Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:36:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble Moving Bitcoins - Be Aware  (Read 1100 times)
coinerd (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:37:39 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 02:52:47 AM by coinerd

EDIT:  I have my bitcoins now, and consensus seems to be that this is a growing problem with BitCoin. 

As soon as BigVern heard about this he got in touch with me and began his own research.  I have no idea if this will impact how cryptsy operates at all that's up to him and except for a couple questions we haven't talked.

I changed the title because while I had the problem with cryptsy, apparently you can run into this anytime you send low fee transactions now.

How much is enough?  Your guess is as good as mine. Since Bitcoin can't possibly handle a tiny fraction of global transaction volume I guess you just need to pay more than anyone else has lately.

Suddenly a nice flat 2% at PayPal sounds mighty good to me.

==========================================================

Hello.

I'm having problems with Cryptsy.  

I've mailed the support address an hour ago and not trying to start shit for BigVern but be careful right now.

Cryptsy is paying variable fees for withdrawals (in some cases no fees at all) and it appears that miners are rejecting the transactions or something.

You can see here:

https://blockchain.info/ip-address/67.176.55.157

that anything in the last hours with a fee of less than .0005 has failed to process and holds 0 confirmations even though later transactions have been processed.

I'm in this one: 4a33fd60819dc85edeb708763e2eda91d6e685b87e829cc4338da594720e53e7

So, I sat and watched a couple of opportunities pass by already while my bitcoin (yes .11... is almost all of my bitcoin) has sat in limbo.  The amount involved becomes irrelevant.

I would advise you against taking small amounts out of cryptsy for now, until there's a proper fee system in place, or something.

I'm so fucking pissed right now. I've been reading over in technical support and it sounds like it could take days to straighten this out. Or possibly sometime the transaction will "cancel" and the coins will go back to cryptsy.  I'm not sure if he can deal with that, or it just means that I'm screwed since cryptsy won't recognize those funds as "mine" any more.

Whatever, the more I think about it, the less good possibilities i can find.  The forum say BigVern has been absent the last few hours and ...

Well shit, I'm off to have a smoke. Hopefully he's at dinner or something it's not even 9 PM over there. HELP!

Is there any pool op or skilled/equipped enough miner here to get this in a block?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yuri.

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:39:12 AM

I had an withdraw take like 3 hours to btc-e, but it eventually went through.

sdhayes12345

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:39:41 AM

I'm curious about if its possible for a pool op to manually add a transaction?  I'd love an explanation of what the pool ops can actually do. 
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:44:05 AM

The small fee transactions, as long as it's in the block chain should eventually go though, might take a few days, this is a never ending problem with p2pool payouts and LTC, you have to patch the client to stop adding massive fees, but then the confirms take forever.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:49:55 AM

Im sure vern will take care of you if he can some deposit withdraw issues are definitely with the coins themselves. Ela took forever to get there lol
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:58:50 AM

The small fee transactions, as long as it's in the block chain should eventually go though, might take a few days, this is a never ending problem with p2pool payouts and LTC, you have to patch the client to stop adding massive fees, but then the confirms take forever.

Well, that's basically bullshit.  I mean, not what you're saying, but what's happening.  They're taking themselves further and further from being viable as "a currency".

I'm curious about if its possible for a pool op to manually add a transaction?  I'd love an explanation of what the pool ops can actually do.  

Sadly, pool ops can only do what their software allows them to do, as it's configured.  This implies that not only the larger, custom pools, but p2pool and pushpools are configured to reject transactions with a fee under a certain threshold, or by now one of the pushpools or p2pool would have probably gotten at least one confirmation on it.

A larger pool op with custom software or anyone with the skill to write their own miner can control what transactions go into the blocks they mine. Although I don't personally know if anyone has built a large pool with that level (single transaction) or manual control.

And though I'm trying to look for some of the changes that were announced recently with then chopping off the last 4 digits and changing mandatory fees, like everything bitcoin it's poorly documented (or not at all, as far as the public's concerned).

I think it's because of the changes in bitcoind, not the pool ops. It seems like a pool that allowed lower fees than bitcoind would be increasing their available hash space over most of the competition. And I suspect that all but (maybe) the biggest pools have a bitcoind at the back end.

Also fishing for any answers over here.
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:05:18 AM

Im sure vern will take care of you if he can some deposit withdraw issues are definitely with the coins themselves. Ela took forever to get there lol

I hope so I'm about to drop him a PM in case he gets that email before cryptsy support mail...

This is about Bitcoin not a minor alt.

And as this is the first time I've tried to move more than a faucet drip of BTC, I'm not happy. No alt I have used has had this problem with valid transactions sitting un-mined after propagating network-wide.

bigvern

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 01:26:25 AM

I'm here.   Not sure why I didn't get the support email, those come directly to me.    Email me at paul at cryptsy dot com and lets take a look at this.

BigVern
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:51:08 AM

OK BigVern is on it I'm sure we'll get this straight.

It's likely a bitcoin problem, not a cryptsy problem, really.  Which is why I posted over in tech support first Smiley
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:09:35 AM

it's a bitcoin problem. I waited 30mins before the 1st confirmation come. But eventually you get it confirmed. So just wait.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:36:26 AM

Ok well it finally came through.

about three hours on the network before anyone touched it.

Just a heads up to anyone who takes time to read this thread - From responses I received here and in the tech support area, this is getting to be more and more common of a problem.

Can anyone point me to the bitcoin processing fee schedule?

Oh shit, nevermind... Roll Eyes

it's a bitcoin problem. I waited 30mins before the 1st confirmation come. But eventually you get it confirmed. So just wait.

30 minutes?  You Lucky Dog~!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: