Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 5612 times)
parattiver

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:26:23 AM

If it really has a big punishment like I will be imprisoned if I'm caught using it then I will not use bitcoin. I will just find another way to have income and be free than suffer because I insist in using something that's illegal. May be I will shift to another cryptocurrency that is not illegal and then gain from there. There will always be a way if I look hard enough.
I agree, if it were a significant amount of jail time I would just sell all of them. But if it was some vague law where I didn’t think I would get caught I would just keep them. Government saying bitcoin is illegal is not going to happen though.
BeginnerCoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:48:03 AM

I might keep some in an offline wallet and leave it alone for a while. If they're like Russia, they'll flip and flop on deciding whether they want to support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies or not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some state-sanctioned cryptocurrencies very soon in an attempt to compete. There have already been some announcements of pilot projects.

BeginnerCoin (BGNR):
The Beginner-Friendly, Freely-Distributed Cryptocurrency for Everyone
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:22:41 PM

If it really has a big punishment like I will be imprisoned if I'm caught using it then I will not use bitcoin. I will just find another way to have income and be free than suffer because I insist in using something that's illegal. May be I will shift to another cryptocurrency that is not illegal and then gain from there. There will always be a way if I look hard enough.
I agree, if it were a significant amount of jail time I would just sell all of them. But if it was some vague law where I didn’t think I would get caught I would just keep them. Government saying bitcoin is illegal is not going to happen though.
though i doubt that they would make it a jail punishable thing, though even if they did you could just use a vpn and they wouldnt be able to control it
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1508

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:32:45 PM

If government says that bitcoin is illegal, then it will be a problem to use it. Even if it has a huge potential to grow in price but I don't want to do any illegal things.

So, if the government declares bitcoin as illegal, I will probably sell off my holdings at current rate and enjoy with that money and nothing else.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:52:02 PM

I might keep some in an offline wallet and leave it alone for a while. If they're like Russia, they'll flip and flop on deciding whether they want to support Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies or not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some state-sanctioned cryptocurrencies very soon in an attempt to compete. There have already been some announcements of pilot projects.

If the implementation of the government s very strict that will even spy on all internets activity then i will not do bitcoins. But so far though there are banning there are no strict implementations thats why many are still doing bitcoin even if its illegal in their country. Some are using vpn to hide their ip address. Its hard to trace things, but if the government tells us to stop then we will stop.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:00:47 PM

lmao . yes i would still keep using it whether they forbid it or not they will never have a control on whatever i wanted to do .  Grin Grin even if it is illegal , using a bitcoin couldn't be considered a criminal offense or not a literal violation because just like in working on a company you are making and earning it without doing anything bad the must government must focus on those scammers and theft not on the bitcoin users .
arnaudel98

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:25:23 PM

What a bunch of sheep!
I thought bitcoiners were revolutionary, I was seriously wrong. But the case is clear to me. I'll keep on using BTC because I don't have much other choice. I don't have the right to open a bank account in the country I'm currently staying. Anyway, moving to another country is no big deal.
Yeah, I didn’t think that people would so willing to just give up and stop using it. I personally would keep using it. I’m not afraid of being caught especially in the country that I live in.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 04:31:40 PM

If the implementation of the government s very strict that will even spy on all internets activity then i will not do bitcoins. But so far though there are banning there are no strict implementations thats why many are still doing bitcoin even if its illegal in their country. Some are using vpn to hide their ip address. Its hard to trace things, but if the government tells us to stop then we will stop.
Good point, if they monitor the internet traffic so much that it's almost impossible to avoid detection, I'd probably not use it too.
And if they add possible jail time as punishment...

utkarshm

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:36:10 PM

My vote is yes and i am glad to see that majority is with me.Right now i am earning in bitcoins and no body would want to leave any type of earning oportunity.I will use it online and goverment can never gonna track how much bitcoins i have as it is anonymous and decentralised currency,and thats why i love bitcoins. Grin
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

Good point, if they monitor the internet traffic so much that it's almost impossible to avoid detection, I'd probably not use it too.
And if they add possible jail time as punishment...
I think the government has a team that is smarter and better way to check Internet traffic, especially if it ends with a prison sentence I think there is no other option, besides away from bitcoin.
I was lucky, because in my country, even though they prohibit bitcoin, but they are not really serious about it. bitcoin user looks in my country is growing very much.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:41:47 PM

I guess I will be keeping on using my bitcoins regardless of what my government will decide on bitcoin usage. I believe Government will not interfere while I am saving bitcoins maybe their regulations will be affecting only for the actively spending people.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:55:21 PM

i will keep collect and use bitcoin even its illegal because i am just here in my house they didn't know if i am collecting bitcoins ..
So for me i will keep using bitcoin but anonymously.. if i withdraw bitcoin into money i will withdraw it  via western so that they seen that its usd not bitcoin..
dc1a0

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:02:42 PM

snip...
Monitoring bitcoin to a certain extent would be fine. Extra verification for transfers over a million dollars or maybe over 1000BTC would be fine. Point is if there will be some government intervention to all the bitcoin related things, it has to be bad. But personally, I feel I will be keeping on using bitcoins even any regulations will be implemented by my government.

The problem with that is, if they gain even that much control, it won't be long before it's for 100BTC, then 10, then 1 etc. The entire point of bitcoin is to take back our wealth from their control. It's ours, not theirs. If you want any government to be in control of what's yours instead of you, then, why are you bothering with decentralized currency rather than other centralized solutions?
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:06:33 PM

I probably would still use Bitcoin even if the government announces it as an illegal thing. Not to look like a thug or someone who's cool, but it's because I'm making good money out of Bitcoin. Why would I drop using it just because the government is so against it? There are also software out there that can hide your identity, so getting traced by the government should be really unlikely.
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:25:18 PM

If government says that bitcoin is illegal, then it will be a problem to use it. Even if it has a huge potential to grow in price but I don't want to do any illegal things.

So, if the government declares bitcoin as illegal, I will probably sell off my holdings at current rate and enjoy with that money and nothing else.
you are right, the biggest nightmare of all the holders of bitcoin is that bitcoin might become illegal worldwide one day, that would make all the people sell it all and the price would drop a lot really fast, bitcoin would be used by only small amounts of people then

i think that i would still stay with some kind of a cryptocurrency even if bitcoins became illegal, i would just sell it all then and by other crypto in order to still save my money in a crypto because putting fiat you dont use into bank is a terrible thing to do

though i highly doubt that bitcoins will ever get banned by the governments, even though banks dont like bitcoins and they are against it im pretty sure that they will not bribe all the governments to make bitcoin illegal, im pretty sure that is just impossible

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
kateryana81

Activity: 423

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:45:55 PM

What a bunch of sheep!
I thought bitcoiners were revolutionary, I was seriously wrong. But the case is clear to me. I'll keep on using BTC because I don't have much other choice. I don't have the right to open a bank account in the country I'm currently staying. Anyway, moving to another country is no big deal.
Just for curious if you arent able to open an bank account where you live, you forced to spend all earnings or try to save them better as you can alone. But looks like you are exchanging it to bitcoin a part of your income, are you working outside your country? I dont cara about what government says, because they only wanna more money from people, soo banning bitcoin for me would make me search even deeper to get them.
Yes, that’s crazy that bitcoin it literally allowing him to be able to travel without worry. I can’t imagine not being able to store the money you have safely. I also love the fact that banks want to try and make money off of it. So, because of that I choose to stay up to date with bitcoin articles and info.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2884
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:47:12 PM

If bitcoin will be considerd illegal in my country i think i continue to use it the same taking my own risks
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:54:55 PM

Bitcoin is attractive for the sole reason of not being in the pocket of the banks or government. These are the reasons I am attracted to bitcoin and the reasons I will continue to support bitcoin with the few that believe it goes beyond making profit off the swings and see it as a game changer. My government can barely keep track of my own taxes when I file them each year,so going after bitcoin would just be more laughs.
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:58:18 PM

If bitcoin will be considerd illegal in my country i think i continue to use it the same taking my own risks

I think the most will hold it, I also will not sell it or something, I think that is just bad to, if you are believing into the bitcoin you should not get rid of it.
I think the bitcoin is the future of the currency's.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:33:59 PM

I think the most will hold it, I also will not sell it or something, I think that is just bad to, if you are believing into the bitcoin you should not get rid of it.
I think the bitcoin is the future of the currency's.

yeah, I'd probably store it on some USB and hide it somewhere for the better days, move out of that country or the ban is lifted.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: