Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:29:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake Scams to try and discredit Bitcoin!  (Read 4722 times)
MonkeyBear68 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:20:43 PM

It seems that detractors of Bitcoin will stop at nothing to try and discredit it. I often search for the last hour of results in Google to try and find the latest news about Bitcoin. Today I found this link:
http://financialsurvivalnetwork.com/2013/03/confessions-of-a-bitcoin-scammer/

It was created by TruthNeverTold who seems to have issues with Bitcoin. He references another article:
http://nerdr.com/bitcoin-exchange-scam-bitcoins-are-worthless/

The details provided are of course always vague, but they try to support the fact that the price on an exchange was manipulated. I find the article to be total nonsense and most likely totally fabricated.

I often see other results such as "Bitcoin Crash" in which the website operator obviously is just changing a small amount of content to get their article on the forking incident (or others) to appear more recent in Google.

It seems that since everything has been going so well for Bitcoin lately, that detractors must invent some "Fake Scams" to make the headlines and try and discredit it.

It would be interesting to see what other "Fake Scam" articles others have encountered.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:25:11 PM

It seems that detractors of Bitcoin will stop at nothing to try and discredit it. I often search for the last hour of results in Google to try and find the latest news about Bitcoin. Today I found this link:
http://financialsurvivalnetwork.com/2013/03/confessions-of-a-bitcoin-scammer/

It was created by TruthNeverTold who seems to have issues with Bitcoin. He references another article:
http://nerdr.com/bitcoin-exchange-scam-bitcoins-are-worthless/

The details provided are of course always vague, but they try to support the fact that the price on an exchange was manipulated. I find the article to be total nonsense and most likely totally fabricated.

I often see other results such as "Bitcoin Crash" in which the website operator obviously is just changing a small amount of content to get their article on the forking incident (or others) to appear more recent in Google.

It seems that since everything has been going so well for Bitcoin lately, that detractors must invent some "Fake Scams" to make the headlines and try and discredit it.

It would be interesting to see what other "Fake Scam" articles others have encountered.

It always bothered me that pro-bitcoiners with so much imagination would often miss the most simplest of explanations. When someone is holding bitcoin, they want good news about bitcoin to be heard. When someone knows bitcoin will be worth a lot later but didn't get to buy in cheap, they want bad news about bitcoin to be heard, until they can buy in.

As for the general topic of discrediting bitcoin, bitcoiners do that pretty well by themselves. If everyone here talked like Yifu Guo, we'd probably already be there by now. Instead, they all talk like dank.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 06:29:47 PM

As for the general topic of discrediting bitcoin, bitcoiners do that pretty well by themselves. If everyone here talked like Yifu Guo, we'd probably already be there by now. Instead, they all talk like dank.

Heh, true.

Sup with you around here Matthew? Preparing for the next "big thing"? Don't know why I had you on ignore.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:33:21 PM

In further response to this topic, there is a growing sense of "religion" to bitcoin and it's quite sickening. Yes, every following needs supporters, but support should be logical, not emotional. Once you hear people screaming in your ear that "if you don't use bitcoin, you're going to lose!" then it becomes a ponzi scheme, fraud, and you start to see everyone around you as being delusional. I know that's not exact, as many do truly see the potential bitcoin can bring, but look at OP for example. Instead of just admitting that an anonymous currency is basically a hacker/thiefs wet dream and that the scamming will obviously get worse over time, he'd prefer to paint the paranoid picture that people are out to get it. Sound familiar, Christians?

Heh, true.

Sup with you around here Matthew? Preparing for the next "big thing"? Don't know why I had you on ignore.

Will PM.

MonkeyBear68 (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:30:36 PM

A mysterious spiritual leader who disappeared...
An inner circle of Cardinals Core Developers who decide policy matters for the Priesthood mining pools, who control the Clergy miners, who take a tithe 25BTC mining reward from the Congregation stake-holders' pockets every 10 minutes.

No wonder it's getting so popular -- I don't know what you're complaining about! Wink

Who will serve as sacrifice tonight?  Undecided
momagic

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:42:36 PM

People out there want free money, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 02:36:15 PM

People out there want free money, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

For those who didn't realise the piece being quoted has been around since June 2011 and was discussed here at the time.

I tried to leave a comment under this video of TruthBeTold's only to be reminded I am banned from commenting there!!!

Basically what I wanted to say is either he is really poor at researching his material or he should rename his channel to LieBeRepeated!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: