Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:17:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting provided by Private Internet Access, a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.  (Read 1129 times)
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:53:13 PM

That's cool, the forums are hostedran by PIA? Same service I use and I love the service, really good stuff.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

That's cool, the forums are ran by PIA? Same service I use and I love the service, really good stuff.

They provide the server for hosting. Theymos runs it along with his legions of moderators.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
pekv2 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:56:47 PM

That's cool, the forums are ran by PIA? Same service I use and I love the service, really good stuff.

They provide the server for hosting. Theymos runs it along with his legions of moderators.

Yes, I should have used hosting instead of running it. Fixed.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:03:43 PM

quick correction just for FUD insurance, the forum is ran by theymos, theymos is the only one that has access to the forum's server box. Private Internet Access just donated the box so the forum can be hosted for in exchange for that permanent ad on the bottom.

Ummm yeah, that's what I said... ran by theymos. Yup, just double checked.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:53:48 AM

quick correction just for FUD insurance, the forum is ran by theymos, theymos is the only one that has access to the forum's server box. Private Internet Access just donated the box so the forum can be hosted for in exchange for that permanent ad on the bottom.
This.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: