it out, but that doesn't match reality.

Source:  Happily married for almost 7 years now.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:36:49 PM

it was one of the things that bound Bruce and is partner together it seemed.

That and a male prostitution business.

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:27:21 PM

Dump her  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: