Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:58:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pywallet dont change passphrase!  (Read 1232 times)
Uottys (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:40:19 AM

Hi,I forgot my password to my wallet in bitcoin qt v.0.13 new,and try change but no result.After I open pywallet.py --web,and change passphrase , in localhost was written done!,and I stop pywallet --web.After I open bitcoin qt , and password dont changed.What you may help in this situation?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:37:17 AM

Hi,I forgot my password to my wallet in bitcoin qt v.0.13 new,and try change but no result.After I open pywallet.py --web,and change passphrase , in localhost was written done!,and I stop pywallet --web.After I open bitcoin qt , and password dont changed.What you may help in this situation?

It is very difficult to understand what you are saying, but it seems you don't know your password.  pywallet can't change your password if you don't know it to unlock it.  That would be a huge security hole.

This isn't a pywallet issue, it is a you not knowing your password issue.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 01:12:41 PM

You can't change the password without knowing the original. Nothing can help you here, your bitcoin is lost.

Foref1982

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 07:07:35 PM

I'm trying to understand what you wrote here... Correct me if I'm wrong please! So, you forgot your password to your Bitcoin wallet. You downloaded pywallet and tried to change the Bitcoin QT wallet's password from pywallet.

No, that's not possible. I'm sorry for your funds if you kept any in your wallet.

But you wrote that the tool wrote "Done", which I find strange. Even if I can't help you get back into your wallet, maybe I can help you explore what you got "done". Could you please share what commands did you use? If you share them, maybe I'll be able to tell what you got "done" there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: