Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:34:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderation Team  (Read 2020 times)
Jessy Kang (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:50:12 PM

Can we have clearer guidelines? It seems rather arbitrary on the part of some moderators. Is there any penalty, or arbitration process for grossly abusing their position by locking or obfuscating relevant, topical threads or for accepting Bitcoin transfer in exchange for Whitelist status?

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smackdaddy

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:01:52 PM

You really have time to worry about who's moderating the moderators?
tehcodez

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:02:49 PM

I just had a thread deleted, along with various posts about a relative topic and subject.

Just saying...
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:16:41 PM

Guidelines: Don't annoy people. Use common sense. Don't talk just about the forum constantly -- this is a forum about Bitcoin, not a forum about the Bitcoin Forum. Post quality material. Don't troll.

Arbitration: PM me.

I don't see any problem with accepting "bribes" for whitelist status as long as the whitelisted person doesn't then start posting garbage.

I just had a thread deleted, along with various posts about a relative topic and subject.

Just saying...

You were posting rumors and annoying people.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
tehcodez

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:20:51 PM

No, I posted some of the ONLY "news" about a critical service down for 4 hours. Sorry "rumors" affect the market, but they need to be handled. Sorry if that "rumor" annoyed people unprepared for a possible outcome.

Guess they couldn't handle it. BTW your PM said it shouldn't be posted out of thread. You deleted the thread to. No discussion about anything.

Why not let the community judge...
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:23:14 PM

No, I posted some of the ONLY "news" about a critical service down for 4 hours. Sorry "rumors" affect the market, but they need to be handled. Sorry if that "rumor" annoyed people unprepared for a possible outcome.

Guess they couldn't handle it. BTW your PM said it shouldn't be posted out of thread. You deleted the thread to. No discussion about anything.

Why not let the community judge...

The thread is right here:
https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=15981.msg209454#msg209454

tehcodez

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:28:53 PM

Cool beans... as long as its up you're legit (I'm still t'd my post count went down), though I'll try to make extra sure I keep it in the little lines you give me kk.

Though with that, any news is market news :-) Veracity is subjective.
Jessy Kang (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:37:33 AM

Post quality material.

I did, it was locked, then buried by a power drunk mod who has still not been removed.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:58:46 AM

In our defense, we weren't really given any direction other than the post asking for mods. I'm sure Atlas is sorry, since he seems like a nice guy.

Jessy Kang (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:12:17 AM

I'm sure Atlas is sorry, since he seems like a nice guy.

Locking a highly relevant thread, then burying it to the point it is now unrecoverable, then demanding a reason over PM why he should fix it (even though he could not) is all inconsistent with the role of moderator.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:28:50 AM

I'm sure Atlas is sorry, since he seems like a nice guy.

Locking a highly relevant thread, then burying it to the point it is now unrecoverable, then demanding a reason over PM why he should fix it (even though he could not) is all inconsistent with the role of moderator.
Was it wrong? Absolutely. But, come on... It was his first day as a mod.

I'm sure he also assumed that the merge was reversible, which is why he thought he could fix it.

Jessy Kang (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:35:20 AM

It is an issue of judgement- not skill. One is likely to improve, the other is not. He undermines the credibility of the moderation team. Is it really in your best interest, or the interest of the forum to defend him and allow him to remain in a position he has already grossly- and repeatedly abused?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:48:11 AM

The posts can be split if you can identify them from the mess. The post titles were unfortunately also changed, so that will be difficult.

Merging the topics was a really bad idea (since it created a mess and the posts then couldn't be recovered easily), but most of the topics were repeat complaints. Removing them all ended up being a positive thing, IMO.

Jessy Kang (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:57:11 AM

The posts can be split if you can identify them from the mess. The post titles were unfortunately also changed, so that will be difficult.

I spent hours writing my posts- check my profile, you may disagree but considerably more thought and effort went into them then Atlas stabbing blindly at the mod controls with his mouth stick. They are effectively unrecoverable, the best way to insure that it does not happen again (and he is still advocating similar tactics) is to remove him from the team.

You can't have businesspeople coming on the forum, rolling out Bitcoin and also have trigger happy Mods repeatedly trying to censor them and they say "oh but he's sorry". I get the whole loyalty thing- but is this really where you want to make your stand? Is this really best for the forum and the growth of Bitcoin?
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:09:20 AM

It is an issue of judgement- not skill. One is likely to improve, the other is not. He undermines the credibility of the moderation team. Is it really in your best interest, or the interest of the forum to defend him and allow him to remain in a position he has already grossly- and repeatedly abused?
I don't really understand... You've already won this battle. Removing Atlas from being a mod would mean that we'd just have to go though this again with someone else. There's a reason why when someone does something bad at a company, they send them to be retrained instead of firing them. Please, just give Atlas another chance.

Just so you know, I'm only replying to you for your sake. I will not continue justifying Atlas' actions to you. If you decide to continue arguing about this, you'll just be ignored.

Jessy Kang (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:17:57 AM

Just so you know, I'm only replying to you for your sake. I will not continue justifying Atlas' actions to you. If you decide to continue arguing about this, you'll just be ignored.

Understood.
Waldschrat

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:50:42 PM

Can we have clearer guidelines? It seems rather arbitrary on the part of some moderators
+1

I don't want to blame anyone for anything but why was the URL, I put in my signature, deleted? I'm not aware of any rules, which forbid ads and I still see many people here who link to several other websites.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:05:10 PM

I don't want to blame anyone for anything but why was the URL, I put in my signature, deleted? I'm not aware of any rules, which forbid ads and I still see many people here who link to several other websites.

Links are automatically removed if you have less than 10 posts, and images are automatically removed if you have less than 50.

Waldschrat

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:10:36 PM

Links are automatically removed if you have less than 10 posts, and images are automatically removed if you have less than 50.
Thanks! Smiley

Well, that means now I should be able to link to other sites again...

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:33:32 PM

Isn't the whole you-need-X-posts-to-do-Y a bit counter-productive and leading to people posting less interesting content in order to reach X posts ?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: